2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

2 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Rumors floating around that are linking us to kaep. Not sure I believe them or not, but if they are true, we might as well go after Eric Reid as well. He’s probably more of an impactful player.

Would take Reid, but not Kaep. 

We just traded a 5th for McCarron and I don't think we should waste a roster spot on a 3rd QB. 

I wouldn't mind at least kicking the tires on Reid. At least work the guy out. As far as Keap no thank you. He wasn't very good before the 2 years off. And if we brought him in even as a backup there would be drama. Carr has another poor outing and then people will call for Keap. And besides that is he even a good fit for the system Gruden runs. I cam see him being good at RPO but as far as fast accurate throws especially from under center...I'm just not sure. Unless he can rush the passer in that case kick the tires.

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Has a Gruden feel to it, yes. Most likely, a Cowboy. I think he wants to play in Texas.

I'm not sure how much of a Gruden feel it has actually. Earl wasn't acting as a veteran leader these past years with the Seahawks and Gruden seems to value that veteran leadership super high. 

Also not sure whether we want to give top S money to a 30 year old S (I know Jon loves those old guys, but as I said he like "old" leaders).

For a prove it type deal if the market is not strong enough? Yes

For a long term deal? I can't really see it.

Archived