Who are the top four most underrated and overrated QBs currently?

Overrated 

1. Eli Manning. He’s never been particularly good and the fact that in a dead season where he’s been dreadful he was pushed as someone who was wrongly targeted by the Giants because his stupid iron man streak ended is bogus. It wasn’t even close to Favre for one. For two Eli has been dreadful for years and only the addition of OBJ made him look acceptable recently. The fact is Eli’s made his team competitive exactly once and was carried by his defense one other time. Aside from those two years he hasn’t won a playoff game and now his team is being held hostage by some unjustified belief in him. 

2. Jimmy Garoppolo. This is mostly on a small sample size. He’s always looked impressive, but the first time was on a team that won the Super Bowl and the second was on a team that had nowhere to go but up. Until there’s more tape on him and he does it consistenyly any projections need to be made with a grain of salt. 

3. Carson Wentz. His team won the Super Bowl without him. His backup had one of the greatest QB playoff runs ever. 

Awaiting eleventh-hour submission of Geno Smith's incontrovertible fitness to stand atop the Underrated List from Peter Dinklage, adorned by no end of forensic/frantic posts arguing the point.

"Sup?"

Image result for Geno Smith

Image result for Peter Dinklage"Hey! - You want a piece of this?!?"

Edited by bzane
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, lancerman said:

3. Carson Wentz. His team won the Super Bowl without him. His backup had one of the greatest QB playoff runs ever. 

How does Foles playing out of his mind make Wentz overrated? Wentz was a legit MVP candidate last year before he got hurt and put his team on the track towards their eventual SB win by being the number one seed when he got hurt. Foles playing well and the team winning a SB doesn’t make Wentz any less good. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ketchup said:

How does Foles playing out of his mind make Wentz overrated? Wentz was a legit MVP candidate last year before he got hurt and put his team on the track towards their eventual SB win by being the number one seed when he got hurt. Foles playing well and the team winning a SB doesn’t make Wentz any less good. 

Because Wentz’ team is stacked and someone else filled in and beat the prior winner of the NFC conference, the best defense in points, and the best team in the AFC and prior Super Bowl winner without missing a beat. 

He hasn’t done enough to say it was his skill and not the team. Foles playoff statistics against better teams were arguably better than Wentz in the regular season. 

Not saying he can’t prove be, but he shouldn’t automatically be considered elite based off one year with a supporting cast that did it without him. 

For me Ben is the most underrated quarterback since Testaverde. People forget how he lost Plax, Ward, Wallace, Holmes. The dude makes wide receivers a ton of money. 

Overated Andrew Luck. He was hyped as Peyton 2.0. Even on this forum he was hyped up like crazy and yet he routinely put up similar seasons to Alex Smith. One if talked about as a journeyman and the other is the savior reborn. Never made sense to me. 

• Like 1

underated: someone i havent heard of. i w

ill name the best 9 qb i know 

it said i slightltlt

aaron

brady

rams qb

wentz

cousins

stafford

rotzb

garrapolio

dalton or smith

Edited by MathMan
On 3/23/2018 at 3:04 PM, Ketchup said:

Seriously.  Wentz was the best QB last season up until he got hurt.  That Foles, the guy who once had one of the most efficient QB seasons ever, managed to put together a good stretch of games himself doesn't diminish that.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:59 PM, lancerman said:

Because Wentz’ team is stacked and someone else filled in and beat the prior winner of the NFC conference, the best defense in points, and the best team in the AFC and prior Super Bowl winner without missing a beat. 

He hasn’t done enough to say it was his skill and not the team. Foles playoff statistics against better teams were arguably better than Wentz in the regular season. 

Not saying he can’t prove be, but he shouldn’t automatically be considered elite based off one year with a supporting cast that did it without him. 

Did you......did you.......did you....watch Wentz play??

tenor.gif?itemid=7532429

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Did you......did you.......did you....watch Wentz play??

tenor.gif?itemid=7532429

Yeah. And last year Ryan played far better than Wentz and the year before Cam played far better than Wentz. One year doesn’t mean anything, I get why you want to think it does though. 

19 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yeah. And last year Ryan played far better than Wentz and the year before Cam played far better than Wentz. One year doesn’t mean anything, I get why you want to think it does though. 

tumblr_mctfebN2VL1ry2irao1_500.gif