Lions sign Ricky Jean Francois

Lionized

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

That's how they build their rosters, through the draft.

I get the frustration of other fans. We have a long history of losing and want to know that the ship is now headed in the right direction. We are looking for specific things to show us that we are in good hands. We aren't seeing those things and it is a cause for concern.

I do think that Quinn likes the roster than we do as fans, so I don't think we'll see too many more name signings between now and the draft.

I know you  build through the draft..if you wanna keep talking about this yr.. every team in our division improve but us and that's only our division.. You think grabbing a couple lbs and injured secondary guys does anything .is lb set for you even after this for you? Not me.. a safety with a beat up shoulder are we set at safety for you..mp better be a hell of a coach so let's hope

1 minute ago, Rockcity2 said:

I know you  build through the draft..if you wanna keep talking about this yr.. every team in our division improve but us and that's only our division.. You think grabbing a couple lbs and injured secondary guys does anything .is lb set for you even after this for you? Not me.. a safety with a beat up shoulder are we set at safety for you..mp better be a hell of a coach so let's hope

Other teams have made moves for sure. Whether those work out or not is yet to be seen.

Packers: Lose Jordy Nelson but bring in Graham. The same Jimmy Graham that had been written off in Seattle for a while but seemed to come back to life. Rodgers loses one of his key guys. He'll have to build a chemistry with Graham and JG will have to stay healthy

Vikings: Is Cousins the guy? They sure hope so. Are Diggs and Thielen going to be able to keep things up after losing Shurmur. Yet to be seen. Can Cook come back from his injury and be the man. TBD.

Bears: Have brought in a few weapons for Trubisky. He has to take the next step himself. They have a new HC that also has to find his way.

The Giants looked like a rock solid team that could be a SB contender at the beginning of last season. They're picking #2 overall and have a brand new HC. What you see on paper doesn't always translate onto the field.

BQ/MP are bringing in guys they know, are versatile and understand their scheme. We spent money last year on OL (Lang and Wagner) but that group was hit with injuries and under-performed. We'll address LG (likely leave Glasgow at OC) on the basis that the OL should improve.

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Other teams have made moves for sure. Whether those work out or not is yet to be seen.

Packers: Lose Jordy Nelson but bring in Graham. The same Jimmy Graham that had been written off in Seattle for a while but seemed to come back to life. Rodgers loses one of his key guys. He'll have to build a chemistry with Graham and JG will have to stay healthy

Vikings: Is Cousins the guy? They sure hope so. Are Diggs and Thielen going to be able to keep things up after losing Shurmur. Yet to be seen. Can Cook come back from his injury and be the man. TBD.

Bears: Have brought in a few weapons for Trubisky. He has to take the next step himself. They have a new HC that also has to find his way.

The Giants looked like a rock solid team that could be a SB contender at the beginning of last season. They're picking #2 overall and have a brand new HC. What you see on paper doesn't always translate onto the field.

BQ/MP are bringing in guys they know, are versatile and understand their scheme. We spent money last year on OL (Lang and Wagner) but that group was hit with injuries and under-performed. We'll address LG (likely leave Glasgow at OC) on the basis that the OL should improve.

How'd I know this was what you were gonna say... 

4 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

How'd I know this was what you were gonna say... 

I think we have both shared our positions enough at this point. I'll be happy to say you were right at the end of the season 1) if two teams come out of NFC North and into the playoffs; 2) the Lions fall below .500.

I expect to see the Lions between 8-8 to 10-6 with a shot at the division. The NFC has been quite competitive the last two years so it's hard to say if two teams will come out of the NFC North.

Let's see how things shake out.

6 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I think we have both shared our positions enough at this point. I'll be happy to say you were right at the end of the season 1) if two teams come out of NFC North and into the playoffs; 2) the Lions fall below .500.

I expect to see the Lions between 8-8 to 10-6 with a shot at the division. The NFC has been quite competitive the last two years so it's hard to say if two teams will come out of the NFC North.

Let's see how things shake out.

I'm not trying to be right I just want a fn division title or playoff win..we are not gonna get there sitting on our hands...

Bring in players that know your scheme that can't play isn't cutting it for me

Archived