Surprise Top 12 Pick?

TakeTheBallDeep

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I have an idea.

Let me list about 20 guys considered to be 1st round picks and then brag about my shotgun approach when one of them hits.

I figured I'd get together a list of people that would inevitebly mentioned five pages into this thread so that someone like you could read it instead of actually posting a person they think would go top 12.

Why did the Texans just host a private workout with Lamar Jackson ? They don't need a QB and they don't have any picks in the first two rounds

Is this just Bill O'Brien doing his old buddy BB a favor ? Are the Pats moving up for Lamar Jackson, but don't want to tip their hand ? Pats 1st and 2nd put them in range to draft Jackson and groom him for 1-2 years. What's the real deal on this workout ?

It would be a surprise pick, not because of the player taken, but because of the team that took him

21 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Taven Bryan would be my surprise Top 12 him or maybe Da'Ron Payne I dunno where he is projected 

Payne could easily go in the top 12 and not many people would bat an eye. I don't personally think he's worth going that high, but I wouldn't call it a surprise.

Taven Bryan would be a huge surprise, but I could see a team pulling that trigger. If Tyson Alualu can go as high as he did, so can Taven Bryan. I personally don't like Bryan and think he's going to struggle to shed blockers and be a consistent force in the run and pass game, but who knows? Teams will gamble on his potential, but I have him firmly behind Vea and Payne. Hell, I have him behind RJ McIntosh too. I wouldn't take Bryan in the 1st round, but I'm aware I'm significantly lower on him than most.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Arden Key - 2016 was the best pass rusher in college football 

Not really though.

Harold Landry, Derek Barnett, and Ejuan Price were all more masterful of getting after the QB than Key was. Not taking away the season Key had in '16, but the three dudes I listed were even more nightmarish that season.

Nobody is going to gamble on Arden Key in the top 12 with his alleged off-field issues IMO. That'd be a big-time gamble for someone. Too gamble-y for me.

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

I'll give you 3

Lamar Jackson - Makes sense for Arizona to trade up 

Lorenzo Carter - Athletic freak 

Arden Key - 2016 was the best pass rusher in college football 

Key would certainly be a surprise for me. I think it's far more likely he goes in round three than he does round 1, let alone top 12

Archived