D.J. Chark vs D.J. Moore

Shylo3716

It appears that at least one of these guys are going to sneak into the tail end of round 1. With that being said, how is it that D.J. Moore’s stock increased so much that he’s becoming a fad pick for many in mock drafts at this moment?

I like em both, and wouldn't blink at either as later 1st rd picks. 

Moore looks more polished and complete. .. and as is, more of a WCO YAC receiver that has a lower ceiling but higher floor.

Chark looks like the ready to go deep threat outside that secondaries better respect... but he has much more to fine-tune. 

I don't pretend to know how it all shakes out for pro scouts and final draft results. Being right or wrong doesn't much matter to my ego. That said, both DJ's are in my top 5 of this WR class. Where do they get selected? #shrugs

If DJ Moore played with even a halfway competent QB at any point while at UMD, he'd be a Top 15 lock. Even with that god awful QB situation, he still threw up huge numbers. He's god very good body control and awareness, and is very good with the ball in his hands. Route running is fairly good but could use work, and I would question how much of the route tree he can consistently run given Maryland's mess of an offense. Very good in the red zone and a willing blocker.

Yes, I'm a UMD alum, but give me Moore.

Moore has a really limited route tree but that’s because Maryland’s O scheme and QB’s were barely above HS level.  His ability to separate isn’t in question for me. And with the ball he’s lethal.   

I don’t know if he’s there at 2.8 but I’d love it if we took him there (then again given our Day 2 whiff rate I’d probably take any good player).  Michel at RB or Moore at WR would be great picks there imo.  

Can’t deny Chark’s speed but you are going with even more projection and lower floor IMO.  Give me Moore in that contest.  

33 minutes ago, Danger said:

Moore, If DJ Chalk ran a 4.44 he's still a 3rd rounder right now.

lol, a slap to the face of every pro scout and F/O making draft decisions... :P 

"Film? we don't need no stinking film! We got 40 times, huzzzzah!"

6 hours ago, broncos67 said:

If DJ Moore played with even a halfway competent QB at any point while at UMD, he'd be a Top 15 lock.

Yikes....have you watched LSU's QB play the last few years? Pretty sure a walrus with a harpoon through his eyeball could have been a more productive QB. 0% chance Moore played with a worse QB or was hindered by a simple scheme. Maryland ran spread whereas LSU was an I-Formation team. Chark was significantly more hindered by his QB/scheme than Moore was.

I am taking Chark over Moore all day. I'm not nearly as high on Moore as others are.

Well, I am a Moore fan, Clark just wasn't productive enough to be a 1st rounder or even an early 2nd rounder. Moore could go late round 1 or early round 2. 

Scouts when judging talent from LSU vs Maryland, already expect the LSU guy to be the better athlete and when you see he listed as a Mayock #5, there is just something missing from his resume.

Of course, how they are rated as prospects vs what they actually accomplish in the NFL, are two totally different cans of worms. When you are judging juniors, we are seeing very raw prospects and given pro training, some have a light go on while others never develop. We will have to see how each makes out as a pro, but right now, Moore is the better prospect!

Honestly pretty shocking to me that Chark is even being discussed with Moore?  Where did people have a Chark before the combine?  Remember we already knew he was fast so don’t count it twice 

edit: insane spelling errors.

Archived