Valhalla Fantasy Football, Season 3

Heimdallr

20 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Cool, that is 14 teams. 

Does anyone have any rules preferences? The last two years we have done pretty standard scoring with 0.5 PPR. 

Personally, I'd go 6-point passing TD over 4 points, but I'm fine either way. Half-point Per is a nice compromise between standard and PPR, so I like that.

8 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Personally, I'd go 6-point passing TD over 4 points, but I'm fine either way. Half-point Per is a nice compromise between standard and PPR, so I like that.

One problem with that is then the QBs put up so many more points than other positions. I kind of like to have all the position groups pretty balanced, so teams that don't have a top-5 QB can still compete

35 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

One problem with that is then the QBs put up so many more points than other positions. I kind of like to have all the position groups pretty balanced, so teams that don't have a top-5 QB can still compete

That gap will be there, no matter if you use 4-point or 6-point.

Just using one of my leagues as an example, the top four QBs averaged 25 to 29 points per week. There's a gap after that, as No. 5 QB was at 22.7, but a lot of depth as going all the way down to No. 22 was still 17.7. I know there's a gap from No. 1 to that, but a five-point gap between No. 5 and No. 22 isn't that much.

What I personally don't like is giving the extra boost to running QBs who score touchdowns on the ground. I think a passing TD should carry more value than a rushing TD from a QB. Otherwise, you're saying Tyrod Taylor carries more value than Russell Wilson because he had one more total TD, when in fact he threw four fewer passing TDs than Russell.

Archived