2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

49 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

With the draft in the books, who do we think is getting cut and picked up? No doubt MLB is our biggest need now.

Now?  The last time I felt good about our MLB going into the season was Nick Roach.  There is a reason why everyone wanted to pay Perry Riley last year and now NaVarro Bowman.  These players are or were at the end of their careers but were such a drastic improvement we felt like we had just signed a current all pro.  Now we are just going to throw late round picks and UDFA's at the problem and see who sticks.  Half way through the year we will pick up a retired vet and they will outplay all of them day 1.

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Now?  The last time I felt good about our MLB going into the season was Nick Roach.  There is a reason why everyone wanted to pay Perry Riley last year and now NaVarro Bowman.  These players are or were at the end of their careers but were such a drastic improvement we felt like we had just signed a current all pro.  Now we are just going to throw late round picks and UDFA's at the problem and see who sticks.  Half way through the year we will pick up a retired vet and they will outplay all of them day 1.

Mychal Kendricks is still available. He had an unreal season last year. I'd happily trade for him and take on his contract. We can rework some deals similar to what Hudson did.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mychal Kendricks is still available. He had an unreal season last year. I'd happily trade for him and take on his contract. We can rework some deals similar to what Hudson did.

We need to get a starting caliber MLB.  Lee and Victor are our only true MLB's I believe.  I really hope Guenther is better than Pagano also.  This was the first thing Chucky did that pissed me off.

Decent as in would start for a couple of NFL teams. In terms of Raiders of the past what i call decent is a kirk morrison in his 3rd-4th nfl year or a thomas Howard with the same kind of mileage (i know Howard was more of an olb). Guys a franchise allready knows they are not the long term answer and therefor might be willing to part ways with, but who can act as decent stopgaps. 

I am tiredof having guys who wouldnt start at any other team start for us and have them kill all hopes of fielding a solid D. 

1 hour ago, Roninho said:

Decent as in would start for a couple of NFL teams. In terms of Raiders of the past what i call decent is a kirk morrison in his 3rd-4th nfl year or a thomas Howard with the same kind of mileage (i know Howard was more of an olb). Guys a franchise allready knows they are not the long term answer and therefor might be willing to part ways with, but who can act as decent stopgaps. 

I am tiredof having guys who wouldnt start at any other team start for us and have them kill all hopes of fielding a solid D. 

Thank you

39 minutes ago, TiberiusRising said:

I forgot we signed Amonty Bryant as well. That could be a nice foursome of ends. Mack, Irvin, Bryant, Key. 

One thing I can say looking at this roster its going to be tough to make the team. Maybe top two players are locked at each position for the most part. 

Carradine as well 

1 hour ago, TiberiusRising said:

I forgot we signed Amonty Bryant as well. That could be a nice foursome of ends. Mack, Irvin, Bryant, Key. 

One thing I can say looking at this roster its going to be tough to make the team. Maybe top two players are locked at each position for the most part. 

Competition at every level is great. There are soome glaring omissions in this right now:

RB - They needed a guy to shake this group. Aging Lynch, Martin trying to rebound and not much else to speak of. 

LB - Nothing like a bunch of JAGs

Safety - See above 

As much as I hate having such a glaring need so late in the preseason, there's still a ton of time left to acquire one. Round of cuts to 53, trades, etc. At some point some teams are going to have draft picks playing better than expected, or will need cap space, etc, and there will be decent players jettisoned. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Competition at every level is great. There are soome glaring omissions in this right now:

RB - They needed a guy to shake this group. Aging Lynch, Martin trying to rebound and not much else to speak of. 

LB - Nothing like a bunch of JAGs

Safety - See above 

If the dine and corners perform up to snuff then the lb and safeties can be JAGS that do their jobs and the defense will be decent to good.

Archived