2018 Prospect Visits, Workouts and Interviews

KingTitan

Supposedly we had a scheduled meeting with Vander Esch and cancelled it because we don't expect him to be there at 25. I can't believe he's getting that high of consideration. He was mocked as a late 2nd round guy after the season ended. I think he only had one year of production too?

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I'd be down for Richie James in the 5th or so. He's a smaller guy for sure but could be a useful piece for LaFleur. Not sure if he does enough different than Taywan to justify bringing him in or not, but he can make plays.

1 hour ago, TwoToneBlue said:

So disappointed we haven’t been linked to Davenport. :(

I'm hearing that teams aren't as hyped on him as twitter and draft community is on him. But it is still highly possible we did something with him and it just hasn't gotten out.  

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I had a dream last night that Landry fell to us at 25, and we picked Sweat. Needless to say, the board exploded. xD

I have a bad feeling it's gonna fall to where Landry, Vander Esch, Rashaan Evans are all gone and I shall weep. I wish a miracle would happen and Roquan Smith would fall to us lol but he is probably going in top 10 : (

1 minute ago, Justin615$ said:

I have a bad feeling it's gonna fall to where Landry, Vander Esch, Rashaan Evans are all gone and I shall weep. I wish a miracle would happen and Roquan Smith would fall to us lol but he is probably going in top 10 : (

I think whatever we end up doing, it will be unpopular.

We will either have to trade up to get one of those guys and people will hate what we spend to trade up.
We are going to pick a guy at #25 at a position like CB, OG/C, or WR and people will hate it.
We will trade back and not  get anybody really in the 1st and people will hate it. 

A forum favorite won't last to #25 likely. Except Sweat who isn't a player everyone here likes. 

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I think whatever we end up doing, it will be unpopular.

We will either have to trade up to get one of those guys and people will hate what we spend to trade up.
We are going to pick a guy at #25 at a position like CB, OG/C, or WR and people will hate it.
We will trade back and not  get anybody really in the 1st and people will hate it. 

A forum favorite won't last to #25 likely. Except Sweat who isn't a player everyone here likes. 

I agree. With where we're at in the draft first of all there are so many unknown variables of what's going to happen in front of us.  Not something that we're usually used to around here.  A problem that hopefully we can keep having.

At 25 there isn't going to be a prospect that everybody is in love with.  If there was a "perfect" prospect that everybody thought was great, he wouldn't be there at 25.  That's where what that Josh Sweat article said the other day makes a lot of sense.  There's not going to be that prospect without many questions available at 25, so why not take a chance on a guy that has the elite athletic traits and potential to be something special in the right scheme?  If Sweat ends up being the guy (something that I'm bracing myself for) I just really hope we can trade down and pick up some additional picks and still land him. Then I can rest easy feeling like we got good value out of the pick even though Sweat isn't my favorite prospect. That's mostly because I tend to trust the tape more so than workout stats when evaluating guys, but that's really hard to do in Sweat's case which makes him a really tough projection for me.

Archived