Suh Watch

titans0021

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I still can’t get over the idea that the Rams are trying to make Aaron Donald their third highest paid defensive linemen.

It would be funny if they were to sign Suh and Donald decides to holdout again for the majority of the season.

I just think we have the real edge over LA (and other teams) money-wise.  We have more flexibility with our cap space than the other teams.  We can offer more guaranteed money and still have room to take care of our own come next season.  The Rams can't really say that. 

If we end up missing out on Suh for whatever reason, it won't break us because he wasn't our original plan to begin with.  Just a last minute development, but man it would be OH SO SWEET if we could pair him with Casey.  That would give us a lot of wiggle room in the draft.

48 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

I just think we have the real edge over LA (and other teams) money-wise.  We have more flexibility with our cap space than the other teams.  We can offer more guaranteed money and still have room to take care of our own come next season.  The Rams can't really say that. 

If we end up missing out on Suh for whatever reason, it won't break us because he wasn't our original plan to begin with.  Just a last minute development, but man it would be OH SO SWEET if we could pair him with Casey.  That would give us a lot of wiggle room in the draft.

Looking past this year, we have about 110M committed to the cap next season. The Rams only have 80M committed. While we can cut some players to create more room, so can every other team. Also, while Donald isn't on the Rams' books next season, neither are Lewan nor Mariota on ours. 

Thats not to say we're not in good shape, cap wise. I'm just saying the Rams may be in better cap health than us past this year (and even this year, they're pretty good even if they have less cap room than us)...

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Looking past this year, we have about 110M committed to the cap next season. The Rams only have 80M committed. While we can cut some players to create more room, so can every other team. Also, while Donald isn't on the Rams' books next season, neither are Lewan nor Mariota on ours. 

Thats not to say we're not in good shape, cap wise. I'm just saying the Rams may be in better cap health than us past this year (and even this year, they're pretty good even if they have less cap room than us)...

Well that sucks major a$$.  But I keep thinking we could front load his guaranteed money THIS year to make room for next season.  Between the signing bonus and base salary, we could cover the majority of it.

One thing that has kinda irked me is how people are talking about LA being closer to his hometown of Portland and that playing a factor. Take a look at this.. 

If he chooses the Rams, I don't think the hometown stuff plays a part.

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

One thing that has kinda irked me is how people are talking about LA being closer to his hometown of Portland and that playing a factor. Take a look at this.. 

If he chooses the Rams, I don't think the hometown stuff plays a part.

There is no hometown thing. 
If hometown was a thing, he'd find a way to squeeze into Seattle.  

They are all obviously talking money. So, we shall see. Maybe he really wants to go to LA and wants them to put together something reasonable as far as a contract. If they can't I think the Titans are next up. 

Archived