33 members have voted

1. 1. Rate This Mock!

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • Awful

26. Atlanta Falcons- WR D.J. Moore, Maryland

The Falcons do not need a number one receiver with Julio Jones there but with the departure of Taylor Gabriel there is a big hole at wide out for the Falcons.  Moore has similar skills to Gabriel in the after the catch department with the ability to make defenders miss.  Moore does not project as a number one receiver but he has the potential to be an extremely effective as a number two on the high-powered Falcons offense.

While yes, the Falcons do need a slot receiver to replace Taylor Gabriel. I doubt they take one in the first round. Honestly, the best fit for the Falcons on the DL in this entire draft is Taven Bryan. I'd be shocked if the Falcons passed him up if he's available like he is here.

Hate the Steelers pick, but many Steeler fans will like it.

The Bills draft doesnt make sense either.      They obviously traded Glenn to move up in an effort to draft a QB.    They didnt sign McCarron to be a long term starter, I promise you.    THEN, they have what is IMO the best QB in the draft fall, only to let their division rivals grab him?   

If Rosen falls to 7, no way someone doesnt trade up for him....and it will probably be the Bills.   They might even trade up higher if the Browns are willing to trade down for the Bills two first rounders.

22 hours ago, Crickett said:

He probably originally had it as Mike Hughes and switched it to Jackson without updating the explanation. 

Yeah, I figured it was something like that.  I just thought it was kinda funny.  That, and I wanted to write "who's Hughes."

26. Atlanta Falcons- WR D.J. Moore, Maryland

The Falcons do not need a number one receiver with Julio Jones there but with the departure of Taylor Gabriel there is a big hole at wide out for the Falcons.  Moore has similar skills to Gabriel in the after the catch department with the ability to make defenders miss.  Moore does not project as a number one receiver but he has the potential to be an extremely effective as a number two on the high-powered Falcons offense.

Moore is a very solid player no doubt but he wouldn't even be our #2 WR as we have one of the best #2 WR's in the league in Mohammad Sanu playing for us so Moore would be spending time with Justin Hardy in the #3/#4 territory as good slot guys.   That my friend is not worthy of a 1st round pick when you got maybe the best #1 in the league along with Brown and one of the best #2 in the league to go along with him in Sanu.     In the 3rd or 4th round or so i can for sure seeing a talented WR come off the board to slide in there at Slot WR if we don't look at one in FA.

As for the 1st round pick we only have 1 DT on the entire roster in Grady Jarrett meaning we have to find 3 DT's still this offseason and i would imagine 2 of them shoudl come in the draft one being a DE/DT in the form of a Bennett or Clayborne type of player and 1 being a NT type in the form of a Poe a athletic big guy. 

Taven Bryan and Maurice Hurst would be good Bennett types for us in round 1 if the drop there and   Vea + Payne would be a Poe type if they fall.   If we go Taven Bryan in round 1 which is an amazing value and fit for us  then 2 guys like B.J. Hill and Tim Settle would be great round 2 or 3 options.     As would looking at some TE's in rounds 2 through 4.  

Archived