2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

I would feel good about that group for the year but eventually we need to address these positions with some valuable draft capital.  I believe Rolando McClain was the last player to start multiple seasons for us at MLB.  2012 - McClain, 2013 - Roach, 2014 - Burris, 2015 - Lofton, 2016 - Riley, 2017 - Bowman, 2018 - Johnson.  There has been a few others that have started also Heeney, Lee and I am probably missing a few.  Do we have any other position that has half of this turnover.

6 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

And Morrow 

Yeah we actually should have a decent front seven this year especially with the upgrades we made on the DL moving Irvin to the edge full-time and adding Key, Hall, and Hurst. 

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Based on how Gruden talks about Johnson, it doesn't appear adding another starting linebacker is in the cards.

That is just how coaches talk up players.  Think about how many crap players there are in the league, they are better than us, and how many times has a coach come out and said they suck.  Professional athletes have spent their lives around yes men and most would ask to be traded if a coach spoke badly about them in public.  Although he is an above average player he is 36 and has torn the same Achilles in back to back years.  We probably have a better shot at making it to the Super Bowl than he does of making it thru the year as the starter.  I think he was a great player and wish he would have come to us sooner but I think the front office is blind if they do not add a plan B.  My prediction is Bowman does not sign and waits for Johnson to have another season ending injury so he gets the money he wants and only plays ten games.

43 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Would be a great pickup. 

I would love to sign him but where are we getting the money?  I know we have a few options, thank you RM, but who do you want to let go of or restructure?

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I would love to sign him but where are we getting the money?  I know we have a few options, thank you RM, but who do you want to let go of or restructure?

I'm not really privy with our players contacts, but if we were looking to restructure a deal I would look towards the offensive line. They are the highest paid Line in the league. I know big Rod restructured a few months ago

Archived