NickButera

2018 Free Agency Thread v2

16 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I'm not really privy with our players contacts, but if we were looking to restructure a deal I would look towards the offensive line. They are the highest paid Line in the league. I know big Rod restructured a few months ago

We can always save some money by signing Mack to his long term deal and cutting Roberts.

1 hour ago, true2form said:

We can always save some money by signing Mack to his long term deal and cutting Roberts.

I read somewhere, not sure how true, that we have 5.6 million available if we don't make a single move.  Sign Mack, cut Roberts.... That's a decent amount of change.  

55 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Cutting Roberts costs the team 2 mil in dead money. 

Vic said we'll probably look to trade him during training camp after someone gets hurt and a team now needs a receiver. 

1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

Vic said we'll probably look to trade him during training camp after someone gets hurt and a team now needs a receiver. 

Makes sense. They tried apparently during the draft and couldn't find a taker. I doubt with his contract, he has much of a market. 

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Makes sense. They tried apparently during the draft and couldn't find a taker. I doubt with his contract, he has much of a market. 

One benefit of trading for him though is that he's due $4M this year, we've already paid him $2M so he'd only be owed $2M from whoever trades for him. He's a decent 3rd option at the price especially if you're down a receiver and want to pick up a proven vet with special teams value. 

If we signed Mack to a new deal his average per year will definitely be higher than his $13+ he is scheduled to make this year but depending on how the contract is structured it could go down a little.  I would not expect them to lower it to much because it just means you have to offer more later on.  The Broncos did this with Miller and will have to pay him $25+ the next 2 years.  There is not a non QB in the league that deserves that much.  I do not know a single Raider fan that does not love Mack but this team is only going as far as Carr takes us.  The D is not going to win many games for us.  The O has put the D in a position to close games out a lot over the past 2 years but that will end this year.  Guarantee this team shows much better clock management this year.

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Cutting Roberts costs the team 2 mil in dead money. 

Yes, but it also gives us 2.5 in space.

14 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

One benefit of trading for him though is that he's due $4M this year, we've already paid him $2M so he'd only be owed $2M from whoever trades for him. He's a decent 3rd option at the price especially if you're down a receiver and want to pick up a proven vet with special teams value. 

What special teams value does Roberts have? He doesn’t play special teams for the Raiders, does he? 

1 hour ago, BABYLON 5 said:

So I guess we didn't sign Mychal Kendricks ?

He's visiting the Browns today and making a decision by the end of the week reportedly. 

Kendricks is signing with the Browns. Probably got more than we could offer.