Antonio Garcia Cleared to return to Football

Deadpulse

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2018/03/patriots_tackle_tony_garcia_says_he_is_cleared_to_play_again

Patriots tackle Tony Garcia wrote Tuesday on Instagram that he was “cleared to play again.”

Garcia missed his rookie season due to blood clots in his lungs and dropped about 40 pounds

I'll believe it when I see him on the field in TC, especially with that second little blurb quoted. If true, it'd be a very welcome addition as someone originally touted to have a high upside. 

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots/the_blitz/2018/03/patriots_tackle_tony_garcia_says_he_is_cleared_to_play_again

I'll believe it when I see him on the field in TC, especially with that second little blurb quoted. If true, it'd be a very welcome addition as someone originally touted to have a high upside. 

Very encouraging to thinknhe is healthy, cleared, and lost what I consider a lot of weight. The added nimbleness will go a long way foe Garcia.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Very encouraging to thinknhe is healthy, cleared, and lost what I consider a lot of weight. The added nimbleness will go a long way foe Garcia.

he was too light already to play OL in the NFL, another 40 pounds lost is extremely bad. His last listed weight was 291 putting him now at 251. Most NFL tackles play at AT LEAST 300lbs

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

he was too light already to play OL in the NFL, another 40 pounds lost is extremely bad. His last listed weight was 291 putting him now at 251. Most NFL tackles play at AT LEAST 300lbs

I want my tackle to play at 200 if he can. ?

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Garcia was listed at 302 at the combine. Tyron Smith weighed in at 307. Taylor Lewan at 309. Jake Fisher at 306. Terron Armstead at 306. Lane Johnson at 303. Joe Staley at 306. Alejandro Villanueva played well under 300 before gaining the weight (to 320-340) in one offseason. Garcia isn’t the prospect of these players obviously, but a 302 weigh in isn’t that big of a deal. 

He also played around 280-290 which is obviously not going to work in the NFL, but at the very least it means that the Patriots watched him play underweight and were aware of it. 

Id also highlight that the -40lb weight loss measurement was determined in January, so it’s possible he’s gained since then. Also could’ve lost even more weight, but there’s at least cause for speculated optimism. Some current and former NFL linemen have talked about massive weight gain/weight maintenance, so I’m not worried about that. I think the bigger concern is that he hasn’t practiced or remained active since he’s been drafted so the presumed year of development is nonexistent. 

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, TomRalph said:

He'll be suspended for the first 4 games of the season with weight gain like that...xD

Don’t even joke...

30ish pounds in 3 months probably isn’t all that out of the equation for a guy who is used to being at that weight. I’m sure being 6’8 helps too, ha.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:01 AM, Yin-Yang said:

Don’t even joke...

30ish pounds in 3 months probably isn’t all that out of the equation for a guy who is used to being at that weight. I’m sure being 6’8 helps too, ha.

6'8" 250 heck he shouldve kept the weight off and moved over to TE

Archived