2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Nah a lot of those guys won't get franchised. There's a sweet spot. Guys like Tate, Clinton Dix, Verrett, Coleman, etc. who will be available.

Agreed. But the guys left like you listed will be overpaid above average players. Just like any year.

3 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Lawrence, Ford, and Collins are about the only ones i see getting a franchise tag.

And maybe Clowney, maybe Barr, maybe Mosley on top of that. Not the point really.

Just listing someone like TJ Yeldon says it all. JAG. Ansah can't stay healthy, Clowney either. Thomas is 30. No way Collins is set free. Point being once you poke the holes in the list that are there, it's the same pile as any year. 

None of this is crucial. If you can't hit in the draft after round 1 you can't beat the teams that do. That's the only place to accumulate free extra talent. Every other team knows who the first rounders are and by and large what the free agent class offers. Maybe you can win here and there, but going from bottom dweller to contender is all about the meaty rounds of the draft. That is where the Pats recharge, where the Chiefs were built from. As long as Oakland tanks the middle rounds they'll be a trash team.

Raiders need to sign a CB, maybe 2. Denard who has familiarity with Guenther's system. Darby or Roby should be available as well. 

Add WR John Brown (who I lobbied for this offseason). Pay him more than the Ravens are willing. He's the speed dynamo the offense needs.

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Raiders need to sign a CB, maybe 2. Denard who has familiarity with Guenther's system. Darby or Roby should be available as well. 

Add WR John Brown (who I lobbied for this offseason). Pay him more than the Ravens are willing. He's the speed dynamo the offense needs.

Roby has been absolutely brutal this year no ?. Darby and Dennard not bad options 

Archived