2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Juju, Alvin Kamara, Eddie Jackson 

why Reggie must you do this to us... if you just hit on 50 percent of your high picks besides 2014, we would be the Golden State Warriors on the NFL

If anyone hit on 50 percent of their picks they’d be very good. Oh well, the Raiders still have quite a bit of talent and this year’s draft class is looking fairly good. 

On obi though, dude can’t stay healthy and i guess he’s not in love with the game. In the NFL talent doesn’t mean much if you aren’t passionate in what you do, look at Jamarcus Russell. I’m glad the Raiders made this  decision now instead of years later. Just goes to show that Gruden is in charge. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What veteran QBs are on the market or can be had via trade? It's abundantly clear that Cook and Manuel are not the answer. 

Not a good looking market. Matt Moore is out there as a FA I believe. Once final 53 cuts are made we’ll have a better idea. 

A couple other ideas  

- Pittsburgh can’t keep Jones, Dobbs and Rudolph plus Big Ben 

-Does Green Bay keep Hundley and Kizer?

Doubt we give up any assets for a back up QB. Could be another long year of Cook/EJ but man the overall talent of QBs in the league right now is pretty slim. 

3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

13 sacks over his last 3 seasons I’d say he’s over the hill and isn’t going to get any better

Sounds perfect for this geriatric joke of a defense we're looking at having. 

Loss of Mack and MEJ on the d-line in the same day. Pathetic.

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Sounds perfect for this geriatric joke of a defense we're looking at having. 

Loss of Mack and MEJ on the d-line in the same day. Pathetic.

MEJ was garbage. Flashed a little as a rookie and fan overreacted. Started acting like he was better than Leo whom they passed on in round 1. He's done ZERO since. Lazy player.

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

MEJ was garbage. Flashed a little as a rookie and fan overreacted. Started acting like he was better than Leo whom they passed on in round 1. He's done ZERO since. Lazy player.

I should've been more specific, my apologies. The MEJ loss has more to due with the wasted investment than on field play. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He never looked the same after injury. A bit of bad luck there, but clearly has been outperformed by our rooks/unheralded guys. At least Calhoun and Fadol Brown showed out in preseason. Both have been pleasant surprises.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

he was a great rookie, but hurt.... couldn't overcome his injuries, and his attitude didn't help

with the cap space with Mack gone I should sign these 2 guys quick on 1y deals

• Dan Bailey- was overpaid but is a top ten kicker in the game, instant upgrade over Nugent
  • Corey Coleman- improve the depth of wideout unit. young and still has potential
  • or Dez Bryant- not as great as you think, but he is an upgrade over Seth

Archived