2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

4 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I think it's safe to say Gruden (let's be real...this was his trade) overestimated our DL after preseason. With Mack, we'd be sitting pretty. Unfortunately that is not the case so Guenther has to get creative. Tough spot to be in considering he probably worked very hard on schemes to get Mack one on ones all off-season. And all that prep got squandered and left him needing to adjust to a completely different situation right before the season. Wonder how he will change things up. Not an enviable position to be in.

we could easily be 2-0 if we had Mack..but Gruden wanted to break up the team..nothing you can do now but hope Gruden vision works.. he's going be around the next 10 years lol

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

we could easily be 2-0 if we had Mack..but Gruden wanted to break up the team..nothing you can do now but hope Gruden vision works.. he's going be around the next 10 years lol

Mack may have tipped the scales in Denver, but he wouldn't have made much of a difference against the Rams.  You guys need to quit thinking he'd be doing what he's doing with the Bears with us.  The Mack we know always got off to slow starts and didn't make much noise for us until at least a few weeks into the season.  

He undoubtedly would make our defense much better, but let's be real. 

15 minutes ago, true2form said:

Mack may have tipped the scales in Denver, but he wouldn't have made much of a difference against the Rams.  You guys need to quit thinking he'd be doing what he's doing with the Bears with us.  The Mack we know always got off to slow starts and didn't make much noise for us until at least a few weeks into the season.  

He undoubtedly would make our defense much better, but let's be real. 

Im tired of discussing mack. But this would had been the best secondary and best coach he ever played with. There is no telling what he would had done. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Im tired of discussing mack. But this would had been the best secondary and best coach he ever played with. There is no telling what he would had done. 

This x1000. But I feel like I keep bringing him up so I'll try and stop. Its tough when its all over the internet and also our team is suffering from a severe lack of pass rush though.

What’s the problem with bringing up Mack? We chose to trade him and it’s fair to imagine what he could be producing in this team. It’s no different than discussing a draft choice and questioning whether it was a good pick or not. I don’t hear anyone saying we’ve picked him we have to live with it.

7 minutes ago, Dessie said:

What’s the problem with bringing up Mack? We chose to trade him and it’s fair to imagine what he could be producing in this team. It’s no different than discussing a draft choice and questioning whether it was a good pick or not. I don’t hear anyone saying we’ve picked him we have to live with it.

What are we discussing though? That Mack is a great player? Pretty sure everybody would agree with that. That our D would be better with Mack right now? Obviously. Is it something we've learned in the 1st 2 games? No. We already knew it.

5 hours ago, Dessie said:

Let’s say the Raiders draft Clelin Ferrell then sign 

Sheldon Richardson, Tyrann Mathieu , Dante Fowler Jr and still have  first round pick next year is this trade still a bust? 

Yes we have mack of pass rush and mack is one of the top 3 rushers. Yes he would of made an impact considering our cbs and def coordinator are best he's had..

But.. even with him we had a bottom of barrel pass rush. He had like 10 of 20 sacks

I do not want to discuss Mack but I do have one image I can not get out of my head.  It is the Rams running a Jet Sweep at Key.  If Mack was still here Gurley would still be trying to recover from broken ribs.  It is going to hurt our D this year but hopefully we become stronger in the next 2 years.  Still think trading him was the correct decision.

20 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I think it's safe to say Gruden (let's be real...this was his trade) overestimated our DL after preseason. With Mack, we'd be sitting pretty. Unfortunately that is not the case so Guenther has to get creative. Tough spot to be in considering he probably worked very hard on schemes to get Mack one on ones all off-season. And all that prep got squandered and left him needing to adjust to a completely different situation right before the season. Wonder how he will change things up. Not an enviable position to be in.

Not to sure what really inspired that confidence other than Mack we didn't have anyone on our roster that has shown they can consistently produce getting after the QB.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not want to discuss Mack but I do have one image I can not get out of my head.  It is the Rams running a Jet Sweep at Key.  If Mack was still here Gurley would still be trying to recover from broken ribs.  It is going to hurt our D this year but hopefully we become stronger in the next 2 years.  Still think trading him was the correct decision.

We're going to have to hit on a HOF level player or two players that get us over the hump for the trade to be worth it.

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We're going to have to hit on a HOF level player or two players that get us over the hump for the trade to be worth it.

No, we need to win the super bowl. If we do and none of our players for the next 10 years end up making the HOF, that's perfectly fine.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

No, we need to win the super bowl. If we do and none of our players for the next 10 years end up making the HOF, that's perfectly fine.

This is the correct answer and mind set. Just difficult to stay logical when something like this happens with a beloved player. But yeah *if* we can land some really good players, then we'll be alright. Big if though.

Archived