Who are the top four most underrated and overrated QBs currently?

patriotsheatyan

On 4/13/2018 at 6:44 AM, Danger said:

I'm going to have to change my overrated QB's list to add Jimmy Garoppolo. People are actually treating him like he's going to be a Hall of Fame QB already.

Might wanna throw Wentz on there then. He only has a handful size more samples then Jimmy and Doug made Nick Foles look like a franchise QB when Wentz was out. Even won a SB with him against the Pats of all teams. That is an accomplishment not even Bill can claim with Matt Cassell working with Randy Moss and a slew of other crazy talent. So how much greatness that we see from Wentz is actually him overcoming significant obstacles to be great or how much of it is the genius mind of Pederson just making everything incredibly easy for Wentz to succeed?

I don’t see how Eli and Flacco can be overrated when everyone aside from giants and ravens fans know they stink. I mean even some ravens fans are starting to come around on Flacco and stop making excuses

11 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Might wanna throw Wentz on there then. He only has a handful size more samples then Jimmy and Doug made Nick Foles look like a franchise QB when Wentz was out. Even won a SB with him against the Pats of all teams. That is an accomplishment not even Bill can claim with Matt Cassell working with Randy Moss and a slew of other crazy talent. So how much greatness that we see from Wentz is actually him overcoming significant obstacles to be great or how much of it is the genius mind of Pederson just making everything incredibly easy for Wentz to succeed?

I can understand adding Jimmy G because everyone is treating him as the 49er savior after like 7 games but Wentz was an MVP candidate before getting hurt. Yea the Eagles won a SB but there is a reason there isn't a QB controversy. Foles didnt exactly just step in from the get go and look like Wentz. At the highest point of stress he rose to the occasion but it wasn't like he played that way vs Atlanta or even really had to vs Mine because that game was out of hand early

12 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

The thing is. People are already calling Wentz overrated

37 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I can understand adding Jimmy G because everyone is treating him as the 49er savior after like 7 games but Wentz was an MVP candidate before getting hurt. Yea the Eagles won a SB but there is a reason there isn't a QB controversy. Foles didnt exactly just step in from the get go and look like Wentz. At the highest point of stress he rose to the occasion but it wasn't like he played that way vs Atlanta or even really had to vs Mine because that game was out of hand early

I think you missed my point. Foles looked like a MVP candidate in that offense. That's the point. When Brady went down. The Pat's looked like a totally different team when he did. They weren't SB contenders. The Eagles barely missed a beat when Wentz went down. That's not a MVP candidate. 2hat happened when Peyton Manning went down for the Colts? They wound up with the 1st pick overall. What happens when Sean Lee goes down for the Cowboys? That defense falls apart. MVP is often associated with the player who had the best stats. But it's the most valuable player. The one most important. Explain to me how Wentz is that important to the Eagles team? 

15 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I think you missed my point. Foles looked like a MVP candidate in that offense. That's the point. When Brady went down. The Pat's looked like a totally different team when he did. They weren't SB contenders. The Eagles barely missed a beat when Wentz went down. That's not a MVP candidate. 2hat happened when Peyton Manning went down for the Colts? They wound up with the 1st pick overall. What happens when Sean Lee goes down for the Cowboys? That defense falls apart. MVP is often associated with the player who had the best stats. But it's the most valuable player. The one most important. Explain to me how Wentz is that important to the Eagles team? 

Didnt he look that way in like 2 games though? Thats my thing. He wasn't someone that just showed up and balled out every start like Wentz did. 

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Didnt he look that way in like 2 games though? Thats my thing. He wasn't someone that just showed up and balled out every start like Wentz did. 

In case you forgot his rookie season Wentz did not either. He was good but did not ball out either. In fact some of the biggest criticisms was his passing plays where the majority was mostly nickle and dimes and roll outs, not to mention the amount of dump offs to his backs. But he progressed significantly his second year. But then again so did Foles when Pederson catered to him. Wentz still hasn't displayed this type of performance on a playoff or SB stage either. Not saying he couldn't or wouldn't. Just saying his back up Foles already has. So again I ask. How much credit should go to Wentz and how much should go to Pederson. If the bulk is Pederson then yes Wentz should be considered overrated if his Coach is really that much of a genius.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

In case you forgot his rookie season Wentz did not either. He was good but did not ball out either. In fact some of the biggest criticisms was his passing plays where the majority was mostly nickle and dimes and roll outs, not to mention the amount of dump offs to his backs. But he progressed significantly his second year. But then again so did Foles when Pederson catered to him. Wentz still hasn't displayed this type of performance on a playoff or SB stage either. Not saying he couldn't or wouldn't. Just saying his back up Foles already has. So again I ask. How much credit should go to Wentz and how much should go to Pederson. If the bulk is Pederson then yes Wentz should be considered overrated if his Coach is really that much of a genius.

Not just his coach, but the pieces around him as well.  His team has no glaring weaknesses:  strong running game, strong defense, strong coaching.  It's funny how much Russell Wilson was criticized and doubted his first few years in the league when he landed in a similar situation.  It took years for people to start seeing Wilson as a legitimate top 5 QB.  Yet Wentz is already thought of as such after one great season?  The double standards for a top 5 pick vs. a 3rd round pick I guess.

Even though I hate hate hate using this argument because its so lame sometimes but..I feel this applies.....which is that with Wentz, you have to 100% WATCH all or most all of his snaps from this past season and the one before. You cant look at things in a vacuum and talk about how Foles looked in 2 games etc. Its such a stupid argument.

Anyone who actually watched our offense knew that Carson was absolutely NOT a product of any genius offense, nor was he some great benefactor of an elite supporting cast (a la Dak in 2016). But I also still believe that Pederson is one of the best offensive coaches in the game and that our offense had a lot of talent. 

But all I say to you is go watch 2017 Eagles games. Bc this guy obvi hasn't. Wentz literally was constantly making just insane plays on his own every single game.

2 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Even though I hate hate hate using this argument because its so lame sometimes but..I feel this applies.....which is that with Wentz, you have to 100% WATCH all or most all of his snaps from this past season and the one before. You cant look at things in a vacuum and talk about how Foles looked in 2 games etc. Its such a stupid argument.

Anyone who actually watched our offense knew that Carson was absolutely NOT a product of any genius offense, nor was he some great benefactor of an elite supporting cast (a la Dak in 2016). But I also still believe that Pederson is one of the best offensive coaches in the game and that our offense had a lot of talent. 

But all I say to you is go watch 2017 Eagles games. Bc this guy obvi hasn't. Wentz literally was constantly making just insane plays on his own every single game.

It's so lame and yet you used it. Goes to show you thought that one out, or so it seems. It does not apply because facts are faxtd And even if it did, you most certainly did not watch games yourself if you claim he only played 2. I mean didnt Wentz go down in the playoffs. Results matter and the Eagles achieved them with a backup Qb. Their success works against Wentz and his accomplishments when a QB who came into a offense that was not even built for him and still achieve greater results on a larger stage when winning the SB. That's not up for debate. If a player you claim is not a product of great coaching or a great supporting staff then the Eagles should have been one and done in the playoffs because it would have revolved around Wentz's ability and raw talent. But it's not. What's obvious is that this team is a product of what Doug pederson is. 

You can make the claim it's both Billicheck and Brady in NE because without Brady, Billicheck did not achieve the same results. Not true with the Eagles considering Foles is actually quite a different passer then Wentz being far more rhythmic to his style of play. Foles struggle was the result of having that offense being made to suit his needs rather then sticking to what worked with Wentz. Pederson changed the play calling, the pace of the offense, as well as assignment changes and did it all with the exact same personnel. That is genius. And I hate the damn Eagles but Pederson showed that he is as formidable as anyone in the game.

Again I'm not saying Wentz isn't good. But it is painfully obvious the Eagles success were not because of him. Because they proved beyond a reasonable doubt they could do it without him.

The same cannot be said for other great players who were basically the lynch pins of their teams rise and falls. They were true MVPs their coaches "needed" those players. The same cannot be said for Wentz. I know that's sh!tty to say but it's TRUE.  

22 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Yup, just a system QB. Everything is always laid out so easy for Wentz. The guy never makes any plays when the things break down

wentz-agholor.gif

50 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yup, just a system QB. Everything is always laid out so easy for Wentz. The guy never makes any plays when the things break down

wentz-agholor.gif

I misspoke. Not everything. But having an offense designed to take full advantage of your capabilities does make things a hell of alot easier wouldn't you agree?

13 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I misspoke. Not everything. But having an offense designed to take full advantage of your capabilities does make things a hell of alot easier wouldn't you agree?

So a guy has to have an awful coach to be not be overrated?  Dougy P is a really good coach and found a way to work with Foles to win the Super Bowl. But if you watch Wentz, the guy makes plays few human beings are capable of making. Will he do that consistently over his career? Who knows? But even in his so called "bad season" he made those plays too

Archived