Catch rule changed

warfelg

There is a line in the article that stood out to me:

"And we'll go back to the old replay standard of reverse the call on the field only when it's indisputable."

Are you kidding me!  when was it not suppose to be indisputable??

11 hours ago, jebrick said:

There is a line in the article that stood out to me:

"And we'll go back to the old replay standard of reverse the call on the field only when it's indisputable."

Are you kidding me!  when was it not suppose to be indisputable??

This. They've not only had that in the books since instant replay came in, but on multiple occasions they've said they were going to emphasize the standard of evidence. They were supposed to be doing last year.

19 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Glad to hear. The gray area for catches was ruining the game.  Hopefully the new rule makes sense to the fans and allows the refs to call a fair and consistent game.  

It really really sounds like they want to simplify it.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

It really really sounds like they want to simplify it.

It's long overdue.  I guess if enough people are up in arms about it, something finally changes.

The one and only time I ever sent an email to Roger Goodell was after that Dez Bryant catch.  I hate the Cowboys, but it was obviously a catch and a miscarriage of justice.  Glad that it is FINALLY fixed.  

3 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

It's long overdue.  I guess if enough people are up in arms about it, something finally changes.

The one and only time I ever sent an email to Roger Goodell was after that Dez Bryant catch.  I hate the Cowboys, but it was obviously a catch and a miscarriage of justice.  Glad that it is FINALLY fixed.  

That one and the Calvin Johnson play.

Although another site I'm on there's actually people in it arguing that the rule as written is perfectly fine.  It's the only place people are saying that.  Even Mike Pereira and Dean Blandino are saying "about time".

Archived