2019 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+ Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

On 7/22/2018 at 4:40 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

As a Buckeye fan I have to stop you right there. KJ Hill may be the slowest receiver we have next to Victor and maybe C.J Saunders. I think Dixon many be the most explosive next to Campbell

You think so?  Johnnie Dixon has a bad injury history and what was with last year the second half of the season?  Was he injured or just got passed up on the depth chart because for the last five games he did basically nothing.  KJ Hill was more consistent as a playmaker throughout the season I thought and made some huge catches in the Penn State game and the Michigan game.  Sure if one is talking just speed Dixon has flashed but seems to never be able to stay healthy or take many hits.  

Is a great group for sure, will be interesting who comes forward and takes it to the next level.  I think all could benefit from Haskins throwing the football who is a lot more natural and has a stronger arm more accurate arm than JT.  I still see Martell will get some action as a runner and change of pace option for red zone stuff, but Haskins should get most of the play.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

You think so?  Johnnie Dixon has a bad injury history and what was with last year the second half of the season?  Was he injured or just got passed up on the depth chart because for the last five games he did basically nothing.  KJ Hill was more consistent as a playmaker throughout the season I thought and made some huge catches in the Penn State game and the Michigan game.  Sure if one is talking just speed Dixon has flashed but seems to never be able to stay healthy or take many hits.  

Is a great group for sure, will be interesting who comes forward and takes it to the next level.  I think all could benefit from Haskins throwing the football who is a lot more natural and has a stronger arm more accurate arm than JT.  I still see Martell will get some action as a runner and change of pace option for red zone stuff, but Haskins should get most of the play.

Merely speaking on raw physical ability which was the topic, Dixon has it, I just am not as high on Hill as you are and thats fine.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

7 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Merely speaking on raw physical ability which was the topic, Dixon has it, I just am not as high on Hill as you are and thats fine.

Will see how he does, sure technically he is athletic but with that kind of injury history, it does not matter how fast you can run if in time you will not be able to run at all.  The guy has less than 500 receiving yards in three years, redshirted a year also so has been at Ohio State four seasons not including this year and has "chronic knee injuries" and "two arthritic knees".  Hopefully he can really breakout this year but that is a long shot I feel with his health history.  Bad knees is flat out awful to have much less as a football player or any athlete in general.  Hope the best for him, will see how he does. 

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Will see how he does, sure technically he is athletic but with that kind of injury history, it does not matter how fast you can run if in time you will not be able to run at all.  The guy has less than 500 receiving yards in three years, redshirted a year also so has been at Ohio State four seasons not including this year and has "chronic knee injuries" and "two arthritic knees".  Hopefully he can really breakout this year but that is a long shot I feel with his health history.  Bad knees is flat out awful to have much less as a football player or any athlete in general.  Hope the best for him, will see how he does. 

That's kind of my point, Johnnie Dixon and both of his bad knees are better, a better athlete and a better prospect than KJ Hill. (In my opinion)

Dixon has done more in limited time than Hill has in extended time (with his arthritc knees and supported by stats)

Plus he the majority of those 500 yards where from this year when he got healthy.

On a side note I have been yelling Robert Landers for the past two years and will continue to, he's a STUD

Edited by MSURacerDT55

18 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That's kind of my point, Johnnie Dixon and both of his bad knees are better, a better athlete and a better prospect than KJ Hill. (In my opinion)

Dixon has done more in limited time than Hill has in extended time (with his arthritc knees and supported by stats)

Plus he the majority of those 500 yards where from this year when he got healthy.

On a side note I have been yelling Robert Landers for the past two years and will continue to, he's a STUD

With Landers that is potentially a really good call.  Kid can get some awesome penetration at times and can really get around blockers and cause big issues.  Is a little short though obviously but uses that to his advantage, is what maybe 6-0 if that.  Still will be interesting to watch and those inside guys are helped with all the attention and heat the ends bring and vice versa.  Will be interesting how productive Landers can be this year, Jones as well is another fine player on Ohio State at DT and has more the typical size one wants.  See if both of them can take their production to another level.

• Like 1

My Top Position cores in College Football in terms of elite level talent.  Did not include any freshman really in the list, just based on returning talent for the most part. 

QB
Close with Michigan because they have two studs in Patterson and Peters, but Georgia with Fields and an already accomplished QB in Fromm is very impressive, and that is with Eason transferring as well out of Georgia.  Will be curious what happens at Florida State and if Francois can get his job back which I think he should be able to.

Georgia: Fields, Fromm
Michigan: Patterson, Peters, McCaffrey
Alabama: Tagovailoa, Hurts
Florida State: Francois, Blackman
Texas: Ehlinger, Buechele

Dark Horse: Ohio State: Haskins, Martell 

RB
It is not even close, Alabama all the way.  Wisconsin does have crazy depth there but Taylor will get a ton of carries and the other guys are not really stars like Bama has arguably three possible star backs.  Florida could be very good if Scarlett can stay healthy and they have really impressive depth also.

Alabama: N. Harris, D. Harris, Robinson, Jacobs
Wisconsin: Taylor, Shaw, James, Deal
Ohio State: Dobbins, Weber
OU: Anderson, Sermon
Florida State: Akers, Patrick

Dark Horse: Florida: Scarlett, Perine, Davis

WR
Far and away the best WR core especially in terms of depth is Ohio State.  They have four very legit guys and maybe even five.  South Carolina is really deep also and Miami FL if the QB can improve, they have some big targets and speed for sure to do some damage.

Ohio State: Campbell, Victor, Dixon, McLaurin, Mack
NC State: Harmon, Meyers, Louis
South Carolina: Samuel, Edwards, O. Smith, S. Smith
Ole Miss: Brown, Metcalf, Lodge
Toldeo: D. Johnson, Thompson, J. Johnson

Dark Horse: Cager, Richards, Langham, Thomas

TE
Thought for sure Michigan but the production of the Iowa TEs was impressive last year and should be similar again this season.  Michigan in terms of talent could be #1 but they have to produce more and make more plays, will see if they can with the new QB in place.

Iowa: Fant, Hockenson
Michigan: McKeon, Gentry, Wheatley, Eubanks
LSU: Pettigrew, Moreau, Moss
Stanford: Smith, Parkinson
Purdue: Hopkins, Herdman

Dark Horse: Georgia: Nauta, Woerner

OL
Very close call honestly, could easily put Stanford ahead of Wisconsin because I feel they have better tackles, Wisconsin has better interior players arguably wall to wall but then again could say Herbig is better than any guard on Wisconsin.  Little and Hamilton are extremely talented tackles, Little arguably more talented than any Wisconsin lineman, and Hall is not half bad either.  Will see how it plays out.

Wisconsin: Edwards, Deiter, Dietzen, Biadasz, Benzschawel
Stanford: Herbig, Little, Hamilton, Burkett, Fanaika, Hall
Alabama: Williams, Pierschbacher, Womack, Cotton, Leatherwood, Casher
Ohio State: Jordan, Prince, Knox, Pridgeon, Munford
Michigan: Newsome, Bredeson, Ruiz, Runyan, Onwenu, Bushell-Beatty

Dark Horse: LSU: Charles, Ingram, Brumfield, Deculus 

DL
The dead obvious one, the other teams are not even close really in terms of straight up for starters and what they bring.  Alabama could be higher if one would include OLB's as DE potentially.  With the dark horse Iowa should be very strong on the DL and almost included Wyoming as the dark horse with their two studs but they do not have the depth across the line others have.

Clemson: Ferrell, Lawrence, Wilkins, Bryant
Auburn: Brown, Davidson, Coe, Bryant, Moultry, Russell
Ohio State: Bosa, Jones, Landers, Young, Cornell
Alabama: Davis, Buggs, Ray, Dwight, Williams
Michigan: Gary, Winovich, Marshall, Mone, Kemp, Solomon 

Dark Horse: Iowa: A. Nelson, M. Nelson, Epenesa, Hesse

LB
LSU is a close call with Wisconsin, I think LSU has more talent than Wisconsin's backers but could argue Wisconsin guys might end up being more productive, LSU sure does need one or two other guys outside of White to step up and I think they will.  Alabama could be #1 but with Lewis being out probably the year and who knows if Jennings or Miller can stay healthy this season.  Also almost included Penn State as the dark horse, if Cam Brown can finally do something on the field the freshman they have at linebacker are really impressive.

LSU: White, Chaisson, Phillips, Divinity, Taylor
Wisconsin: Edwards, Connelly, Van Ginkel, Orr
Alabama: Wilson, Jennings, Miller,  Mosley,  Allen, Holcombe (Lewis OUT)
Michigan: Bush, Hudson, Furbush
Miami FL: Quarterman, Pinckney, McCloud

Dark Horse: Texas: Johnson, Wheeler, McCulloch, Roach  

DB
Not a ton of great groups, Washington has the best across the board but lack elite talent.  LSU to me by far has the most talented  with Williams the best corner in the nation and Delpit a great safety prospect, if they can develop another star they will be great.  Alabama could be hirer depending on how the freshman corners play and how Diggs and Smith do at corner as well.  Could argue Miami would have been #1 if Young did not have to sadly end his football career early.

LSU: Williams, Delpit, Battle, Kirklin, Stevens, Paris
Washington: Rapp, Murphy, McIntosh, Joyner
Miami FL: Johnson, Redwine, Jackson, Bandy
Alabama: Thompson, Diggs, Smith, McKinney, Cater (FR)
Georgia: Baker, McGhee, Reed, LeCounte

Dark Horse:  Michigan: Long, Hill, Kinney, Metellus, St-Juste
Edited by Ozzy

• 2 weeks later...

New to the board. Great content. Wanted to comment on the 2019 Draft projections for OGs. By my count there were 18 in 7 rounds.

1. Dalton Risner (K-State) 
1. Martez Ivey (Florida)
2. Nate Herbig (Stanford
2.Connor McGovern:PS
3. Michael Jordan(OSU)
3. Pierschbacher(Bama
3. Benzschwal (Wisconsin)
4.  J Alvarez (Sooners)
4. Marcus Keys (Okie st
4. M Dieter (Wisconsin 
5. T Prescod (NC St)
5. Patrick Vahe (Texas)
5.B Fanaika (Stanford
5. Lester Cotton (Bama)
6. Chaze Wright(PennSt
6. L McNeil (Louisville)
6. D Stanley (S Carolina
7. Abdul Beecham

Nice to see some Big 12 players on the list. I am a big Kansas State and Bill Snyder fan.

I think per PFF Kansas State has the highest rated interior OL in the Big 12:

(Abdul Beecham OG, Adam Holtorf Center and Tyler Mitchell OG)

Also I believe Abdul Beecham should be higher than potential 7th rounder. His PFF pass Blocking grade of 86.0 was the best in the Big 12 and the third best in the Nation for FBS. His overall PFF grade of 80.0 was higher than Vahe of Texas who is rated as a potential 5th round draft pick. 

In closing I believe Kansas States OL should be in the discussion for one of the best in the Nation.  Dalton Risner is an All American at RT, Adam Holtorf is a Rimington Nominee at Center, Tyler Mitchell has a 82.0 overall PFF grade, Abdul Beecham is the third highest rated Pass Blocking OG in FBS per PFF and Scott Frantz is an consistent All Big 12 player. 

PFF Big 12 Interior OL Rankings

1.     Kansas State - Adam Holtorf (83.8), Tyler Mitchell (81.1), and Abdul Beecham (80.7) - 245.6

2.     Oklahoma State - Marcus Keyes (84), Johnny Wilson (75.2), and Ry Schneider (66.0) - 225.2

3.     TCU - Cordel Iwuagwu (73.9), David Bolisomi (73.5), and Kelton Hollins (68.9) - 216.3

4.     Oklahoma - Ben Powers (81.5), Cody Ford (75.9), and Dru Samia (52.8) - 210.2

5.     Iowa State - Will Windham (73.8), Josh Knipfel (64.3), and Julian Good-Jones (48.6) - 186.7

6.     Texas Tech - Jack Anderson (77.7), Jacob Hines (70.4), and Paul Stawarz (36.8) - 184.9

7.     Texas - Patrick Vahe (70.3), Patrick Hudson (67.5), and Zach Shackleford (46.2) - 184

8.     Kansas - Chris Hughes (70.2), Andru Tovi (62.8), and Mesa Ribordy (49.3) - 182.3

9.     West Virginia - Josh Sills (81), Matt Jones (49.8), and Isaiah hardy (42.8) - 173.6

10. Baylor - Blake Blackmar (73.5), Sam Tecklenburg (50.4), and Xavier Newman (38.4) - 162.3

• Like 1

Power 5's highest pass-block grade among guards

?view=att&th=165125539ef29b51&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_jidhym3x0_163fa94916069b1e&zw&atsh=1

According to the team at Pro Football Focus, Gonzalez has the best grade of a pass blocker among all returning guards in FBS football. With a grade of 86.6, Gonzalez sits ahead of Nebraska’s Jerald Foster (86.4) and Abdul Beecham of Kansas State (86.0) Who is (Third in the Nation amongst all returning Offensive Guards

7 hours ago, NajeeNena said:

New to the board. Great content. Wanted to comment on the 2019 Draft projections for OGs. By my count there were 18 in 7 rounds.

1. Dalton Risner (K-State) 
1. Martez Ivey (Florida)
2. Nate Herbig (Stanford
2.Connor McGovern:PS
3. Michael Jordan(OSU)
3. Pierschbacher(Bama
3. Benzschwal (Wisconsin)
4.  J Alvarez (Sooners)
4. Marcus Keys (Okie st
4. M Dieter (Wisconsin 
5. T Prescod (NC St)
5. Patrick Vahe (Texas)
5.B Fanaika (Stanford
5. Lester Cotton (Bama)
6. Chaze Wright(PennSt
6. L McNeil (Louisville)
6. D Stanley (S Carolina
7. Abdul Beecham

Nice to see some Big 12 players on the list. I am a big Kansas State and Bill Snyder fan.

I think per PFF Kansas State has the highest rated interior OL in the Big 12:

(Abdul Beecham OG, Adam Holtorf Center and Tyler Mitchell OG)

Also I believe Abdul Beecham should be higher than potential 7th rounder. His PFF pass Blocking grade of 86.0 was the best in the Big 12 and the third best in the Nation for FBS. His overall PFF grade of 80.0 was higher than Vahe of Texas who is rated as a potential 5th round draft pick. 

In closing I believe Kansas States OL should be in the discussion for one of the best in the Nation.  Dalton Risner is an All American at RT, Adam Holtorf is a Rimington Nominee at Center, Tyler Mitchell has a 82.0 overall PFF grade, Abdul Beecham is the third highest rated Pass Blocking OG in FBS per PFF and Scott Frantz is an consistent All Big 12 player. 

I usually never pay attention to PFF rankings of any kind, much less rarely pay attention to any rankings or statistics like blocking grades others have made,  the grades for interior team blocking for the Big 12, well honestly some of the higher rated groups, could argue none will even be in the NFL.  Could say what 4-5 of those 30 will play in the NFL, so group rankings like that for a conference in terms of NFL potential are not that important. 

I like Beecham as well but I am some what new to him as a prospect, only noticed him while watching Risner to be honest and though he had some upside.  Going to have to watch him a lot more this season, and sure possibly I underrated him but that is where I put him after just watching him a little, physically his height and length could be an issues at the next level, I assume he is closer to 6-1 or 6-2, is not 6-3 at all.  

Going to have to watch Steven Gonzalez more as well, honestly he did not stand out much to me last year for Penn State despite his high PFF "ranking", on that Penn State line I thought it was some what average.  McGovern I like a lot but like him more at guard but is going to be a center the rest of his college career most likely.  Really hope Wright can play well finally but will see he gets hurt and is pretty soft for a massive man. 

Like I have said before, Nick Kaltmayer on Kansas State I like a lot and could easily be a starter at tackle potentially.  When he filled in last year I was impressed with how he played, he has great length.  So do you think Risner could play guard in the NFL, I think that might be his best position arguably but will see.  Still is an awesome lineman I think and potentially a 1st rounder.  Kansas State is fun to watch because they are old school, too bad Dimel left with his dad he could of had a big year at FB.  Still they have a good OL not sure it is great though, no way they are even top three in the nation on the OL.  I do need to watch some of their prospects more but I feel they only have one really elite talent, maybe two and honestly that overall run game is helped greatly by TEs in Valentine and Gammon.   Who really are almost OTs themselves and love when Valentine plays FB or HB.  Cool old school team to watch and helps having some electric running QBs like they have and a few solid RBs.

Thanks for the response! I love some good back and forth discussions. I would like to counter point some of your comments as well as make some corrections on your assumptions.

You mentioned issues with PFF and to a degree that is warranted. However I feel they have continued to improve and tweak their product. They do watch every single play of every College game and collectively rate the players. They use ex NFL players who played the position to get a more accurate evaluation. I think this is far more than others who only watch a few games or even just a few plays or just go with the popular names instead of looking at more players in general. You even mentioned you noticed Beecham only because you were looking at Risner. Many players fall through the  cracks sometimes with this method. Also just fun facts and stats, Risner gave up 4 pressures in almost 400 snaps, Beecham only gave up 7 in the same amount.  Also I get what you are saying In regards to “group” rankings to an extent. However the point I was trying to make was twofold. First to show that some Big 12 OG you had rated above Beecham were actually rated lower in game grade performance than him. Second  I saw another post on this forum where a ranking of OL as a unit was done. Wisconsin OL was very high. They are a great unit that for 2017 avg 5.0 yards per run and only gave up 21 sacks. Well K-State also avg 5.0 yards per run and only gave up 24 sacks. Maybe they are not Top 3 but they are Top 10 in my opinion. Finally 4-5 OL out of 30 in a conference who make it and play in the NFL is a large number in my opinion

In regards to your comments and assumptions on Beecham, If you don’t know or can’t verify then maybe it is best to not assume until you can. For the record Beecham is a legit 6’3” 315lbs WITHOUT shoes on. He has a thick build (similar to Will Hernandez) and gives the appearance he is short. You don’t realize how tall he is until he is next to you. Also your concerns about his length are unfounded. Beecham has 33.5 inch arms (Most NFL teams want this length for Tackles) Beecham also has a EIGHTY TWO INCH WINGSPAN......that is like someone who is 6’10” and I believe is why he is such a good pass blocker, defenders can’t get into his body. I am aware of Beecham because I am his relative. Finally you mentioned you could have possibly underrated him and you only watched him a little. Well I hope you go back and watch some of his games from last season(Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor, UCLA etc) and watch his games this year. Just a small note Beecham has been moved from LG to RG and will play next to Risner this season and that will have KState’s  best two OL on the same side. A lot of runs will go right and everyone will get to see Beecham’s abilities.

In regards to Kaltmayer. I agree he is a solid very long OT and he did an admirable job filling in for a injured Risner. However he only has a few starts in his K-State career and never because he beat someone out, it was always because of injuries. So let us concede he can’t ever beat out Risner, but he also can’t beat out Scott Frantz either. Atleast on Kansas State he isn’t a starter but yes maybe on another team he could start.

I believe since Risner is so versatile that it really depends on what the team that is looking at him needs. I believe his best position is center or guard. He can play tackle if needed but interior OL is where I think he will end up. He is very similar to Cody Whitehair who plays Center for the Bears.

finally I agree that our run game is helped by TEs and FBs but not to the extent you believe. Kansas State is an inside running team with a lot of pulling from the interior line. We don’t have the speed  or athletes to consistently run outside. Our OL is the engine that makes the offense go. The TE and FB is important but not the key to our running game. 

Thanks again for the reply. I look forward to more of your thoughts and analysis on various subjects regarding College football and 2019 NFL Draft. 

58 minutes ago, NajeeNena said:

Thanks for the response! I love some good back and forth discussions. I would like to counter point some of your comments as well as make some corrections on your assumptions.

You mentioned issues with PFF and to a degree that is warranted. However I feel they have continued to improve and tweak their product. They do watch every single play of every College game and collectively rate the players. They use ex NFL players who played the position to get a more accurate evaluation. I think this is far more than others who only watch a few games or even just a few plays or just go with the popular names instead of looking at more players in general. You even mentioned you noticed Beecham only because you were looking at Risner. Many players fall through the  cracks sometimes with this method. Also just fun facts and stats, Risner gave up 4 pressures in almost 400 snaps, Beecham only gave up 7 in the same amount.  Also I get what you are saying In regards to “group” rankings to an extent. However the point I was trying to make was twofold. First to show that some Big 12 OG you had rated above Beecham were actually rated lower in game grade performance than him. Second  I saw another post on this forum where a ranking of OL as a unit was done. Wisconsin OL was very high. They are a great unit that for 2017 avg 5.0 yards per run and only gave up 21 sacks. Well K-State also avg 5.0 yards per run and only gave up 24 sacks. Maybe they are not Top 3 but they are Top 10 in my opinion. Finally 4-5 OL out of 30 in a conference who make it and play in the NFL is a large number in my opinion

In regards to your comments and assumptions on Beecham, If you don’t know or can’t verify then maybe it is best to not assume until you can. For the record Beecham is a legit 6’3” 315lbs WITHOUT shoes on. He has a thick build (similar to Will Hernandez) and gives the appearance he is short. You don’t realize how tall he is until he is next to you. Also your concerns about his length are unfounded. Beecham has 33.5 inch arms (Most NFL teams want this length for Tackles) Beecham also has a EIGHTY TWO INCH WINGSPAN......that is like someone who is 6’10” and I believe is why he is such a good pass blocker, defenders can’t get into his body. I am aware of Beecham because I am his relative. Finally you mentioned you could have possibly underrated him and you only watched him a little. Well I hope you go back and watch some of his games from last season(Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor, UCLA etc) and watch his games this year. Just a small note Beecham has been moved from LG to RG and will play next to Risner this season and that will have KState’s  best two OL on the same side. A lot of runs will go right and everyone will get to see Beecham’s abilities.

In regards to Kaltmayer. I agree he is a solid very long OT and he did an admirable job filling in for a injured Risner. However he only has a few starts in his K-State career and never because he beat someone out, it was always because of injuries. So let us concede he can’t ever beat out Risner, but he also can’t beat out Scott Frantz either. Atleast on Kansas State he isn’t a starter but yes maybe on another team he could start.

I believe since Risner is so versatile that it really depends on what the team that is looking at him needs. I believe his best position is center or guard. He can play tackle if needed but interior OL is where I think he will end up. He is very similar to Cody Whitehair who plays Center for the Bears.

finally I agree that our run game is helped by TEs and FBs but not to the extent you believe. Kansas State is an inside running team with a lot of pulling from the interior line. We don’t have the speed  or athletes to consistently run outside. Our OL is the engine that makes the offense go. The TE and FB is important but not the key to our running game. 

Thanks again for the reply. I look forward to more of your thoughts and analysis on various subjects regarding College football and 2019 NFL Draft. 

I do not follow PFF because it is basically reading what others say then that can subconsciously become ones own opinion.  I am sure they do good "work" there but I like to keep things fresh and based on my own opinion and seeing a player for the first time.  I do not like the patriot what another scout might say, kind of fun to see if one is correct or not not based on what you see yourself.   A Michigan fan a few months ago brought up some PFF topic that had Michigan as the top or one of the top rated defensive backfields in the nation especially at corner.  Sure those guys are good but honestly they were not that amazing in pass defense last year I thought but these "statistics" said it, I say it was because the pass rush that they has was a big reason why they were even ranked high at all.  Good corners they have yes but not sure how elite that secondary is overall.  Sure grading can be important but football at times does come down to more than just a statistical grade on a position.

And sure K-State is a top 10 OL in the nation no question, you said could be the best, I just doubt that especially in terms of a talent level.  Risner is the only star and the rest have never even been All conference even in the Big 12 much less nationally.  And sure Wisconsin and K-State do not give up many sacks and run the ball a lot.  That is a big reason why they do not give up as many sacks because they run the ball and had a different offense than most.  If you pass the ball only 15-20 times a game that is not much pass protection that has to be done compared to throwing it 50 times a game.  Sure you might think the TEs and FBs are not key to that run game but without them it would absolutely not be the same.  If they tried to run with no TEs much less no FB it would be a different thing totally.  They need that wall and the large tall TEs help get that and are key, sure they are not the driving force and I did not say they were, but they are absolutely important.  Very similar to Alabama a few years back with massive TEs like Michael Williams and Vogler to complement that huge powerful offensive line.

Based on years of following college football rarely are players actually as big as they are listed.  I just assume everyone is 1-2 inches shorter than how they are listed.  But sure I cannot compare to you a relative of the man, so no I do not have every players exact physical measurements like that.  If he is longer than he looks and as tall, that would be great.  Still to me looks a little squatty but if he does have that arm length that will help a lot.  I like the guy but yeah need to watch him more and first impression of him was what I said earlier. The fact I even have Beecham included in such a list is impressive I find, I doubt many are talking about him right now in terms of the NFL Draft.  And yes I will be watching more of him this season no doubt and will see if he can climb up the list.  In terms of just Big 12 stuff, I do not feel he is better than Keyes though and Alvarez I expect a huge season for him after missing last year with injury, and Vahe sure might have him a little overrated but he has some talent and has been a solid prospect for awhile.  That will be great if Beecham and Risner are both on the same side this year, could have a ton of production that way no question, and last year Beecham seemed to pull a lot to Risner's side which was a nice motion.  Overall though K-State what has a new coordinator 1st year coordinator at every coaching position offense and defense, will see if that effects the team.  

Since you are a K-State homer in a way, looking at the roster once more on K-State website, where is Dayton Valentine?  He was a RS JR last year, did he end his career after he graduated and not take a fifth year?  I see on his twitter he still has K-State stuff on the banner but he is not on the roster and someone else is #88.  If that is the case that is too bad, I liked watching him play and he could of helped them a lot this season especially at FB potentially.  As for Kaltmayer, the kid is a RS SOPH and was a RS FR last year, sure he has not beat someone out but give him some time, I would not be surprised if he beat out Fratz but will see what happens, no question he will be a starter next season though in 2019.  

I also hear Connor McGovern is moving back to guard from center potentially at Penn State and I love that, have said before I like him more as a guard and has a chance to play a little more aggressively there, will see how he does.

In regards to PFF I already gave my reasons for taking their stats, grades and analysis (they watch every play of every game and grade every player not just a select few, former NFL Players who played the position do the grading, consensus is used for final grading. My point is taking evaluations from a trusted source along with your own evaluations as well as other factors (size, length, competition level etc) would give a more complete picture. PFF has flaws and some misses of course they do but they also hit on a lot of players early before they hit everyone’s radar for example: they have been high on Risner for 3 years. They were high on Will Hernandez and Isaiah Wynn before they blew up during bowl games, Senior Bowl and NFL Combine. They are pretty spot on with a lot of prospects in my opinion.

In regards to Kansas State OL being one of the best in the Nation, I am not the only one that thinks that:

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/College-footballs-top-positional-units-entering-2018-120507486/#120507486_1

In regards to Risner you say he is the only “Star” on the OL, so what in your eyes constitutes a “Star” first round pick? 

You also again went with “assumptions” and did not research when you said “Risner is the only star the rest have NEVER even been All Conferance even in the Big 12 much less nationally”

Scott Frantz: 2018 Preseason All Big 12, 2nd team (Athlon Sports)

2016 All Bowl Team (Associated Press and USA Today)

2015 Big 12 All Freshman Team (1st team)

Adam Holtorf: 2018 Preseason All  Big 12 (2nd team Athlon Sports)

2018 Rimington Watch List Nominee

Tyler Mitchell and Abdul Beecham: 2018 Preseason All Big 12 3rd team(Athlon Sports)

In regards to passing you are right Kansas State does not pass a lot (about 40% of the time per game) but that doesn’t mean they are not great pass blockers. If you watch their games you know that we don’t have elite receivers or an elite Qb so when we throw it takes “time” for the players to get open. I have seen K-State OL hold blocks for 5 seconds or more. That is an eternity in football passing game. As for Beecham again he is a legit 6”3” 315lbs, 33.5 Arms and 82 inch wingspan. His length is elite for Tackles and he is a guard. I don’t think his height will be an issue. Will Hernandez 6”2” Isaiah Wynn 6’3”. Also you are right about not much buzz or talk on Beecham in regards to NFL draft. However hopefully playing next to Risner who is on the radar will put some spotlight on Beecham and maybe he can come out of nowhere like Hernandez and Wynn.

In regards to Keyes and Alvarez being better than Beecham, that is your opinion. Beecham played the entire season including the bowl game vs UCLA with a completely torn labrum. He started every game and although his range of motion was restricted by a huge shoulder brace he still stood out to you and I have already posted what PFF has stated about him. He is completely healed and is destroying people in practice as he can go full speed and engage without his shoulder popping out. Just a little note on Alvarez. You stated you wanted to see what he could do after missing last season due to injury and you had him as a 4th round pick in 2019 draft.......no way. First he wasn’t injured he CHOSE to redshirt as a Senior because he could not beat out Wren at Center nor Powers or Samia at guard. He knew Wren would be gone so he thought he would automatically get the starting center spot this year. Well Creed Humphries has something to say about that. A friend of mine who is a Oklahoma insider told me Creed will be the starter when the season starts. Creed is bigger and more athletic and more in the mold of the type of player the OL Coach wants. Alvarez most likely won’t start on his own team and missed all last season voluntarily don’t see him getting drafted much less 4th round

In regards to Valentine he decided to not play any more and pursue his dream of becoming an Air Traffic Controller. His replacement will likely be Blaise Gammon(6”7” 260) and he can catch (hopefully we throw him some passes) Our FBs will most likely be Adam Harter(6’2” 245) or Luke Sowa (6’3” 235) Harter has nice hands he had 7 catches for 60 yards in the spring game. Sowa is more in the mold of Dimel. Sowa had 2 carries for 39 yards and TD in the spring game. Also watch out for Chabastian Taylor a 6”4” 230 specimen. He is a big bodied receiver who High points the ball and is a red zone match up nightmare. He had 5 catches for 118 yards and 2TDs in spring game. 

I think we will be fine with the loss of some key players if the new OC uses his weapons and opens up the offense a little