2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

18 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

They've also signed like 12 players already.

Jordy and Crabtree were basically just trading spots as were Smith-Olawale.  Melvin is cheaper than Smith.  Whitehead was 1-2 mil more than Patterson.  We still have 14-15 mil available.  So if we sign Suh that will be the last FA as all the other $ will go towards our rookie cap.  We would have to reign Mack with a smaller amount being given to him this year.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I wonder if Reggie lasts another year at this point. Pretty telling what Gruden thought of the roster with the amount of work they've done in FA. 

Reggie was drafting and signing players according to the needs of his staff. I don't think any of these signings are out of character for McKenzie. Remember ho much flack he took for signing veterans during his first couple years?

6 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Spotrac has us at 18M with 9 of our signings still not accounted for. So we have less than that.

https://overthecap.com/calculator/oakland-raiders/

Not that either are perfect, but this seems more up to date(outside of the Smith-Olawale moves).  Take 4-5 mil for our rookie pool and I would imagine we have 7-9 mil as of now.

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I wonder if Reggie lasts another year at this point. Pretty telling what Gruden thought of the roster with the amount of work they've done in FA. 

I can’t say I like many of Grudens moves any more than Reggie’s.  I don’t mind the Whitehead signing and like the Melvin signing, but nothing else stands out as exciting up to this point.  And we lost 2 playmakers on offense(and special teams) in Patterson, and to a lesser degree Olawale.   

I just hope our draft goes better than the last couple of years.

3 minutes ago, daineraider said:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/oakland-raiders/

Not that either are perfect, but this seems more up to date(outside of the Smith-Olawale moves).  Take 4-5 mil for our rookie pool and I would imagine we have 7-9 mil as of now.

Still only counting around 6 of the guys we've signed. Not anymore accurate.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Whitehead (6M/Y), Lee Smith, Wright, Carradine, Wilber are missing on overthecap.

Yeah, some of them are missing on both.  With sportrac showing $18 mil in cap space I tried to guess with the other moves.  We may have even less than what I put in $7-9 mil. 

Does anyone remember watching a Dolphins MNF game last year (or the year before) where Gruden was highly critical of Suh’s conditioning? I seem to remember Suh sucking wind in the fourth quarter of that game and taking himself out, which lead to the Gruden criticism. It wasn’t our game verses them, but a different one. 

Archived