3 Draft Scenarios, Pick Your Favorite

G08

3 Draft Scenarios... Pick Your Favorite  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 3 Draft Scenarios... Pick Your Favorite

• 1. Tremaine Edmunds (EDGE) 2. Isaiah Wynn (OG)
    • 1. Minkah Fitzpatrick (SECONDARY) 2. Lorenzo Carter (EDGE)
    • 1. Quenton Nelson (OG) 2. Lorenzo Carter (EDGE)

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Kevin White, Leonard Floyd, Mitchell Trubisky... Pace swings for upside in round 1. Nobody is calling Edmunds a reach my frent.

I agree Pace def does so I think your projection is way more accurate than mine for what the Bears will do. That doesn't mean its right.

Pace reached for a WR huge gamble

Pace reached for an OLB another gamble but one that paid off

Pace reached for a QB huge gamble but I was in favor of it because its the most important position and you need to take risks with it. 

Pace ???- Will probably reach but I can see it biting us. Make the obvious choice for once. 

The more I'm thinking about it... why do we automatically assume that Edmunds is ticketed to be an EDGE only in this defense? Fangio highly values his ILBs and both Trevathan and Kwiatkoski come out of contract after 2019.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

The more I'm thinking about it... why do we automatically assume that Edmunds is ticketed to be an EDGE only in this defense? Fangio highly values his ILBs and both Trevathan and Kwiatkoski come out of contract after 2019.

8th pick is high for a LB IMO. If we wanted a LB in the first why not go for Roquan Smith? Proven with great instincts and ready to start day 1. 

51 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't think many people see Edmunds as an OLB in a 3-4...he is an ILB who can rush a little from the inside but he can do so much more.

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think many people see Edmunds as an OLB in a 3-4...he is an ILB who can rush a little from the inside but he can do so much more.

I'd love to 2 DL, then Floyd, DT,  Edmunds, and Carter all standing. You have DT staying back, but any 2 of the 3 can rush the passer and can do it from a multitude of angles. 

With Carter you're really pushing for Fangio to develop him, he isn't near a ready product. I'd love to see Armstrong in the second though. 

IMO choice #1 and #3 are pretty equal. Wynn will be a very good OG and Nelson will be allpro for many years. Edmunds' ceiling is through the roof. But his true talent would be rushing the passer. He is a bigger better Floyd. Carter is another Floyd clone with a step less upside to Floyd. If he drops to #39, he would be a pick even if Pace picks Edmunds. 

The only one who plays a premium position is Fitzpatrick which complicates things a great deal.

Nelson is the best individual player in the group. 

Carter has insane upside as a rusher and you have more tape of him pass rushing than you do Edmunds.

Will Pace continues to pick upside (Edmunds) if the best player in the draft, at a position of need, who protects his hand picked QB is available? It will be the ultimate test of his draft tendencies.

Barkley/Chubb/Fitzpatrick/Nelson/Edmunds

I'm honestly good with any of those dudes. If we take Fitzpatrick or Edmunds, we can go interior OL in the 2nd round. If we draft Nelson in the first round, then we better find an EDGE we like in round 2.

Tough one, I guess I'd be happy with either of those scenarios.  With the additions we made on offense I can see us going defense with both of our first picks.  I hope Pace has a plan in place to trade down if possible.  I hope we don't trade up, we need all the help we can get. 

7 hours ago, G08 said:

I don't know. I don't assume that, seems like Madmike doesn't either. 

I took the Nelson option in the poll, as that was the best option of the three. If they stay put and go defense (and Chubbs is gone) they should take Davenport. 

I'll frankly be pissed if Nelson makes it to 8 and he's not the pick.

Only players in this draft I'd even consider over him is Barkley and MAYBE Chubb.... 

You win football games in the trenches...and after ditching Sitton/with Long being held together by duct tape, I think OG is a bigger need than people think..... That said I also really dont see how Nelson is still on the board by our pick..... He's a top 3 talent in the draft, and even with 4 QBs, you've only gone 7 picks. 

9 hours ago, Epyon said:

Only players in this draft I'd even consider over him is Barkley and MAYBE Chubb.... 

You win football games in the trenches...and after ditching Sitton/with Long being held together by duct tape, I think OG is a bigger need than people think..... That said I also really dont see how Nelson is still on the board by our pick..... He's a top 3 talent in the draft, and even with 4 QBs, you've only gone 7 picks. 

I get the feeling that Nelson goes to the Giants at #2 because I don't see them taking a QB and I think it's between him and Barkley for them with Nelson winning out due to o-line being a huge need.  If Nelson doesn't go to the Giants then the only other team I can see taking him in top-10 is Indy at 6.

If he makes it to Bears then I think it's a no brainer pick

9 hours ago, Epyon said:

I hear what you're saying, but guards are a dime a dozen man. Granted, Nelson is a hell of a player, but there will be quality interior linemen when we pick at #39.

If he's the BPA and Pace takes him, I won't hate it. An interior of Nelson/Whitehair/Long is nasty, and running inside zone through that all day is a beautiful thing. It doesn't address our biggest weakness on defense -- edge rusher -- and we all know that pass rush makes defenses successful.

Archived