Lions sign Ricky Jean Francois

Lionized

1 minute ago, Rockcity2 said:

That's what I want them to be doing right now looking for our number 4 dt..........

So they should just neglect depth?

They're bringing in Hankins for a visit so it's not like they aren't looking for starters along the DL.

1 minute ago, ManeLine said:

So they should just neglect depth?

They're bringing in Hankins for a visit so it's not like they aren't looking for starters along the DL.

Highly doubt anyone was banging down his door..this needed to happen now I guess SUPERBOWL

Insert GIF "the sky is falling"

'Several Lions fans'

To ManeLine's point, he's a guy that is familiar with the system and is going to come in as a depth player. We have brought in several other guys and a few of those pins will drop in the next day or two. Branch and Hankins are two other guys. We'll likely bring someone in from the draft as well. Team building isn't a linear process. We do need more than 22 guys on a roster. Sometimes you don't address the starting position until the draft. They could have their eye on a couple immediate contributors. You still need other guys at those spots as well.

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Insert GIF "the sky is falling"

'Several Lions fans'

To ManeLine's point, he's a guy that is familiar with the system and is going to come in as a depth player. We have brought in several other guys and a few of those pins will drop in the next day or two. Branch and Hankins are two other guys. We'll likely bring someone in from the draft as well. Team building isn't a linear process. We do need more than 22 guys on a roster. Sometimes you don't address the starting position until the draft. They could have their eye on a couple immediate contributors. You still need other guys at those spots as well.

Dude why do you talk like we are 12? We know he's familiar with the fn patroits..

The sky's not falling it never left the dam ground 

2 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

Dude why do you talk like we are 12? We know he's familiar with the fn patroits..

That is exceptionally pessimistic, even for a fellow Lions fan.

I just find it very interesting to see several fans in this forum, yourself included, that seem to be in a panic about the moves (or lack of) this FO is making. None of us have any idea on how this will play out this year. There is also no step-by-step process towards success. This reminds me a lot of those paintings where the guy is doing all of these crazy things that make zero sense. After 3 minutes they flip it around and it's this incredible landscape. Just because we don't understand doesn't mean that it's not going to get there.

I'm in the camp that is willing to be patient with Quinn and Patricia as they try to work their magic. Once we start seeing how this translates on the field then we can critique things based on what worked and what didn't. I wasn't thrilled with our lack of addressing the RB spot in the draft last year. Quinn thought Abdullah could be the guy with an improved OL. He was wrong.

10 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

What I will say on a positive note, is that I can appreciate your passion for the team and wanting to see them be better. The Lions have a history that would turn any fanbase into an apathetic group. It's awesome to see that despite the lack of success, this is still a passionate bunch.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

That is exceptionally pessimistic, even for a fellow Lions fan.

I just find it very interesting to see several fans in this forum, yourself included, that seem to be in a panic about the moves (or lack of) this FO is making. None of us have any idea on how this will play out this year. There is also no step-by-step process towards success. This reminds me a lot of those paintings where the guy is doing all of these crazy things that make zero sense. After 3 minutes they flip it around and it's this incredible landscape. Just because we don't understand doesn't mean that it's not going to get there.

I'm in the camp that is willing to be patient with Quinn and Patricia as they try to work their magic. Once we start seeing how this translates on the field then we can critique things based on what worked and what didn't. I wasn't thrilled with our lack of addressing the RB spot in the draft last year. Quinn thought Abdullah could be the guy with an improved OL. He was wrong.

Oh you like to wait to see how bad it's gonna be..blind faith in the Detroit lions. 

You can be the bigger patient person are you gonna say I told you so...i fn doubt it

1 minute ago, Rockcity2 said:

Oh you like to wait to see how bad it's gonna be..blind faith in the Detroit lions. 

You can be the bigger patient person are you gonna say I told you so...i fn doubt it

I don't have blind faith. This is just a bigger step towards the Lions building the Patriots Midwest. There hasn't been a coach and GM as in sync with that system as Quinn/Patricia are. They still aren't Bellichick and Stafford isn't Brady. So who knows if it will fully translate or not. I'm just optimistic that this is the best chance of it having success outside of Foxborough. Championships aren't won on paper, so I'll wait to see how this master plan looks in games.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I don't have blind faith. This is just a bigger step towards the Lions building the Patriots Midwest. There hasn't been a coach and GM as in sync with that system as Quinn/Patricia are. They still aren't Bellichick and Stafford isn't Brady. So who knows if it will fully translate or not. I'm just optimistic that this is the best chance of it having success outside of Foxborough. Championships aren't won on paper, so I'll wait to see how this master plan looks in games.

You are having faith with this patriots ways bs..everybody seems to be.

Archived