Zay Jones Arrested

Hootlander1

Such a crazy story. And this comes from the person I least expect. It has to be drug related. May have taken something and had a bad trip or may have been slipped something. Also read that his father side may have a history of mental issues. Who knows... I'm just glad that his brother was there to save him from jumping out of a 30 story window.

Jesus. Just saw the video and some of the other stuff going around the internet regarding Zay. I'm hoping (and guessing) that it was drug related. If it is I won't be too harsh on the kid for being young and making mistakes because I've certainly made my fair share. From a football perspective though it's not what you want to see from your young player who really struggled last season.

Obviously if this is a mental issue none of the football issues matter and hopefully Zay can get the help he needs. I'll just wait for more details to come out. 

11 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Jesus. Just saw the video and some of the other stuff going around the internet regarding Zay. I'm hoping (and guessing) that it was drug related. If it is I won't be too harsh on the kid for being young and making mistakes because I've certainly made my fair share. From a football perspective though it's not what you want to see from your young player who really struggled last season.

Obviously if this is a mental issue none of the football issues matter and hopefully Zay can get the help he needs. I'll just wait for more details to come out. 

Bills were one of the team interested in Hurns. And this incident apparently happened last night. So it appears that Bills knew about this situation all day which gave us interest in Hurns

Crazy that this has been kept under wraps for almost 24 hours

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Bills were one of the team interested in Hurns. And this incident apparently happened last night. So it appears that Bills knew about this situation all day which gave us interest in Hurns

Crazy that this has been kept under wraps for almost 24 hours

Yeah definitely. We'll see how everything shakes out, our WR was bad before and it's likely that Zay is either suspended or away from football for a while due to health issues so we'll need to figure something out. I could it being very possible that Zay will be out of football in the near future depending on how the situation plays out.

Praying for him :( He's such a good dude from what we can see from twitter and his interactions in media overall.

Hope he gets the help he needs. I trust McDermott more than any other coach in recent memory to assist him if he can.

He was released this morning... Has to be drugs. He passed a mental evaluation. 

Luckily I think Zay would just pay for the damages and get the charges dropped. 

I really hope it's something not major and he had something laced or had something slipped into his drink or something of that nature.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

He was released this morning... Has to be drugs. He passed a mental evaluation. 

Luckily I think Zay would just pay for the damages and get the charges dropped. 

I really hope it's something not major and he had something laced or had something slipped into his drink or something of that nature.

If it wasn’t his fault, such as someone spiking his drink the person that did that needs to be put away for a long long time.

If it was self inflicted, such as him choosing to take the drug, then he needs to be suspended for a while, and maybe even released. I understand he’s young and young people do stupid things like take drugs, but something has to be done to show him that actions like this won’t be accepted. ( When i say actions i mean drug use not what he did because of the drugs)

48 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

If it wasn’t his fault, such as someone spiking his drink the person that did that needs to be put away for a long long time.

If it was self inflicted, such as him choosing to take the drug, then he needs to be suspended for a while, and maybe even released. I understand he’s young and young people do stupid things like take drugs, but something has to be done to show him that actions like this won’t be accepted. ( When i say actions i mean drug use not what he did because of the drugs)

He will get a 2-4 game suspension if it was a laced drug but no way do you cut him financially does more harm then go for the bills 1.5 cap hit this year 3.1 mil dead cap if cut. He is still young and if you did something stupid on your off hours do you deserve to lose your job? Think about how many people who get a felony conviction based on a DUI do those people deserve to lose their jobs? You cant just cut someone for a mistake, drugs, alcohol etc. The guy needs to get help whether it was a one time use or multiple but completely cutting him is just dumb. Look at Josh Gordon so many people on here wanted to trade for him but hes a known pothead so why does he deserve to have people wanting him but a player on the bills should be quickly cut after one incident?

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yeah no way if anything him getting cut would be even more dangerous. If he's at the point where he's taking **** that gives him a bad trip like this he needs structure and consistency in his life not to be 22 and out of a job.

But is that the team’s responsibility though? Not saying i disagree with you, but it also isn’t the team’s fault he took drugs, why would you want someone representing your franchise and community that does things like this? 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

But is that the team’s responsibility though? Not saying i disagree with you, but it also isn’t the team’s fault he took drugs, why would you want someone representing your franchise and community that does things like this? 

It's definitely not and this is a business. A player coming of a poor rookie season and then this is definitely a candidate to be cut. I hope the Bills don't and I still believe Zay could come good and he could definitely use the support. We'll see how everything plays out. Zay seems like a good dude and I would imagine McDermott will probably bet on him but you never know. 

43 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

It's definitely not and this is a business. A player coming of a poor rookie season and then this is definitely a candidate to be cut. I hope the Bills don't and I still believe Zay could come good and he could definitely use the support. We'll see how everything plays out. Zay seems like a good dude and I would imagine McDermott will probably bet on him but you never know. 

It’s tough because i feel for the kid. We’ve all done stupid stuff. (Maybe not this bad) but it’s hard to put a franchise in the position where you could easily see him going off the deep end if he is released. 

15 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

It’s tough because i feel for the kid. We’ve all done stupid stuff. (Maybe not this bad) but it’s hard to put a franchise in the position where you could easily see him going off the deep end if he is released. 

Definitely. I've made my fair of mistakes and I'm not even that young anymore haha. I think the Bills need to have a talk with him and hopefully his police report provides some insight into the nature of the problem. Zay legit seems like a good kid and this doesn't strike me as something that he's usually involved in although the fact his brother was there is pretty odd if that is the case. I hope this is just him trying to relieve some stress from a rough rookie season and not a sign of something else and I mean that more in terms of his personal life than the Bills roster.

Archived