2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

12 tackles and a sack. When's that talent going to show up?

No clue haven't asked him or the hundreds of other talented guys over the years who have done nothing in the pros. I said I wouldn't want him for the record. But the kid has talent. Some people just dont make the move. As far as the Beastley comparisons I never understood it. No Clemson fan or anyone who watched Clemson a lot ever said it. I kind of figured he would have been a good old school d end type. Keep containment and get 5 to 7 sacks a yr. Never thought he would be a sack artist but I did expect him to be a really good base end. But I also thought Spiller would be a Sanders type guy and i thought Nuke Hopkins would be a good slot decent outside guy. Sometimes they hit the pros and flourish some times they hit the pros and fade.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Low key great signing by AZ. Raiders had him at one point. He'd have been an upgrade.

Agreed. I know Nelson serves an off field purpose given his familiarity with Guenther, but a bit frustrating that we gave him essentially a larger contract than Boston signed for considering how bad Reggie looked last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Dougie martin is looking good in camp. Obviously nothing set in stone, but I'm thrilled that we have him on vet minimum. If he can be anything close to what he was, he's a good change of pace runner with some power, shiftiness, and pass catching ability. Him and Richard should spell Lynch quite well IMO.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:31 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Nelson and Martin looking good while they legs fresh but will they keep it up during a long season or will their miles show? At least Martin is cheap and not expected to start

Eh we have Richard too, who's gonna make some noise. Not worried about the backfield at all.

Archived