2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Can Reggie and Gruden actually figure it out is what I’m scared of. Injury risk over drafted or straight Al Davis mode

I think Gruden thinks he can win with what we have on the offensive side of the ball, give or take a piece or two.  For years our defense has been our Achilles heel.  If they don't know that by now I've officially lost all faith in this organization.  

Offensively, we should be able to compete.  Between Grudens play calling and Derek on the field, which there are clearly issue but I like to think it'll be a lot better over the next few weeks, we're not that far off.  

It should be clear as day that our defense is the issue.  But who knows.  Gruden being an offensive mind... May load up on skill position players with the draft picks we have acquired from a disagreeable trade.  

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

I think Gruden thinks he can win with what we have on the offensive side of the ball, give or take a piece or two.  For years our defense has been our Achilles heel.  If they don't know that by now I've officially lost all faith in this organization.  

Offensively, we should be able to compete.  Between Grudens play calling and Derek on the field, which there are clearly issue but I like to think it'll be a lot better over the next few weeks, we're not that far off.  

It should be clear as day that our defense is the issue.  But who knows.  Gruden being an offensive mind... May load up on skill position players with the draft picks we have acquired from a disagreeable trade.  

I see him eyeballing a WR in the draft unless others on the staff have the clout to get the right picks. BPA

edit : first round that is

2 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I see him eyeballing a WR in the draft unless others on the staff have the clout to get the right picks. BPA

edit : first round that is

And I have to be honest, a guy like N'Keal Harry intrigues me. 

5 minutes ago, Totty said:

And I have to be honest, a guy like N'Keal Harry intrigues me. 

Not over Bosa and future all pro MLB or CB

but it’s a wait n see where we draft. Defense is on life support with holes and AARP players and he knows we need edge rushers we have to get pressure and I did start watching CFB games after BP talked about prospects and I wish we could have a player like N’keal. But Our Defense needs a jolt 

6 hours ago, Totty said:

Bosa and White would literally transform our D into something special.  

Would need a top 5 and 10 pick IMO to land them. I see Bosa going #1 overall unless a QB needy team is atop the draft. Best guess, it's Buffalo right now and they are set at QB.

8 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

1st Nick Bosa

1st Devin White

2nd N'Keal Harry

My dream draft. 

Bosa - #1 overall pick (minimum top 3)

White - To 10 -15 pick (could go higher)

Harry - Shurefire 1st round pick. WR2 on most draft boards. 

Doubtful Raiders are picking top 5. Bosa only happens with a trade up.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Teams are always over value QBs 

They do, yes. But what teams will be looking at a QB early next season? 

Most the struggling teams have young QBs now. So you're looking at teams like SD, NYG, with older vet QBs. There are not many of those either.

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They do, yes. But what teams will be looking at a QB early next season? 

Most the struggling teams have young QBs now. So you're looking at teams like SD, NYG, with older vet QBs. There are not many of those either.

Tampa Bay,  Miami , Giants  and maybe Washington and Dallas 

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Bosa - #1 overall pick (minimum top 3)

White - To 10 -15 pick (could go higher)

Harry - Shurefire 1st round pick. WR2 on most draft boards. 

Doubtful Raiders are picking top 5. Bosa only happens with a trade up.

I think the bears pick will result in a top 5 pick trubisky is terrible. The defense is a year or so away from being able to carry him.

I think the raiders will probably go 8-8. Get a 13-16 pick thats where i see white going. 

I have seem Harry geting mocked between late first and late second. This was the one i have the as least likely to be available. The other two aren't reslly that wild

Archived