lions signed TE Luke Wilson

flyguy1609

Another 1 yr deal for cheap. Only 1 of the contracts given out by the Lions this offseason thus far has them tied long term (more than 2 years) to a player and that was LB Devon Kennard for 3 years. 

New Players-

LB Devon Kennard- 3 yrs $13.5 million ($8.5 million guaranteed)

LB Christian Jones- 2 yr $7.75 million

CB DeShawn Shead- 1 yr $3.35 million

RB LeGarrette Blount- 1 yr $2 million

TE Luke Willson- 1 yr $2.5 million

OG Kenny Wiggins- 2 yrs $5 million

Returning players-

SS Tavon Wilson- 2 yrs $7 million

CB Nevin Lawson- 2 yrs $9.2 million

LS Don Muhlbach- 1 yr $1.015 million

LB Nick Bellore- 1 yr $915,000 <--- estimated by a few sites, no specific details given.

DE Kerry Hyder- 1 yr $680,000

QB Jake Ruddock- 2 yr $990,000

RB Zack Zenner-  1 yr $925,000

53 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I know needs on the Dline but is it fool to think about a TE the second day ? 1- A good class with quality depth 2- A great passer under center 3- A new coach who saw what an efficient pass catching TE can bring to an offense.

Second day? No. I expect the Lions to target DL, RB, OL and TE in this draft. I don't see them using a 1st on a TE, but anywhere else is fair game, IMO. I could definitely see someone like Jaylen Samuels being a 3rd round pick for the Lions. He could play TE, RB, WR... that versatility is something Bob Quinn and Jim Bob Cooter would covet. 

I’m also confused. Luke is a good player and an even better teammate. This is nothing for a guy who can block, make big catches, and serve as an upper echelon TE2, all while being a great presence in the lockerroom. 

We appear to be dead-set on letting guys walk to recoup premium value on compensatory picks. 

Lions fans, you will love Luke as a person. Very funny dude. 

19 hours ago, the lone star said:

Looks like Seahawks might draft another TE this year. Wilson was always an underrated player. Maybe the Seahawks can use Darboh a little like how the Jets use Enunwa. That might help.

Maybe not. Signed Dickson to be the starter, and Nick Vannett is entering his 3rd year. He started playing alot more towards the end of last year. And I think the FO really likes what Tyrone Swoopes can bring. Spent last year on the PS squad. Will get a chance to make something happen in the Pre-season. 

Archived