Suh Watch

titans0021

Ah well. That was anti-climatic.
Would have been a very good addition, but it doesn't break our D-line. Still can add a piece in FA or in the draft.  Nothing is really "needed" but would be great. Need a guy that can really get after the QB from the DT position. That'd be nice to me. 

23 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I feel like I'm the only one who would have liked to have signed him, but didn't feel like he was going to make a big difference and was never caught up in it.

Yeah. I didn't feel like it was a "chase". Manning felt like a chance. We were all in. Even offering rumored stakes in ownership. Lol 

Suh was " oh he out there and there is some interest? Cool let's see if we can work something out."

I don't think he would have transformed our defense. He would have really elevated it though. 

I really like Austin Johnson. I'm excited to see where he goes this season. 

The deal makes sense. He gets a year to play with one of the best players in the game, a DC who runs a scheme that interior lineman are productive in, and a chance to cash in next year after a huge season. For him, the best case scenario is an All-Pro year and a super bowl ring leading into another free agency frenzy in which he can get one last massive payday for his career. 

Kings source is what really assured we went getting him. All it said was we had an offer on the table, it never said we were actually negotiating so that pretty much told us where things stood.

Suh would of been nice it would have probably gotten the Titans some more exposure as far as media and Prime Time games but back to the 1:00 games all year with the 1 Thur and 1 MNF game

58 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

It wasn't a matter of outbid. He wanted to go there.

Yeah, I take solace in that. If he accepted that deal from LA, I don’t think we were going to get him. And the only way I wanted him is if he was really sold on us. I know he’s still playing at a high level but I don’t trust him to age well in the nfl. I was not excited about a long term deal. 

Archived