Suh Watch

titans0021

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Lol. Can’t believe people thought he wasn’t looking for the highest bidder.

Lol, Leave it to the Jets to drive up the cost and screw it up.  

I hope he goes to the Jets. lol Go head. :) 

Like I said before, I don't even care anymore. Just make a decision and move on. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Lol, Leave it to the Jets to drive up the cost and screw it up.  

I hope he goes to the Jets. lol Go head. :) 

Like I said before, I don't even care anymore. Just make a decision and move on. 

Yeah, if he doesn’t come here, I hope he chooses the Jets. Though that’ll really make his mouthpiece look bad.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, if he doesn’t come here, I hope he chooses the Jets. Though that’ll really make his mouthpiece look bad.

Yep, if he goes to the Jets, it's all about money.   Jets are improving and they were very competitive last year. But they have no QB of note, very few offensive weapons. They've taken a slight step back defensively and are at best looking for a wild card spot next year.

They won't over take the Patriots. The Bills are looking like they might improve. So they are going to be maybe 3rd in the AFC east?

Picking them over the Rams who had the #1 offense and very good defense, over the Saints who were one miracle play from the NFC championship.....Titans (we know who we are).........picking the jets over those teams say its all about money. 

I ain't worried about it. J-Rob will weed through the bs like usual and either get him at a price he's comfortable with or let him walk at an overpriced evaluation that will hurt the team more than help. I'm pretty annoyed with it at this point too like most of you but ehh whatever

29 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I ain't worried about it. J-Rob will weed through the bs like usual and either get him at a price he's comfortable with or let him walk at an overpriced evaluation that will hurt the team more than help. I'm pretty annoyed with it at this point too like most of you but ehh whatever

My concern from the get go would be, which Suh are we getting? I want the dominating Suh. If he just looking for the biggest check and we get an inconsistent or invisible Suh, then whatever.

I hear he was still pretty good in Miami (if you listen to the pundits) but he wasn't that head turning, play maker Suh like he was early in Detroit.  I don't want any questions with him. We are right on the edge of building something great and don't need him messing anything up with alternative motives.

All this could be just kneejerk overreaction. It could all just be him trying to get a few more millions guaranteed.  Either way...eh..

But I'm not going to fault him for trying to get as much as he can. 
To me this doesn't feel like Manning watch. Manning changed a franchise around.  Suh will just be...."Oh ok cool. That's going to make us better."

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

My concern from the get go would be, which Suh are we getting? I want the dominating Suh. If he just looking for the biggest check and we get an inconsistent or invisible Suh, then whatever.

I hear he was still pretty good in Miami (if you listen to the pundits) but he wasn't that head turning, play maker Suh like he was early in Detroit.  I don't want any questions with him. We are right on the edge of building something great and don't need him messing anything up with alternative motives.

All this could be just kneejerk overreaction. It could all just be him trying to get a few more millions guaranteed.  Either way...eh..

To me this doesn't feel like Manning watch. Manning changed a franchise around.  Suh will just be...."Oh ok cool. That's going to make us better."

That's the only type he's been even after signing his mega deal with Miami. Speak to the Miami fans. Most of them acknowledge he's been their best defender, and has seen more double teams than anyone else they've ever seen. And he still found a way to make plays.

Suh is going to chase the cash. But he backs it up with his talent and play. Could he be going 90% instead of a full 100%? Possibly. But his 90% is better than most people's 100%. Also on a snaps-per-season basis, he's consistently on the field far more than other top notch defensive linemen like Geno Atkins or JJ Watt over the past few seasons.

Effort concerns me not. Just a question of whether we give him enough money that he sees fit to sign with us. If we do, great. If not, stinks but not the end of the world.

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Take my word for it Suh in Miami was the same Suh in Detroit, the difference is 2 different systems. It’s like Richard Seymoure when he played in NE then went to the raiders, in NE SeYmore didn’t get a lot of sacks playing a 5tech DE but was disruptive, get to Raiders 3 Tech DT in a 4-3 defense getting sacks. In Miami Suh rarely gets off the field he leads the league in snaps played for DL, in Miami he’s doubled every snap, & plays next to a none threat at DT next to him. In Detroit Suh played in Tampa 2 gap princple wide 9 Defensive front, the same defense jim Schwartz his coach ran in TN with Haynesworth. In Det Suh also played next to a stud pass rusher DT name Nick Fairley, you had to pick your poison who to single up & also was rotated & kept fresh on the field. You can’t compare his success in Det VS Miami Without looking at the facts. He’s still graded as in top 10 far as pressures concern & TFL. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

From what I could gather from Dolphins fans on here, he wasn't that "dominant" version of himself we were use to seeing in Detroit due to scheme. They had him eating up double and triple teams in Miami, and I believe it was someone on here who posted it, but if my memory serves me correctly he played something like 5-10% more snaps than the other top defensive linemen in the league so even some of the plays it may have looked like he took off it would be kinda hard to blame him for.

He got a mega deal in Miami and still performed at an elite level (according to Dolphins fans) so I don't think he'll go Haynesworth on us

I'm going to repost my post regarding Suh and the concerns about his effort.

One more thing regarding Suh. I've seen some (not many on here)question his effort and compare him to Haynesworth.

I just want to point out that he played a high number of snaps for a DT. His snap count percentage the past 3 years have been 85.24%, 84.4%, and 83.3%. Compare that to Casey (78.4%/66.4%/79.6%) and some of the other top DT (Aaron Donold-79.1%/76.1%/73.6%, Fletcher Cox-80.1%/75.6%/58.9%, Geno Atkins-72 4%/71.7%/65.8%), and you see just how many more snaps Suh has played.

When you play that many snaps/plays, there's bound to be plays where you're not going to appear to be going "all out". My point being it's unfair imo to Suh to compare him to guys who've checked out after big paydays like Fat Al or to question in effort without knowing a little bit of the background.

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

That's the only type he's been even after signing his mega deal with Miami. Speak to the Miami fans. Most of them acknowledge he's been their best defender, and has seen more double teams than anyone else they've ever seen. And he still found a way to make plays.

Suh is going to chase the cash. But he backs it up with his talent and play. Could he be going 90% instead of a full 100%? Possibly. But his 90% is better than most people's 100%. Also on a snaps-per-season basis, he's consistently on the field far more than other top notch defensive linemen like Geno Atkins or JJ Watt over the past few seasons.

Effort concerns me not. Just a question of whether we give him enough money that he sees fit to sign with us. If we do, great. If not, stinks but not the end of the world.

This... people saying Suh was invisible in Miami are literally only looking at sack stats. Period. 

2 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

This... people saying Suh was invisible in Miami are literally only looking at sack stats. Period. 

Exactly people that don’t know football quote Bill Belichick It goes over a lot of people heads how dominant Richard Seymoure was to us winning those early championships my opinion he’s a HOF  though he doesn’t have the sack #s because of our system 

Archived