Surprise Top 12 Pick?

TakeTheBallDeep

I'll be more surprised if Harold Landry-Edge DOESN'T go in the top 12 picks... His 2017 wasn't elite like his 2016, but he was still on pace sack wise before the injury (and re-injury that shut him down), and then he also dominated the combine. Pass rushers with a history of elite productivity and pretty damn good combines always go early...  I think he's a sleeper for my Chicago Bears at 8 even, given the fairly extreme positional need.

Vita Vea-DL is another guy people are projecting about 5 picks further back than I think he goes right now, but I don't think anyone would be particularly surprised if he squeezed into the top 12....

Mike McGlinchey-OT however, as a few people have said already would probably be the answer I'd roll with.... His name is seemingly lost in the  mid-late first round (or even occasionally early 2nd round) discussion right now for most draft boards, but offensive tackle is a premium position that he graded out very well at (and though it's hardly a perfect system I've found PFF to at least be pretty solid when talking about Offensive Line prospects)...

On 3/23/2018 at 3:22 AM, Deekster37 said:

Wouldn't be dumb for the browns to look at 4! I personally think he's a 10 to 15 year bookend OT  

If the Browns took an average RT prospect at #4 in this draft, I think I'd go on a rampage. What makes you think McGlinchey can play LT? He got murked with speed rushers throughout his career at ND. I wouldn't honestly take him at the top of the 2nd round if I were the Browns. McGlinchey isn't that good and he especially can't play LT.

51 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

CBSSports loves him for some reason. Got him 10 overall on their big board. 

Yeah, they do have a really weird affinity for him. For a large chunk of the season, he was actually number one on their board. I mentioned this in the 49er forum a few months back (before the Jimmy G trade) when we thought we would still be looking at a quarterback. 

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

CBSSports loves him for some reason. Got him 10 overall on their big board. 

That's because Chris Trapasso can't evaluate QB's to save his life. He spent the entire off-season of 2016 trying to tell Bills fans EJ Manuel was better then Tyrod. Then last season I believe he had Kizer to the Bills at pick 10 for most of his mock drafts. 

Can we do this the other way, as in surprise prospects who fall outside of the top 12?  Last year it was Lattimore and OJ Howard, who's it gonna be this year?  My money's on Tremaine Edmunds and Minkah Fitzpatrick with a possible Quenton Nelson fall as well. 

14 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Can we do this the other way, as in surprise prospects who fall outside of the top 12?  Last year it was Lattimore and OJ Howard, who's it gonna be this year?  My money's on Tremaine Edmunds and Minkah Fitzpatrick with a possible Quenton Nelson fall as well. 

Could definitely see Tremaine and Minkah falling out. But too many teams could use OL help and Nelson is the best player I've ever evaluated. He won't fall out of the top 12 IMO.

15 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I can't see Edmunds or Nelson. Too many teams need o-line help and Nelson is a special prospect. Edmunds I'd be surprised about, just because Chicago, 49ers, Raiders and Miami could all make a ton of sense, but I suppose it depends on what happens there at the bottom of the top 10. 

Minkah could easily fall out of the top 10 in my opinion, and I think Derwin doesn't go until the teens. Roquan , if you consider him a likely a top 12 pick is the guy I'd probably bank on. Off the ball linebackers aren't high on the positional value chart, Tony Pauline (FWIW) said that some teams red flagged his medical, and I don't think it would be completely out of the questions that some teams that could use him, may like a guy like Evans or LVE more and end up taking one of them instead. 

Archived