New football league, the AAF, debuts next year

navysaintsfan

5 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

"Polian said that eliminating one of the most dangerous parts of football – kickoffs -- was paramount to those involved in creating the AAF. There will be no kickoffs as teams will start on the 25-yard line after a score and at the start of each half.

Since there are no kickoffs, however, that means no onside kicks, but Polian said he found a solution: The team that scored a touchdown gets the ball on its 35 in a 4th-and-10 situation."

That...is interesting.

love it!!

12 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

So no kickers. There has to be a way to eliminate punters too right?

Don't they still have field goals? Anyway, if you really wanted to punters or kickers, the way to do it is:

- No kickoffs, which they've already done.

- No PAT, although personally I prefer the idea of allowing the scoring team an automatic point or the right to gamble it to try for 2.

- No field goals

- On 4th down, you have two options. You can either go for it on 4th down, or voluntarily give up possession but be awarded 45 yards of field position 

13 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Are they allowing punting ? 

I would assume so. This isn't the first time I've heard this idea but I think it sounds pretty good. Skip to about 14 minutes for an explanation of how it would work, although here it's 4th and 15 at your own 30 instead of 4th and 10 at your 35. 

I wonder if the players contracts would be all guaranteed like the NBA and baseball is.And how they would recruit they players coming out of college ,would they have to have two of college or more or would they have to have any college ball experience at all very interesting 

1 hour ago, ianlewis16 said:

NFL Europe was a super cool idea but about 20 years ahead of its time. Bring that mutha back. 

I think having an all-north America feeder league is a pretty decent idea. Have a few Mexican teams and maybe a Canadian team if the market is there along with US teams in smaller markets. 

There are avenues for a feeder league to do very very well. The XFL if it even happens isn't gonna be it lol but this could be if done right.

Archived