2018 Prospect Visits, Workouts and Interviews

KingTitan

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. I know you never have enough good DBs, but 4 large investments in the CB position is a bit much. (2 high priced FA and 2 1st round picks).  Unless they think he should move to S and take Cyprien spot? lol 

And Cyp to ILB?!  Lol...

But I did scratch my head a lil about that. Cancel KVE because they dont think they'll have a chance to draft him, but still visit with Jackson even though its a position I highly doubt we sniff in the top 4 rounds...

16 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

And Cyp to ILB?!  Lol...

But I did scratch my head a lil about that. Cancel KVE because they dont think they'll have a chance to draft him, but still visit with Jackson even though its a position I highly doubt we sniff in the top 4 rounds...

And I love Josh Jackson. Before we signed Butler I was thinking we take him in the 1st round.  But yeah, I don't see how they could draft another CB in the 1st after doing it last year and 2 big FA signings. Unless they feel he is just the best prospect on the board and have some master plan with the secondary. 

Now add Jaire Alexander (CB, Louisville) to the visit list. He's almost certainly gone in the 1st/2nd. 

Really interested at what's going on there. CB depth is huge, but can't imagine having 2 $10M+ per guys and 2 back to back first rounders. Sims and even Tye Smith are more than serviceable 4th/5th corners. Maybe Adoree is going to be our Tyreek Hill...

31 minutes ago, VY said:

Now add Jaire Alexander (CB, Louisville) to the visit list. He's almost certainly gone in the 1st/2nd. 

Really interested at what's going on there. CB depth is huge, but can't imagine having 2 $10M+ per guys and 2 back to back first rounders. Sims and even Tye Smith are more than serviceable 4th/5th corners. Maybe Adoree is going to be our Tyreek Hill...

30 minutes ago, VY said:

Jaire Alexander is a stud and my favorite corner in this class, but now that we have Butler I just don’t see the need there. We’d have an incredible secondary if that’s where we went though. If we’re really going BPA at 25 he could definitely be the guy.

I was just going to come in and jokingly say that Adoree Jackson is going to transition to full time offensive weapon in the mold of Tyreek Hill, but VY beat me to the punch.

Not that I want to do that but I do think he would be beastly in that role.

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I was just going to come in and jokingly say that Adoree Jackson is going to transition to full time offensive weapon in the mold of Tyreek Hill, but VY beat me to the punch.

Not that I want to do that but I do think he would be beastly in that role.

I am honestly starting to believe that's not out of the question at this point. That type of player is crucial (even as a diversion) in the McVay/Shanahan offense. If they got CB in the 1st then it would actually make sense. If that isn't the plan and they go CB in the 1st it's really confusing. 

I don't think we would be taking this many high end CB visits if they weren't serious about drafting one.

I think its important to realize that some of these evaluations go beyond the draft. the notes you take and the visits you have today don't just go by the wayside April 27th. Today's top draft picks will become tomorrows free agents and/or trade bait.

i wouldn't read too closely into every visit.

3 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483402/article/eight-reasons-why-predraft-visits-are-overrated

I found this article from a few years back after I posted my last comment. Pretty much sums up my point. 

While all that is relevant, I disagree that they are overrated when it specifically pertains to the Titans.

Players that visited:
Jack Conklin
Austin Johnson
Sebastian Tretola
Aaron Wallace
Corey Davis
Taywan Taylor
Adoree Jackson
Jonu Smith
Brad Seaton
Corey Levin

According MusicCityMircales:

In 2016, the Titans drafted tackle, edge, defensive line, running back, safety, wide receiver, cornerback, guard, edge, and cornerback in that order. The five positions that they had the most reported private meetings with pre-draft were tackle, defensive line, cornerback, safety, and edge. Four of those five positions were addressed within the first three rounds with only running back being a “surprise” pick.

In 2017, the Titans drafted wide receiver, cornerback, wide receiver, tight end, linebacker, guard, edge, tackle, running back in that order. The five positions that they had the most reported private meetings with pre-draft were wide receiver, cornerback, linebacker, defensive line, and tight end. All four of the Titans picks in the first three rounds were spent on those positions and all four were players that were reported to have met with the Titans during the pre-draft process.

Archived