2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

looking a little ahead in 2019 Raiders will have 51M in cap space... If we cut Penn and Seth Roberts cap will be up to 66M 

A lot of the starters will be locked up too

QB: Carr

RB:

WR: Cooper, Nelson

TE:

T: Kolton, Parker

G: KO, Jackson

C: Hudson

DE: Mack, 

DT: Ellis, Hurst, Hall

OLB: Whitehead, Irvin

MLB:

CB: Conely, Nelson

S: Obi, Joseph

Key free agents: Lynch, Cook, Bryant, Mario Edwards, Melvin

Plus Mack needs a new deal, would be a lot of money to play with

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

with the DJ signing  just give me 3 more players for competition:

CB- tired of the unit being so weak

Edge Rusher - Junior Gallette , Lamar Houston- could never have too many pass rushers

TE- just more depth and competition

which CB and TE are you thinking?

15 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

which CB and TE are you thinking?

decent corners in the market

CB: 

Kayvon Webster, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Delvin Breaux, Bashaud Breeland, Jeremy Lane

any of those guys would be nice for competition

TE:

Antonio Gates :D , Brent Celek. 

not many options for free agent tight ends. I just don't trust Lee Smith

40 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

decent corners in the market

CB: 

Kayvon Webster, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Delvin Breaux, Bashaud Breeland, Jeremy Lane

any of those guys would be nice for competition

TE:

Antonio Gates :D , Brent Celek. 

not many options for free agent tight ends. I just don't trust Lee Smith

The only names there I see possibly improving the team at this point are breeland when he is healthy in a few months and Breaux but he is getting heat from teams looking for starters. I don't think we need to add anyone else from this free agent crop. Keep mining for udfa guys that could help and I think we're set till cuts barring injury.

15 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

The only names there I see possibly improving the team at this point are breeland when he is healthy in a few months and Breaux but he is getting heat from teams looking for starters. I don't think we need to add anyone else from this free agent crop. Keep mining for udfa guys that could help and I think we're set till cuts barring injury.

we have guys at corner, but everything has to pan out

Conely stays healthy

Nelson is a rookie

Worley needs to stay out of trouble

Don't really want to see McDonald on the the field, or Leon Hall or Wright making the team

Really hope we resign Bowman and give Eric Reid a call.  Bowman/Johnson would be a solid MLB set up.  Reid is a good safety and I’m not sure what we have yet in Obi.  Joseph/Reid combo would make me feel better about the secondary.

1 hour ago, BigD1123 said:

I would LOVE to bring Bowman back. I think that would make our lb a strength instead of a weakness. Also I believe he and DJ could really help coach up our youngins.

I think they learned from Bowman last year and will learn from DJ this year. I don't think Bowman is in the cards this year if he hasn't signed by now. 2 possibilities could be he waits til training camp to sign to skip the offseason stuff some vets do or we sign him before cuts if we don't like what we see. Both I think are long shots though with the # of guys we have on the roster barring injury.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:56 PM, Humble_Beast said:

we have guys at corner, but everything has to pan out

Conely stays healthy

Nelson is a rookie

Worley needs to stay out of trouble

Don't really want to see McDonald on the the field, or Leon Hall or Wright making the team

You're right about everything having to pan out but that is no different from any team at this time and if something happens that makes our depth take a hit then we'll make a move but we only have so much money and we need to save it for those type on situations.

19 hours ago, daineraider said:

Really hope we resign Bowman and give Eric Reid a call.  Bowman/Johnson would be a solid MLB set up.  Reid is a good safety and I’m not sure what we have yet in Obi.  Joseph/Reid combo would make me feel better about the secondary.

I honestly think Reid could start and succeed at WLB as he did for the 49ers toward the end of last season.

Archived