Brett Hundley Value Thread

Kenrik

23 minutes ago, gillam said:

He's worth a 4th round now, maybe a 3rd. He'll potentially get paid big money in the free agency. So obviously, we keep him, release him and take the 3rd compensation pick in 2020 i believe

nah

I thought about it this morning...here is the list of teams that I think Brett could start for right now...regardless of the playbook...

Jacksonville, Cleveland, 49ers, Jets...possibly the Bears.

Here is the list of teams that I think he could realistically compete for the job...

Denver, Buffalo, Rams, Texans and Vikings.

Here is a list of teams with aging QB's and no highly drafted backups...

Arizona, Chargers, Saints.

I very much believe that the time to move Hundley is the next off-season.  Not now.

But...one would have to think that there is a market for him.  If I remove teams in the division and teams with highly drafted backups....I still have a decent list.

Jacksonville, 49ers, Jets, Buffalo.  Come next year I think the Cardinals will be primed to look for their next QB.  Moreso than the Chargers or Saints.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Have to say, when the Packers still had 93 players on their roster I thought perhaps they would trade Hundley....Keep Hill or Callahan....Trouble is finding a taker....Miami maybe or San Francisco....He's got to be anxious to be starting some where....Why not get something before he bolts?.....

Takes 2 to tango, why has no traded for Jimmy G yet? Would we take anything less than a 3rd we would get that back in a comp pick. Maybe we are being hardcore homers. The second team oline did not do him any favors by getting sacked multiple times per game. IMO I think he plays next year with us and then 2019 goes somewhere to comepte with a high draft pick for the starting spot, we get a nice comp pick.

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Have to say, when the Packers still had 93 players on their roster I thought perhaps they would trade Hundley....Keep Hill or Callahan....Trouble is finding a taker....Miami maybe or San Francisco....He's got to be anxious to be starting some where....Why not get something before he bolts?.....

We'll still get something if someone values him. He's still under a deal for next season too I believe.

I'm the minority that believes unless it's a second, you just keep him. I like the security of a backup I trust. But oh my he's nothing like Rodgers on my eyes. Just wants that ball out quick. I want to see him start one day just because curiosity.

36 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

Takes 2 to tango, why has no traded for Jimmy G yet? Would we take anything less than a 3rd we would get that back in a comp pick. Maybe we are being hardcore homers. The second team oline did not do him any favors by getting sacked multiple times per game. IMO I think he plays next year with us and then 2019 goes somewhere to comepte with a high draft pick for the starting spot, we get a nice comp pick.

I'm sure someone would give something it's just not worth losing him now? That's my thought.

If Hundley does not see regular season snaps, his value likely is capped at a 3-4th rounder.  At this point, he has not really shown enough to be much higher than that.  Rookies offer more years to learn at the cheaper contract.  Assuming Hundley stays with GB for the 2017 season, hard to see a team trading for an relative unknown QB with just 1 year left on the rookie deal.  Just as easy to pick a rookie and have 4 years to see what you have.

Archived