2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Off season. No story lines to talk about. It will pick up in a week when camp opens.

A lot of stories starting to build up

• Training camp week
  • Mack potential hold out
  • Former Raider passed away
  • Greg Papa out as the voice of the Raiders

Seems like user active is at an all time low. Maybe because of all the witch hunts by certain groups of users.....

1 hour ago, mct288 said:

OLB Kevin Dodd waived by Titans. Could be worth a look-see if he makes it to Oak on waivers.

He adds nothing. He was so overhyped. Played opposite Beasley who got all the attention and made a name for himself in one game. I still laugh at people who thought he'd have a bigger NFL impact that Vic Beasley. Draft hype will make fools out of us all

8 hours ago, mct288 said:

OLB Kevin Dodd waived by Titans. Could be worth a look-see if he makes it to Oak on waivers.

I am a Clemson fan but not sure on that one. Dodd is talented. But the no show to camp thing doesn't sit well with me.

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Irv is correct.  No thanks.  

Only way o can see it is if we shop Penn and Robert's and maybe a backup o lineman. Maybe throw in a late rounder. Hawks need online help we need safety help. He and Penn make close to the same this yr. Get Robert's off the books. Then the question is Miller.

On 24/07/2018 at 6:57 AM, Humble_Beast said:

exactly all our corners have question marks....Melvin, Nelson, Conely, Worely all have potential but like you said have risks....yikes we are in trouble if McDonald, Hall, or Wright are getting a lot of playing time against starting wideouts...

Really liked Conley from the little I saw of him and have liked Melvin for a while so I think we should have 2 at least solid corners there - with Conley in particular having huge potential. I think Gilchrist could also be a factor in the slot and liked him when he was with the Jets, not sure how much his play has changed since with injuries though. I agree we would be biting our nails if Hall or Wright had to play a large number of snaps. 

Camp is going to be fascinating to hear how the corners do against some legit receivers in Nelson, Cooper and Bryant. It's an unknown at this point but IF the pass rush is much improved it would seriously help all our DBs and hide weaknesses. I can't imagine our pass rush this year being more passive than last year............

17 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

a bigger 2nd round bust from the 2016 2nd round then Jihard Ward!

Yeah, I get that. His situation at Tennessee was certainly weird too. 

I guess the the difference in the two is that it wouldn’t really cost much to bring him in, rather than using a second round pick. But you guys are probably right. Wouldn’t mind taking a look if he clears waiver, and could be brought to camp with no gtd money attached though. 

4 hours ago, showtime said:

They can't do both?  Thomas would be an amazing addition to the Raiders defense.

We don't have the cap space.  If he'd be willing to play for peanuts this season, we could probably pay him next year.

Mack should be mutually exclusive to Aaron Donald.... Raiders and his agent should look towards JJ Watt and Von Miller contracts

JJ Watt 6 y100 M  

Von Miller would set the record for edge rusher with 6y 114.5M deal with 70 M guaranteed.. that is around 19M a season

Mack should be the first 20M defensive player....  6 y @ 120M annual salary of 20M with 70M-80M guaranteed.. Maybe a signing bonus, and he also won't get state taxes when we move to Nevada.. that should get the deal done, and we would have Mack for his entire prime! 

Archived