Sea of Thieves | Xbox & PC

Cheesehawk

Who else is playing? Outside of the network issues the game has been a blast to play so far. They are going to be in need of new content quick though because the only purpose right now is to grind for cosmetics. 

Also, this is the first time I have used the Xbox Play Anywhere feature.. being new to PC from Xbox, it is sooo legit that I can play this game on my PC with my friends from Xbox. 

So, who's trying to get some booty?

4 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Who else is playing? Outside of the network issues the game has been a blast to play so far. They are going to be in need of new content quick though because the only purpose right now is to grind for cosmetics. 

Also, this is the first time I have used the Xbox Play Anywhere feature.. being new to PC from Xbox, it is sooo legit that I can play this game on my PC with my friends from Xbox. 

So, who's trying to get some booty?

I apparently pre-ordered it a while ago and it arrived yesterday to my surprise haha. I've got to say I'm underwhelmed. This game has been in development for like four years and there is so little to do. I'd say there are basically four activities to do over and over again and that's it. I don't hate the game and think it's a great concept but it just feels like a half finished product at best. I've seen a lot of comparisons to No Man's Sky which is definitely not a good thing. 

I don't know, I've been playing it for like three or four hours and I'm already ready for something to shake up the game. It describes itself as a sandbox game but there is nothing in the sandbox, it's just sailing and generic islands with nothing to discover. 

4 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I apparently pre-ordered it a while ago and it arrived yesterday to my surprise haha. I've got to say I'm underwhelmed. This game has been in development for like four years and there is so little to do. I'd say there are basically four activities to do over and over again and that's it. I don't hate the game and think it's a great concept but it just feels like a half finished product at best. I've seen a lot of comparisons to No Man's Sky which is definitely not a good thing. 

I don't know, I've been playing it for like three or four hours and I'm already ready for something to shake up the game. It describes itself as a sandbox game but there is nothing in the sandbox, it's just sailing and generic islands with nothing to discover. 

I don't blame you for feelin underwhelmed. The game is pretty barebones right now and it's obvious. I do enjoy the game play. The game being available on GamePass is pretty legit though. Have you not found any shipwrecks? Ran into a Kraken?

11 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Another No Mans Sky to a degree (not that bad). I think give it a year or two of active patching and content additions it is going to be something a lot better than it is now. 

A lot more enjoyable than NMS. Just last night one of the Skull Strongholds popped up. About 4 loaded galleons showed up and it was a straight sea battle for an hour. Was a lot of fun, boarding other peoples ships or being shot to them from across the sea out of the cannon. We had a ball with strictly the PvP aspect of the game last night, despite there being zero incentive to do so.

I feel like this game did the opposite of what all those Early Access games did, like Rust. They are both supposed to be both heavily driven by player experience. The difference was the early access games had a lot of systems in place, but was broken. Comparatively, SoT seems really solidly built, but only has like 3 ideas/systems to do anything. 

31 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I feel like this game did the opposite of what all those Early Access games did, like Rust. They are both supposed to be both heavily driven by player experience. The difference was the early access games had a lot of systems in place, but was broken. Comparatively, SoT seems really solidly built, but only has like 3 ideas/systems to do anything. 

Yeah, it's lacking content right now.. but since I'm ultimately playing for free I dont mind it so much. It's a big open sea and I have a feeling they have some great plans in place for updates once they get the server issues worked out.

I don't currently intend on getting it, but I am keeping an eye on it. I've seen the NMS comparisons too (though it's a little better than NMS because SoT didn't really promise anything they didn't deliver on, as far as I can tell), and reviews complaining about how much content there truly is in it. But it's hard to say this early how a game like this will hold up. If it's just fun enough, enough people will be complacent just doing the same stuff over and over again, and it'll survive well enough. Kind of impossible to predict this early in.

53 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't currently intend on getting it, but I am keeping an eye on it. I've seen the NMS comparisons too (though it's a little better than NMS because SoT didn't really promise anything they didn't deliver on, as far as I can tell), and reviews complaining about how much content there truly is in it. But it's hard to say this early how a game like this will hold up. If it's just fun enough, enough people will be complacent just doing the same stuff over and over again, and it'll survive well enough. Kind of impossible to predict this early in.

Why not try it out? Use your 14 day trial of gamepass and give it a shot

I bought this game solely for the PvP aspect and love it

It does need more content but im more of a multiplayer gamer than a quest gamer anyway so it doesnt bother me

The Ship battles in this game are some of the most fun I ever had while gaming. The mechanics are very well done.

I think they need to add a bit more enemies and maybe some more quests like fishing

7 hours ago, Danger said:

A few days in and this is just another No Man's Sky, though it won't get the same hate because they didn't try to hype it up as something that it wasn't, didn't promise things that aren't there.

I mean, I would argue that's exactly what defined No Man's Sky though the disappointment after the huge hype. Boring games are just boring games. What made No Man's Sky an infamous name was the fact that they hyped it up SO DAMN MUCH. 

I got a refund today from Microsoft and now im just going to do the 2 week free trial through xbox game pass and get the game that way.

I love the PvP aspect of the game but I feel like they lowered the amount of players per server and it doesnt seem as abundant like when I played the Alpha Testing and Beta

This should have been a $30 game like State Of Decay 2

15 hours ago, Knowledge said:

I got a refund today from Microsoft and now im just going to do the 2 week free trial through xbox game pass and get the game that way.

I love the PvP aspect of the game but I feel like they lowered the amount of players per server and it doesnt seem as abundant like when I played the Alpha Testing and Beta

This should have been a $30 game like State Of Decay 2

Yeah this game should NOT be $60.

On 3/24/2018 at 9:47 AM, TXsteeler said:

Yeah this game should NOT be $60.

It's such a huge disappoint for me. I'm feeling a little bored of this game already and I haven't even been sinking in a lot of hours into it. There are cool areas and stuff that is enjoyable but there is way too little of it. The lack of literally any goals or things to strive other than a handful of cosmetic items that have no impact on gameplay just compounds the fact there is absolutely nothing to do in this game. 

I'm sure there are people that enjoy it and that is fine but I cannot see any type of player base sticking around past a couple months with the current lack of content. 

Archived