2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

11 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I think the bears pick will result in a top 5 pick trubisky is terrible. The defense is a year or so away from being able to carry him.

I think the raiders will probably go 8-8. Get a 13-16 pick thats where i see white going. 

I have seem Harry geting mocked between late first and late second. This was the one i have the as least likely to be available. The other two aren't reslly that wild

Bears look better than the Raiders to me. Solid defense that are just getting Roquan and Mack together, they will only get stronger as the season goes on. Solid Oline and RBs. Smart offensive minded coach who will make things easier on his QB.

Bears are more talented than the Raiders IMO. My guess is Raiders have 2 picks between 12 and 20.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Bears look better than the Raiders to me. Solid defense that are just getting Roquan and Mack together, they will only get stronger as the season goes on. Solid Oline and RBs. Smart offensive minded coach who will make things easier on his QB.

Bears are more talented than the Raiders IMO. My guess is Raiders have 2 picks between 12 and 20.

What have you done for me lately reaction.  I would agree after week 1 with your assessment.  However, I still feel the Raiders will end up with the better record at the end of the year, even if Chicago is the better team.

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I think the bears pick will result in a top 5 pick trubisky is terrible. The defense is a year or so away from being able to carry him.

I think the raiders will probably go 8-8. Get a 13-16 pick thats where i see white going. 

I have seem Harry geting mocked between late first and late second. This was the one i have the as least likely to be available. The other two aren't reslly that wild

This draft is very deep with edge rusher so some are going to be undervalued 

39 minutes ago, true2form said:

What have you done for me lately reaction.  I would agree after week 1 with your assessment.  However, I still feel the Raiders will end up with the better record at the end of the year, even if Chicago is the better team.

For the record, I fund the Bears to be underrated coming in for all the reasons I mentioned. Loads of talent on that team. They drafted 2 of my favorites in Smith and Miiler. It all hinges on Trubisky. With Nagy coaching the offense, they will be okay this season. The defense will keep them in most games.

3 hours ago, true2form said:

Tribusiky was average in college, terrible last year, and looked meh in week one. In that division, they're going 5-11 or 6-10 this year. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Don't understand the respect that nagy gets... it is so unwarranted. I dont believe he is gunna be around very long as a headcoach

29 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Don't understand the respect that nagy gets... it is so unwarranted. I dont believe he is gunna be around very long as a headcoach

What makes you say that? He was calling the offense in KC last season. Andy Reid disciple. No reason to think he cannot find success. I get hoping he fails, given the trade but I'd put money on him finding his way. Hell of a coaching staff he's got now.

The KC offense wasnt that inovative. He had alex smith who makes no mistakes. I don't think it was as much nagy as it was andy reid. My business partner is a chicago native and a bears fan and i told him when he was hired. He will have a hard time finding success as an NFL HC

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What makes you say that? He was calling the offense in KC last season. Andy Reid disciple. No reason to think he cannot find success. I get hoping he fails, given the trade but I'd put money on him finding his way. Hell of a coaching staff he's got now.

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Maybe the offense might bungle(i doubt it tho. I think Nagy will be a decent HC) but Vic Fangio runs that defense and its his show. And he's up there with Wade Phillips as a DC.

Keep dreaming all you guys want that the Bears will suck. Your only prayer at the them being bad is if Jordan Howard is lost for the year. Top 10 defense returning all its starters and only added a former DPOY and a top 10 pick to boot.

Even if Trubisky sucks(like Bortles-level sucks) they could still easily be a playoff team. Its a tale as old as time. If you can run the ball and play defense, you're not gonna be a bottom barrel team period. And every year several teams with shotty QBs make the playoffs with just that. Ill be shocked if Bears dont win AT LEAST 7-8 games

19 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

The KC offense wasnt that inovative. He had alex smith who makes no mistakes. I don't think it was as much nagy as it was andy reid. My business partner is a chicago native and a bears fan and i told him when he was hired. He will have a hard time finding success as an NFL HC

You offered no valid reasoning to why Nagy won't be a quality HC. When the Offense was struggling, Reid gave the play calling duties to Nagy. He has a good staff and talent to work with, those are the facts.

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You offered no valid reasoning to why Nagy won't be a quality HC. When the Offense was struggling, Reid gave the play calling duties to Nagy. He has a good staff and talent to work with, those are the facts.

He has a mediocre quarterback that has never really played that well. Even at UNC Tribusky was just decent, dude was third team all-conference in his one year as a starter and during the two years prior to that he couldn't even beat out Marquise Williams for the starting spot. Williams went undrafted and played in one CFL game before he was cut and hasn't played football since. 

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has a mediocre quarterback that has never really played that well. Even at UNC Tribusky was just decent, dude was third team all-conference in his one year as a starter and during the two years prior to that he couldn't even beat out Marquise Williams for the starting spot. Williams went undrafted and played in one CFL game before he was cut and hasn't played football since. 

So Nagy won't be a good HC because his QB might suck? They have a top tier running game and top defense. They will win games despite the QB. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So Nagy won't be a good HC because his QB might suck? They have a top tier running game and top defense. They will win games despite the QB. 

These are the arguments I see from you where I'm like. . . If that was Oakland you'd key on the fact they have a rookie QB, rookie HC, And nothing going on in the passing game so, defense can't do it all and they'll put 8 in the box and wish us luck.  But because it's not is you point out the good things.  

Just keeping you honest big pa! ??‍♂️

I just read the Browns are going to release Josh Gordon.  I say we absolutely make a push to sign him.  Gordon is an all pro talent and would give this team a serious WR core.  Absolutely vicious if they can all stay on the field and he would provide insurance if Bryant gets suspended.  This is a move Gruden must make.  

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I just read the Browns are going to release Josh Gordon.  I say we absolutely make a push to sign him.  Gordon is an all pro talent and would give this team a serious WR core.  Absolutely vicious if they can all stay on the field and he would provide insurance if Bryant gets suspended.  This is a move Gruden must make.  

No way we'll bring him in with Cooper, Bryant, and Jordy already in the mix. I'm assuming he's going to be suspended soon for another failed test, I don't see any other reason the Browns would cut him at this point. 

Archived