2017 Preseason GDT Wk 1 Browns vs. Saints

Bucketheadsdad

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

200.gif

OK.....here goes.......if Greg Williams sees the black and gold on the other sideline, it just might trigger him into doing something that he might regret.  

We all know his history of incentivization, in hopes of getting his defensive players motivated to do an extra special job during games.  

Since it is the preseason, he'll end up setting up his

B00I4F1YOE_8._CB341455456_.jpgBounty-chocolateBar-coconut.jpghith-mutiny-on-the-bounty-225-years-ago- 

to be carried out by these two men.  

FettbobaJB.png         dog-the-bounty-hunter-o.gif?w=640

Unbeknownst to the players involved....since it is the preseason......Williams paid them in 

monopoly-money-btt8k4.jpg

1 hour ago, zelbell said:

Id like to see Kizer play the whole game 

Yeah I don't know about that. I would think for a rookie playing in his 1st preseason game that he would have a limited playbook which would be fine for a quarter or two depending on the situation but a whole game may be overwhelming with the other starters switching out and trying to be on the same page with everyone. Week 4 maybe we could see him play the whole game if everything is determined by then.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah I don't know about that. I would think for a rookie playing in his 1st preseason game that he would have a limited playbook which would be fine for a quarter or two depending on the situation but a whole game may be overwhelming with the other starters switching out and trying to be on the same page with everyone. Week 4 maybe we could see him play the whole game if everything is determined by then.

Very true I think game 4 could be much like Cody's game four was last year. 

I have no clue who's going to be the starter. I'm really excited to go to TC this week I'll be able to make my decision on a lot of things. 

9 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Looks like we are showcasing Brock like an English noble man trying to sell off his daughter. And I'm okay with that!

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I really don't get how some of you can have this much misplaced confidence that Brock is being "showcased" instead of the more plausible explanation that he looked the best on Friday so now he's being given a shot at QB1. The Dolphins were probably the closest to a perfect situation for a trade partner (injured starter and coach who's worked closely with Brock in Denver), yet Shefter is reporting in the preliminary discussions the two teams weren't close to a realistic deal. Plus, let's think through the two possibilities: he looks bad and all we've managed to do is waste reps or he plays great and does manage to drive up his value so we get rid of him and stick ourselves with the two guys who weren't as good.

I feel like the idea of showcasing Brock is basically Cleveland fans whose imagination has finally gotten bored with playing around with NBA trade machine and creating Kyrie trades. 

I don't think we are showcasing Brock (may be a small art of the decision) and I don't expect Brock to be much different than what he has shown thus far in his career. I think his realistic trade value is as a solid backup, not what Miami was looking for.

We either need a QB who can stretch the field for our running game (Brock hasn't shown that thus far in his career) or a high percentage passer to convert 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 3 on a regular basis (Brock hasn't shown that either). I'm willing to see if they fixed Brock's deep accuracy issues or short accuracy issues but I don't have super duper high expectations.

21 hours ago, BwickRedux said:

I really don't get how some of you can have this much misplaced confidence that Brock is being "showcased" instead of the more plausible explanation that he looked the best on Friday so now he's being given a shot at QB1. The Dolphins were probably the closest to a perfect situation for a trade partner (injured starter and coach who's worked closely with Brock in Denver), yet Shefter is reporting in the preliminary discussions the two teams weren't close to a realistic deal. Plus, let's think through the two possibilities: he looks bad and all we've managed to do is waste reps or he plays great and does manage to drive up his value so we get rid of him and stick ourselves with the two guys who weren't as good.

I feel like the idea of showcasing Brock is basically Cleveland fans whose imagination has finally gotten bored with playing around with NBA trade machine and creating Kyrie trades. 

It looks like you are right. Jay is now in Miami for 10 M a year with 3 M in incentives. I am now throwing my support behind Brock. I hope he can lead this team to a few more wins this year. A single digit lose season would be super. 

that is all

mastercheddaar

On 8/5/2017 at 5:39 AM, Bucketheadsdad said:

OK.....here goes.......if Greg Williams sees the black and gold on the other sideline, it just might trigger him into doing something that he might regret.  

We all know his history of incentivization, in hopes of getting his defensive players motivated to do an extra special job during games.  

Since it is the preseason, he'll end up setting up his

B00I4F1YOE_8._CB341455456_.jpgBounty-chocolateBar-coconut.jpghith-mutiny-on-the-bounty-225-years-ago- 

to be carried out by these two men.  

FettbobaJB.png         dog-the-bounty-hunter-o.gif?w=640

Unbeknownst to the players involved....since it is the preseason......Williams paid them in 

monopoly-money-btt8k4.jpg

On 8/5/2017 at 3:28 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

200.gif

On 8/5/2017 at 0:47 AM, Kiwibrown said:

this thread is missing  bounty gate joke.

How many Gregg Williamses does it take to screw in a light bulb?

2 - one to screw it in and one to pay his players to knock it out again

(I'll see myself out...)

Archived