2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

my guess of needs for 2019:

RB- Lynch another year older

TE- Cook turned 31 and last year of his contract

WR- Nelson and Bryant both question marks for different reason. could pan out!

MLB- yet to address position

Possibly DE- Edwards is on one year contract. He could be gone in 2019, or have a great year and retained

possibly CB- Conely has yet to prove himself

those are potential needs for 2019

Add OT, DT and pass rush as potential need as well. All depending on which players of this years draft pan out. For example If PJ Hall turns out to be JAG, and Hurst isn't cleared to play then DT stays a need.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Or we can invest in a good MLB that really knows how to play the position with a good work ethic then start taking late round flyers that can learn from said player and advance beyond their natural abilities.  That is part of the reason why certain teams have particular positions that they churn out good players at specific positions every year no matter how highly thought of the prospect is when they come out.  Coaching and scheme play a part also but learning by example is a huge part also.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Are you trying to say that having mentors have no effect or are you trying to argue for no reason.

No, I'm saying that stating this over and over won't make it happen.

And by the way, I think the young LBs have learned alot from Bowman and Riley in the last few years.

22 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yup, solid vet that everyone said was done last year and still performed well and produced. Another MENTOR for the young guys. We'll see if we can get him in at the right price.

I'm guessing bargaining chip against Bowman is the real reason for the visit.  Bowman is 6 years younger

10 minutes ago, true2form said:

I'm guessing bargaining chip against Bowman is the real reason for the visit.  Bowman is 6 years younger

Could be but if Bowman doesn't budge (which is a possibility) then Johnson becomes a real option even if we don't prefer it. Hell the team prefers Bowman as well but I bet he he has a firm price he will strap up for.

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Could be but if Bowman doesn't budge (which is a possibility) then Johnson becomes a real option even if we don't prefer it. Hell the team prefers Bowman as well but I bet he he has a firm price he will strap up for.

Well I stand corrected

since we released Bryant DE we should sign Lamar Houston. can never have enough pass rushers and he would provide great depth

Would make 3 more moves

DE: Lamar Houston, Junior Gallatte, or Elvis Dumerville

TE: Juluis Thomas or Antonio Gates

CB: still good corners for depth and competition

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

since we released Bryant DE we should sign Lamar Houston. can never have enough pass rushers and he would provide great depth

Would make 3 more moves

DE: Lamar Houston, Junior Gallatte, or Elvis Dumerville

TE: Juluis Thomas or Antonio Gates

CB: still good corners for depth and competition

Julius Thomas has been trash for years. Id bet on him never catching a pass again before id bet he could help any team

Archived