2018 Prospect Visits, Workouts and Interviews

KingTitan

10 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

If Jackson falls to 25 and Vander Esch, Landry, Evans are all gone would any of you consider Lamar Jackson? Lol

Jackson should definitely fall past 25, it's a question of if he makes it into the 3rd I think. Then maybe you consider it. Wouldn't be a bad idea but definitely a luxury pick.  Could pay big dividends if he is able to develop behind Mariota, provide some competent spot play as needed, and maybe get shipped out for a higher pick later on.

On 4/19/2018 at 9:27 AM, VY said:

Jackson should definitely fall past 25, it's a question of if he makes it into the 3rd I think. Then maybe you consider it. Wouldn't be a bad idea but definitely a luxury pick.  Could pay big dividends if he is able to develop behind Mariota, provide some competent spot play as needed, and maybe get shipped out for a higher pick later on.

I think Jackson goes in round 1. If he’s there when we pick and there’s no one we’re in love with in that spot, I think the play is to trade back because someone will want to move up and get the 5th year option on him. 

Rapoport notes, however, some NFL teams are indeed comfortable with Sweat's knee, short and long term.

Sweat did not practice every day while at FSU and not being able to practice every day raises concerns. At this point, he remains one of the draft's big question marks, as teams wonder how much of a risk they are willing to take.

One thing I’ve been thinking about with the Sweat love is if people are comfortable taking Sweat at 25 why wouldn’t Lorenzo Carter be in that conversation too if not more so than Sweat? They both have similar concerns with production, because they were playing out of position in college, but Carter doesn’t have the injury concerns attached to him like Sweat does. I’d also argue that Carter’s tape is quite a bit better than Sweat’s. They both have similar athletic traits which is the biggest reason people are getting all amped on Sweat’s potential. I’m just wondering what the gap is between Sweat and Carter for the Sweat lovers, because I see Carter being a much better overall prospect out of the two.

47 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

One thing I’ve been thinking about with the Sweat love is if people are comfortable taking Sweat at 25 why wouldn’t Lorenzo Carter be in that conversation too if not more so than Sweat? They both have similar concerns with production, because they were playing out of position in college, but Carter doesn’t have the injury concerns attached to him like Sweat does. I’d also argue that Carter’s tape is quite a bit better than Sweat’s. They both have similar athletic traits which is the biggest reason people are getting all amped on Sweat’s potential. I’m just wondering what the gap is between Sweat and Carter for the Sweat lovers, because I see Carter being a much better overall prospect out of the two.

Agree, 100%.

I wrote in the "10 favorite prospects"-thread that I had Carter higher on my board than Sweat. I definitely think Carter should be in the #25 conversation. But then again, I like Carter more than Roquan Smith from a Pro-perspective.

So looks like both Landry and Cruikshank were pre-draft visits for the draft class this year. Apparently secret pre-draft visits since they aren't listed in this thread, but they both have videos on titansonline from their visits. The visits still matter! 

Archived