Should we trade down from #4 right now?

NudeTayne

Maximum draft return for trading down  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Cleveland plans to trade down from pick #4, when would be the best time to do the trade so that we get the most draft resources?

• Do it now. Bird in the hand. Teams are panicking with the NYJ trade.
    • Draft day. Someone is going to panic when three QBs go off the board.
    • It's the same either way.

23 minutes ago, Tully305 said:

Only way I'm moving down is for this trade:

Bills receive

• 1st RND (#4)
  • WR Corey Coleman

Browns receive:

• 1st RND (#21)
  • 1st RND (#22)
  • 2nd RND (#53)
  • 2019 1st RND
  • 2019 2nd RND

I would take it without 22.

More realistic.

And I want nothing to do with 22.

The only way I trade out of four is by a huge haul which would include future HIGH draft picks. I believe sushi’s vision was to use what we have this year to continue building draft capital into the future. 

Extremely smart and proactive in building a dynasty. Which it seams he was going for. His vision was the stillers, Packers Patriots. Oh well he tried to overcome the hue and the Haslam. Hopefully finally getting a franchise guy be it Darnold Rosen or mayfield we can have that 10 year window. 

I would be happy to trade right now if it's a good deal.  You would have to give me a specific offer for me to say yes or no right now though.

However, in theory, the pick would have a better chance of being more valuable when on the clock.  If a team is trading for pick 4 right now they have to assume they might be getting their 4th ranked QB, but on draft day when pick 4 is on the clock their #2 Qb might be available at 4, hence making the pick more valuable to THAT team.

I say wait unless the offer is a great offer now. 

Also, pick 2 just MIGHT be a non QB.  I doubt it, but it might be.  If that happens then pick 4 becomes more valuable as soon as pick 2 is announced.

10 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Wait until the Giants and Jets have taken QBs.

Peak desperation at this point, probably from Buffalo, Denver, Miami and Arizona, all fighting to get the final QB of the perceived top-tier.

Yep. We really need the Giants to go QB, which i think they do.  1 Darnold, 2 Rosen, 3 Mayfield and that leaves Allen who we just need one team to fall in love with and panic.

We are sitting in the perfect spot at 1 and 4

its amazing that franchises like New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Giants until this year, Seattle, etc. have built franchises with late 1st round picks consistently Because they have a QB, yet for many of us we have this "we must get a blue chip player so keep pick #4 unless we get a drastically unrealistic trade offer" mentality. We are getting our QBOTF at #1, from all accounts the missing link to our future turning around is exactly that, yet people are treating #4 like its just as important. Other teams have built themselves by finding their QB then hitting on those late first, second, third round picks, yet the only way many think we can do it is by getting one guy staying at pick #4. There are so many options for us to move around in this draft, get solid picks in return, give up a couple picks to move back up when needed, there isn't a player at #4 that's a must have. We could do a trade with Buffalo and get a loot, then in return trade something smaller in value to slide back into the top 10 and take Ward, or Minkah, or whoever we may want there. We could move back and still end up with Ward, then get a pass rusher, LT or LB (Evans) at the top of round 2 or end of round 1. 

Personally, I hope the Giants do take Chubb, so we can stop this nonsense that he is worth more than us moving back and getting probably 3 additional 1st and 2nd round picks. 

3 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Personally, I hope the Giants do take Chubb, so we can stop this nonsense that he is worth more than us moving back and getting probably 3 additional 1st and 2nd round picks. 

Really.

There is no tread left on that tire.

1 minute ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

there isn't a player at #4 that's a must have.

This is all you needed to say.  Sums it up well. 

It makes all the sense in the world to trade down.  If we do indeed move down further than we all want with the Bills or even Cardinals, we need to make that one count.  1st, 2nd, 1st

9 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

It makes all the sense in the world to trade down.  If we do indeed move down further than we all want with the Bills or even Cardinals, we need to make that one count.  1st, 2nd, 1st

Or 1st, Pat Pete, 1st

1 hour ago, duke2056 said:

Let's say that Buffalo calls and we work out a deal that sends #4, #141 for #12, #22, #56 and a 2019 2nd round pick. We could move up to #10 potentially with Oakland and not have to give much up in return to do so. We could end up with our QBOTF, 2 solid CB's, a pass rusher that everyone wants but isn't needed at #4, and 3 potential offensive gadgets for the future. 

1. Darnold

2. Chubb

3. Rosen

4. Allen

5. Mayfield

6. Nelson

7. Barkley

8. Fitzpatrick

9.Smith

10. Denzel Ward *trade* Cleveland trades pick # 12, #35, 2019 4th round pick to Oakland for #10, #41.

22. Landry

33. Hughes

41. Kirk

56. Michel

64. Ateman

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Let's say that Buffalo calls and we work out a deal that sends #4, #141 for #12, #22, #56 and a 2019 2nd round pick. We could move up to #10 potentially with Oakland and not have to give much up in return to do so. We could end up with our QBOTF, 2 solid CB's, a pass rusher that everyone wants but isn't needed at #4, and 3 potential offensive gadgets for the future. 

1. Darnold

2. Chubb

3. Rosen

4. Allen

5. Mayfield

6. Nelson

7. Barkley

8. Fitzpatrick

9.Smith

10. Denzel Ward *trade* Cleveland trades pick # 12, #35, 2019 4th round pick to Oakland for #10, #41.

22. Landry

33. Hughes

41. Kirk

56. Michel

64. Ateman

This would be a nice haul.

Archived