2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don't think it's politics with Vaccaro and Boston. I think it's a perfect storm of the NFL putting less value on a hitter over the middle, the players still having 2017 comps in mind when looking for deals, this being a good safety draft and teams believing they can get bargains on lesser players at the position.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't think it's politics with Vaccaro and Boston. I think it's a perfect storm of the NFL putting less value on a hitter over the middle, the players still having 2017 comps in mind when looking for deals, this being a good safety draft and teams believing they can get bargains on lesser players at the position.

I tend to agree with this but Eric Reid might be another story.

Kenny Vaccaro has gotten roundly overrated throughout his career. That said, in any other year I think it's safe to say all three are signed within the first two weeks of free agency. I can't imagine their asking prices are astronomically high.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Kenny Vaccaro has gotten roundly overrated throughout his career. That said, in any other year I think it's safe to say all three are signed within the first two weeks of free agency. I can't imagine their asking prices are astronomically high.

It doesn't have to be super high for them to get snubbed. Agents try to comp when seeking deals and they are most likely comping what the top safeties got last year. If the majority of teams aren't valuing safeites that high this year then they sit on the market while the teams address their needs some other way.

These dudes would take one year prove it deals. They have enough value for that. We gonna keep pretending it isn't what teams are showing it is. What the numbers say it is. They not old, they not trash. Young average players get signed all the time. Young below average players get signed. It' clear the owners taking a stand. 

26 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

These dudes would take one year prove it deals. They have enough value for that. We gonna keep pretending it isn't what teams are showing it is. What the numbers say it is. They not old, they not trash. Young average players get signed all the time. Young below average players get signed. It' clear the owners taking a stand. 

Of course they would now. The market is non existent. But before this we don't know what they were seeking and I bet it was more than most teams were willing to pay a safety in this climate as I described above. Now teams are set unless someone goes down with an injury. I don't buy that Boston and Vaccarro are part of the Reid and Kap drama.

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Karma a b... sorry pac man, we don’t forget that thug getting away with murder against amari cooper. That bun could stay on the streets 

He’s made $38 mil in his career being the way he is, doubt he is worried about being considered a thug.

On 5/12/2018 at 12:52 PM, dante9876 said:

It' clear the owners taking a stand. 

As a fan, I'm all for giving all 3 and Colin vet min deals. As an owner of a franchise, I wouldn't touch them, except if I owned the Raiders. We are known to be the black sheep of the NFL. Al would be all over these guys to just get a deal and keep the middle finger up to anybody who cares. Always loved that about Al...

1 hour ago, G said:

As a fan, I'm all for giving all 3 and Colin vet min deals. As an owner of a franchise, I wouldn't touch them, except if I owned the Raiders. We are known to be the black sheep of the NFL. Al would be all over these guys to just get a deal and keep the middle finger up to anybody who cares. Always loved that about Al...

I think Reid and Kaep would be upgrades to our team.  Not sure if Kaep would be looking for a lower paying backup job, but he is better than Cook and Manuel.  Reid would probably start so I’d be good with bringing him in.

I have no problem signing controversial players when they can play, unless they are backup QB's. That's the guy you don't want to see on the field anyway, whereas these safeties would either start or see quite some time on the field anways.

Archived