lions signed TE Luke Wilson

flyguy1609

Solid player, his snaps and stats will likely see a decent bump with the Lions. They need to replace over 1200 snaps between losing Ebron and Fells, Willson had just under 400 snaps on offense last year. If you take him off of special teams and put those snaps on offense he could be on the field for roughly 500-600 plays on offense. Great athlete for a tight end, he should complement Michael Roberts pretty well. It will be interesting to see how they add a 3rd tight end. My guess is they probably go after someone like Ian Thomas or Tyler Conklin in the 4th or 5th round.

34 minutes ago, ManeLine said:

I think Willson still has some untapped potential, but I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking. Still, he's a solid player to have at a more than fair deal. 

He's a solid receiving TE. His numbers are low because he played with Russell Wilson. Just look at the bump in Golden Tate's numbers since signing here. Tate welcomed him to the team before news broken that he signed. I'm sure Golden Tate was a factor in the signing. 

I'm not expecting top TE numbers, but I really like the player, especially for the money. I'm not high on Michael Roberts. I'd rather sign another vet TE and draft a TE to groom moving forward. But we don't have to do it all now. We have enough receivers for Stafford that he'll share the ball. 

QB- Stafford/Rudock

RB- Abdullah/Blount/Riddick/Zenner/Green

TE- Willson/????????/Roberts

WR- Jones/Tate/Golladay/Jones?/?????????

1 minute ago, Rockcity2 said:

I was hoping for more a blocking te. I mean if you wanna help out this run game at all..

We just gonna draft a rb and bam it's fixed..

We need both a blocking and receiving TE. Willson is a receiving TE. We still have money to sign a blocker. 

Wilson is a nice veteran signing. I would still like to see the team add a veteran, though. I could see Roberts being solid long-term, but we still don't have an experienced blocking TE. Wilson graded out similarly or worse than guys like Ebron and Graham last year, I believe. 

Wilson can block! That was his main usage in Seattle. He was also used at FB occasionally.

I think he will surprise everyone. He was buried on the depth chart in Seattle. 

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/1/11/14222244/luke-willson-lions-seahawks-film-breakdown-wild-card-weekend-falcons

He's a great addition to improve the run game plus he can catch a ? 

Archived