Broncofan

Colts added 

Matt Slauson 1 year $3 M 

Jack Mewhort 1 year $1.5 M ($3 M max) 

to cover the guard spots (for now) 

Whomever we draft whether G/T or both should improve our OL finally

As of now we have 

Castonzo-Slauson-Kelly-Mewhort-Good

Outside of them the only good backups we have are DeyShawn Bond, Joe Haeg and Le’Raven Clark 

1 hour ago, stallyns said:

Colts added 

Matt Slauson 1 year $3 M 

Jack Mewhort 1 year $1.5 M ($3 M max) 

to cover the guard spots (for now) 

Whomever we draft whether G/T or both should improve our OL finally

As of now we have 

Castonzo-Slauson-Kelly-Mewhort-Good

Outside of them the only good backups we have are DeyShawn Bond, Joe Haeg and Le’Raven Clark 

Doesn't look horrible on paper as long as guys stay healthy.  I know most Colts fans are relatively comfortable with Good at RT but I think Ballard will be looking for an upgrade there.

2 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

Seattle couldn’t offer more than that? Really?

51 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I wonder if the 49ers even had interest.

Apparently multiple teams had interest.  But he took the low offer out of loyalty.  Ballard didn’t cut him last year as an injury risk.   Weird part is the money was guaranteed anyways so it wasn’t like Ballard was being amazingly generous.   

On the open market I bet he could gave got 4-5M guaranteed from another team.  Now if there’s an ongoing issue with the knee then the contract makes sense.  Otherwise it’s a ridiculous bargain for IND.

Hats off to Ballard first the 3 2nd rounders and still staying in the elite tier then beefing up the OL for Luck.   He certainly understands how to rebuild and protect your franchise. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Apparently multiple teams had interest.  But he took the low offer out of loyalty.  Ballard didn’t cut him last year as an injury risk.   Weird part is the money was guaranteed anyways so it wasn’t like Ballard was being amazingly generous.   

On the open market I bet he could gave got 4-5M guaranteed from another team.  Now if there’s an ongoing issue with the knee then the contract makes sense.  Otherwise it’s a ridiculous bargain for IND.

Hats off to Ballard first the 3 2nd rounders and still staying in the elite tier then beefing up the OL for Luck.   He certainly understands how to rebuild and protect your franchise. 

Well damn. Feel good story. Hope he stays healthy and plays like the above-average Guard that he is.

Archived