2019 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+ Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

Week 1: (Thursday)

*Jace Sternberger JR TE Texas A&M:
What a great looking prospect.  I absolutely love his athletic ability and how he is able to totally stretch the field.  Very good speed and is an overall athlete at TE.  Is not worthless blocking either, sure has to do it against better competition but kid could be a real breakout star this year.  Transfer from Kansas and JUCO route, seems to have really gotten himself into being a very good pass catching TE somehow. To me looks like he has some big time ability at TE no question about it.  Extremely interesting talent for sure at the position.

*Donnell Greene RS SR OT Minnesota:
I like the guy but hope to see more of what he showed in this game as the year goes on.  Was a beast out there just totally mauling the defender and driving them to the ground more than once.  Could of course just be the level of competition but as a potential RT in the NFL he shows a lot of ability.  I had him as a late round draft pick to start the year but might have to change that to more of a middle round guy.  Good first game by him, was a nasty blocker, good aggression.

*Rondale Moore FR WR Purdue:
What a game by him, talk about showing up.  Was all over the field making plays in the return game, as a WR and as a runner even on jet sweep action.  Amazing open field speed and quickness as well.  Could be a massive weapon in his time at Purdue and absolutely blew the doors off his first game playing in college.  Big time speed and athletic ability, similar to Tyreek Hill arguably when he was on OK State.  Now will see if he can keep it up as the season goes on.

*Paddy Fisher RS SOPH ILB Northwestern:
I liked the kid last year, he is simply in the right spot almost all of the time.  Sure missed some tackles in the game but how he can arrive so quickly and make big plays behind the line of scrimmage is impressive.  Love his size and instincts, I think he could come out early and be a 1st rounder maybe with a great year.  Regardless the kid can play and is one of the best ILB prospects in the country.

*Markus Bailey JR LB Purdue: I love that kid, he plays so aggressively and is super quick to the football.  Brought him up this summer, liked him then and like him even more now.  Is a nice looking prospect and could be a late round pick if not higher even if he comes out this year.  Love his leadership and intensity and could say he could play ILB or OLB.  Tackles very well, is a nice form tackler and is a true leader of that defense.

*Zach Annexstad FR QB Minnesota:
For a first start as a walk-on player, it was impressive.  Has tons of intangibles at the QB spot, throws the ball on time and accurately.  Does not have an amazing arm or great spiral but does get the ball where it needs to go and safely takes deep shots that are not easily intercepted.  Either his guy gets it or no one does.  Smart player, I liked how he pushed the ball down field and was confident.  Impressed with him and in terms of potential he has a lot of upside.  Before the season started I thought he would win that starting job and good for him he did.  Seems to be a solid leader as well and a confident kid, will see how he does as the year goes on.

*Tyler Johnson JR WR Minnesota: 
The kid is a smooth natural playmaker.  Good ball skill sand good run after the catch ability.  With maybe improved QB play he could really have a breakout season.  Caught onto things quickly in college, has flashed at times and seems to get better every year.  See if he can take it to the next level.  Did have a drop or two in this game but overall his route running is pure and is usually very sure handed.

*McKenzie Milton JR QB UCF:
I might underrate Milton a little.  Kid is a damn accurate QB who is great at throwing on the move and super accurate with the football.  Sure it was not against a very good defense of course, but if he keeps this up he will oddly enough not be that far off from being another Baker Mayfield type talent.  With his ability to move in the pocket and throw darts out there with good velocity and accuracy.  

*Blake Cashman SR LB Minnesota:
I really liked him two years ago, last year he was totally invisible at times.  Nice to see him back to making plays, was good in coverage and also good at getting into the backfield.  Is an athletic linebacker who can make plays and is good at blitzing off the edge.  I like him and if he has a solid year could easily be found in the late rounds of the draft potentially with his athletic ability.  Could be a demon 3/4 ILB with his ability to blitz and cover.

*Rashod Bateman FR WR Minnesota:
I need to see more of him but wow he made some impressive plays out there and really flashed I thought.  Smooth looking athlete with big time speed and nice size and ability to catch the ball.  Very natural pass catcher who could be a potential star down the road for Minnesota.  I was quite impressed with the flashes he made in that game.

*Nate Hall RS SR OLB Northwestern:
A impressive OLB prospect who could easily be a late round pick in the draft potentially if he plays well this year.  Good athletic ability at linebacker, can play in space yet still has some toughness to tackle in the box as well.  Good active linebacker no question and his overall tackling versatility make him an interesting prospect I think.

*Jazz Ferguson RS JR WR Northwestern State:
Former LSU transfer of course.  Sat out last year as a redshirt, be curious if he comes out for the draft this season.  Is a huge athletic kid though at WR.  Sure needs to work on some things but could potentially blow up on Northwestern State, especially when the season gets easier.  Did play very well against a decent school in this game.  Athletically he is extremely impressive that is for sure, only thing missing for him is production because did not do much of that at all on LSU.

*Seth Green RS SOPH TE/WR Minnesota:
Is a big athletic kid and smart of them to get him in the game and use him.  Will probably just be a power RB type in that wild cat formation but did a good job and is a strong thick athlete.  Be curious if he can flash at all as a TE or WR.  WR might be hard with the depth they have but if he can get blocking down he could be a weapon pass catching TE.  Hyped up recruit but nice to see him have some success early in the year.

*Rodney Smith SR RB Minnesota:
Is easy to forget about as a prospect at times but looked solid for his first game.  Has had a decent career, will see if he can go out strong as a SR without Brooks with him for most of the year.  Will get the chance to be that man this year, see if he can improve on his ability to break tackles.  Agile RB who follows his blocks well, just needs to be consistently productive and stay healthy which he has not done over his career.

*Terell Smith FR CB Minnesota:
I need to see him more no question but is apparently the fastest CB prospect to come into the Big Ten in 10 years or something.  Not sure how accurate that is but kid did flash at times as a CB in a big position of need for them.  Has more of a RB build but did cover ok out there at times and showed his speed.  Will see how he does as the season goes.

*Carter Coughlin JR OLB/DE Minnesota:
A nice edge rushing talent that seems to get better and better every year.  Could maybe be a 3/4 OLB potentially.  Is able to get consistent pressure in the backfield, will see how he does throughout the year.  Was one of a few bright spots in a so so defense last year, will see if he can be as productive when things get a little harder in terms of competition.

*Kiondre Thomas RS SOPH CB Minnesota:
Is not a great CB prospect but was active out there.  Did get beat a lot but competed hard and has a decent build to him as a corner.  Nice thickness and size.  Will see how he does later in the year, moves well out there but does need to work on his ball skills and anticipation.

*Antonie Winfield Jr. RS SOPH S Minnesota:
Did have a ok game, nice to see him back healthy.  Was very surprised he was a return man in the punt game.  He never really did that at all earlier in his career and I was not sure he had that type of ball skills.  Did make that one great return showing some impressive run after the catch ability.  Will see how he does with that later this year, I thought he was kind of shaky catching the punts and when not to catch them, but did make that one explosive rush which was impressive.  Again will see how he is in the secondary when the competition gets real.

Disappointed:

Elijah Sindelar RS JR QB Purdue - Did not play well I thought, sure has a big arm but made some bad throws and big time turnovers that in some ways lost them the game.  Sure is more talented than Blough but if one turns it over that much who cares about throwing the ball far.  Will see how he does later in the year but it is not a huge surprise he played like this.  Some talked him up as this amazing QB talent, I just do not see that yet in him at all.

Terrill Hanks SR OLB NW St - Was not that productive I thought in this game.  Is always talked about during the games as this NFL prospect at LB.  At times can show that but was not strong at the point of attack, did not get much of a rush on the QB either and played like a slow safety at times out there instead of a tough athletic linebacker.  Made some plays sure but he needs to show he is stronger at the point of attack and able to take on blockers, get off them and make plays behind the line of scrimmage.  In a big game against better competition he did not impressive I thought and did not flash much.

DeShawnte Lloyd SR DT NM St - Talked about him last week a little bit.  Did not show up much in this game at all.  Was not that impactful and was outplayed by his teammate Roy Lopez who might end up being a better prospect at DT.  Did not flash that is for sure.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

Week 1: (Friday/Saturday)

*Tua Tagovailoa SOPH QB Alabama:
Wow what a 1st game by him.  For a full game hard to not be wildly impressed with him.  He was calm in the pocket, obviously moves well and throws very well on the run.  Accurate, mobile and a good kid and a good leader.  Should be well worth the 1st round grade come 2020.  All he needs is time to prove himself and wow, that Bama offense looks completely different with him in there.  Calvin Ridley would have looked like a different player with Tua throwing him the ball.

*Derrick Brown JR DT Auburn:
I probably underrate him a little bit.  Had a dominating game week 1 and looked really great out there.  Never actually got home but caused huge problems on that Washington OL and blew up a lot of players.  Big strong kid and could be a great NT in the NFL.  With this kind of play against that quality of an opponent, if he keeps this up just add him to the list of 1st round prospects on the DL in the 2019 draft.

*Deionte Thompson RS JR S Alabama:
I liked him late last year and this year looks totally on his game.  Was all over the field, very good range at safety and can tackle when he gets to the spot.  Good size, length and athletic ability.  I had him as a 1st rounder this year potentially and still think that.  Kid can play and be a very effective safety, no question about that, fine first game for him.

*Jontrell Rocquemore RS SR S Utah State:
I liked him as a sophomore player and he is looking good as a senior.  He is so fundamentally sound as a safety, plays with good technique and in this game showed a surprising amount of power as a tackler and able to be a good blitz option off the edge.  Played a little in the slot and around the line of scrimmage more than I thought he would.  Really nice looking talent I think with a great first game, one to watch for in the middle of the draft, sound safety prospect.

*Parker Baldwin SR S SDSU:
Really impressed with his ability to come down in the box as a safety and make really sound form tackles.  Worst case he is a special teams star in the NFL potentially.  Still need to see more out of him in coverage but was a very aggressive and powerful tackler in this game I thought.  Good size and might be a converted OLB in the NFL will see, depends on his coverage.  Should be a late round draft pick though if he keeps playing this way, nice looking prospect.

*Devin Singletary JR RB FAU:
Did not have a great game but wow that kid has big time ability.  Amazing at making quick cuts and can change directions on a dime.  Good athlete, good at running routes as well and should be a flat out steal in the 2nd round.  Is not surrounded by much talent on FAU but is a massive reason of that team having success.  Nice looking player and easily is one of the best RBs in the up coming draft if he decides to come out early which he probably will.

*Kyler Murray RS JR QB Oklahoma:
Wow he looked great I thought, never looked that calm in the pocket and was always a great athlete but made some good firm throws.  Could be a waste of time even talking about him because he is most likely going to play baseball and get his Millions that way.  Still for his first game as a starter I was impressed with how more calm he looked and controlled he was as a passer.  Before he was just an athlete out there who could run, now combo that with his improved accuracy OU could do big things this year.

*Will Grier SR QB West Virginia:
I might underrate him that is for sure.  Had a very good game but did not play a great defense of course.  Has seemed to tighten up on his accuracy and his pocket mechanics as well.  Did not rely so much on running and throwing on the move in this game and was able to make accurate throws in the pocket without moving around and getting off his spot.  Nice first showing, keeps this up might not be much of a competition to who is the best QB come the 2019 draft.  Still needs to prove that when it counts against the best though so will wait till then.

*Alohi Gilman RS SOPH S Notre Dame:
Who in the world is this guy, very impressive play by the Navy transfer I think.  Was all over the field making tackles and even showed up in pass defense as well with some deflections.  Very tough kid and tough tackler.  Lucky for Notre Dame because they were a little weak at safety, not any more with this kid.  Good player and potential NFL prospect no question with that tackling ability in the open field.

*Joe Bachie JR ILB Michigan State:
I liked him last year and if he keeps playing this well the kid could easily come out early for the draft and maybe even be a 1st round pick.  Really nice looking prospect that made a great play late in that game to seal it.  Very active blitzing linebacker, plays with great effort and great athletic ability.  Is an all around player who is quite a solid talent I think.

*Jordan Love RS SOPH QB Utah State: 
Really impressive game by him I thought.  Nice looking athlete at QB but is not a run first QB at all.  Stands in the pocket well and makes good strong throws in the pocket.  Has a good accurate arm and really impressive in a difficult environment to play in.  Impressed no question with him as a QB prospect and is totally one to watch as the season goes on.

*AJ Bush RS SR QB Illinois:
His career is just like, what the hell happened.  But great to see him finally get a chance to start and do well in a game.  Is not a QB prospect I do not think but is obviously a big time athlete and maybe could make the switch to WR in the NFL.  Was a big part in the win for Illinois, will see how he does this season, interesting talent for sure despite basically not doing anything on the two schools he was at before this, Nebraska and Virginia Tech.

*JJ Arcega-Whiteside RS JR WR Stanford:
I liked him a ton last year and played amazing for his 1st game.  I thought he was a borderline 1st rounder and with this level of play he might be able to climb to being a mid 1st round pick.  Great size and athletic ability, looks in better shape this year and overall in better condition.  Is such a big body and runs so well, really great game by him and is the main reason they even won the game I think.

*Jerry Tillery SR DT Notre Dame:
Kid had a great game and really got consistent pressure into the backfield all game long.  Could have easily been the OL play making him and some others look good but still.  Had a great game and showed for sure he is one to watch at DT in the mid to later rounds of the draft this up coming year.  Could rise even higher if he plays like this consistently.

*Big Kat Bryant SOPH DE Auburn:
One of many DLs on Auburn who played well.  Nice to see him do some things on the edge though, especially at that size, he is a nice edge rusher who can bring some speed to the game and still has enough power to hold his own on the field.  Nice looking prospect and is part of a great DL front for Auburn no question.

*Reggie Corbin RS JR RB Illinois:
I like how he made defenders miss in the open field.  I have not really noticed him much in his career but he flashed some grit and playmaking potential in this game I thought.  Decent speed and build, will see if he can keep this up as the season goes on.

*Ryan Davis SR WR Auburn:
The kid is lightning fast and is a potentially great punt return man or return man in general.  Is very dangerous with the ball in his hands and should be a potential mid to late round draft pick just on his return ability alone.  Big time weapon and is dangerous with the ball in his hands no question.

*Darrell Williams SR ILB Auburn:
Was very active out there, made plays all over the field and was the best linebacker on Auburn in that game I think.  Was a lot more active than times I have seen him before.  Quick to the ball and even flashed in coverage at times also.  Is helped by a great DL ahead of him but if he keeps this up could be a decent mid round draft pick, will see how he season goes.

*Antoine Brooks Jr JR S Maryland:
I need to watch him a lot more but he really showed up tackling as a safety.  Good energy out there, competitive kid that hit hard.  If he can show he can cover as a safety might be an interesting prospect with that tackling ability.  Still regardless if he tackles that well with that much aggression special teams no doubt he could hang around at in the NFL for sure.  Will be one to watch this season on Maryland.

*Chase Claypool JR WR Notre Dame:
Have not noticed him much but in this game he showed up I think.  Very impressive looking athlete for his size, really smooth out there and is a massive kid that moves really well.  Could have a real breakout season this year no question about it.  Just needs to keep working on his speed, route runner and hands, could be a NFL prospect down the line.  

*Te'von Coney SR OLB Notre Dame:
I liked him a lot last year and he played great for his first game.  Was all over making tackles showing good speed and flow to the football and was good out there.  Could play OLB or ILB in a 3/4 potentially, nice looking athlete and part of a surprisingly solid Notre Dame defensive unit overall.

*Jake Browning SR QB Washington:
Was just getting beat up back there but showed a lot of grit to fight back and make that a game when really it should have been a blowout.  Showed some good passing touch and taking advantage of that weak secondary especially when compared to the front 7.  Had a good game, still is a mid to late round pick but hard to argue with what he has done overall in his career, kid can play and has accomplished a lot.

*Shy Tuttle SR DT Tennessee:
Flashed a lot more than in years previous.  Was one of the few DLs on Tennessee making plays.  Looks to be in better shape and played better all throughout the game and not just in short periods of time.  Could be a fine year and make himself into being a drafted prospect, will see.

*Shea Patterson JR QB Michigan:
I think he played ok for his first game at Michigan on the road.  Had an awful OL blocking for him that rarely provided any protection.  But the kid at least cared and that showed at the end of the game, looked like he cared more about the loss that some of the other Michigan players that have been there for 3-4 years.  Patterson should do just fine this year I think

*Marquise Brown JR WR Oklahoma:
I liked him last year and should be even better this year.  Kid has great speed and quickness, is a huge weapon and is easily one of the most dangerous receivers in the nation.  With a big year would not be surprised to see him be a 2nd round pick if not late 1st rounder maybe.

*Rodney Anderson RS JR RB Oklahoma:
Another player I might underrate.  Did look very good out there and his combination of size and speed is pretty rare.  Nice looking prospect and will be very interesting to see how he does this season without Mayfield.  Then again Murray is very hard to handle as well and will take some pressure off whoever is running the ball be it Sermon or Anderson they will be hell to stop.

*Jaylen Waddle FR WR Alabama:
Wow Bama has found another threat at punt return.  Kid looks like a pretty legit return man who is confident out there and solid at catching the football and making plays with it.  Sure could just be that one game but last year they struggled finding that return man who was not a starting defensive back of receiver.  With Waddle he is neither so could be a nice weapon for them with a good skill.

*Ross Pierschbacher  RS SR C/OG Alabama:
I was impressed with his play, always have liked him as a guard and has played for awhile as a starter on Alabama.  Now I like him even more with his ability to show he can play center and be quite good at it.  Will see if he and that OL can be that solid as the competition gets better because they looked good and played well running the ball and in pass pro.

*Raequan Williams RS JR DT Michigan State:
Is a nice looking athlete and had a good productive game getting into the backfield.  Thick kid, put together well and will see how well he does this season.  Needs to become an more elite inside rusher who is consistent game in and game out.

*Felton Davis III SR WR Michigan State:
I liked him a lot last year and he had a solid game this week.  Absolutely love how strong his hands are, made some insane catches in that game and showed off great hand strength to hold onto the ball in difficult situations.  Big strong WR, needs to flash some speed more but is a solid player and should be a good mid round draft pick.

*Dax Raymond RS JR TE Utah State: 
I need to watch him play more but the kid is an active TE who is tough and athletic.  Good pass catcher who can split out wide and make plays.  Does not get a ton of separation but can make contested catches and is a solid weapon on there.  See if he can keep this up as the season goes on which he should.

*Bobby Okereke RS SR ILB Stanford:
I still think he really needs to be more active and consistent.  But the kid did make some solid plays in that game getting behind the line of scrimmage and closing aggressively finishing strong.  Needs to do that more and not just splash once or twice in a game.  His instincts I question some what but is a long athlete with good range, will see if he can keep improve as the year goes on.

*Tipa Galeai RS JR OLB Utah State:
Was hell to deal with off the edge on a few plays.  Super quick and athletic and was able to bend the corner surprisingly well for a player his size.  Is supposed 6-5 which I was surprised by, does not look that big on the film.  Still got some good athletic edge pressures in that game.

*Cody White SOPH WR Michigan State:
I like how he played, was into the game and made some smooth athletic catches at key points for them.  Liked him last year as well, solid athlete who is a nice looking WR that can run solid routes and has good ball skills.

*Connor Heyward SOPH Michigan State:
Nothing amazing about his play but good to see him get some action and no wonder why some other RBs in the program left.  Should be a fine 2nd option for MSU to run the ball and was good when he got into the open and was against smaller defensive backs.  Interesting talent and this year should be a great learning year for him before next season where he will be the man most likely at the position.

*Kasim Hill RS FR QB Maryland:
Played well in that game I thought, had a good quick release, good mechanics and a decent arm for the short throws.  Was accurate and on time.  Still needs to show more but for a first game was solid out there and hit some darts no doubt.  Good fundamental QB base to work on that is for sure, will see how he does during the season.

Others who impressed:

Aaron Fuller JR WR Washington 
Jeshuan Jones FR WR Maryland 
Joshua Jacobs JR RB Alabama 
Nick Coe RS SOPH DE Auburn  
Dylan McCaffrey RS FR QB Michigan
Dylan Moses SOPH ILB Alabama
Jerry Jeudy SOPH WR Alabama
Jedrick Willis SOPH OT Alabama 
Devonta Smith SOPH WR Alabama
Dontavius Russell RS SR DT Auburn 
Chandler Cox SR FB Auburn
Kyahva Tezino RS JR ILB SDSU 
Juwan Washington RS JR RB SDSU 
Ryan Pope RS SR OT SDSU 
Asmar Bilal SR OLB Notre Dame  

Disappointed:

Jon Runyan RS JR OT/OG Michigan - Is not a big time prospect, never has been but wow he is way out of position at tackle.  Totally got dominated in that game and could do little to nothing in terms of pass protection.  Had a rough game and outside of his last name he has not done much as a player, sadly because he is an older prospect and does not have much time left to turn it around.  Doubt he starts long at tackle with that kind of play.

Ben Bredeson JR OG Michigan - Combined with Runyan that side of the OL got really beat up that is for sure.  He got pushed around and did not play a strong game at all.  Again not a great prospect no way but did not impress that is for sure in a big game on the road.

Stanford OL - I mean what the heck was that.  The C and OG spots were a massive question mark, looks like they really missed Burkett out there and seems like Fanaika did not play either.  They used Hamilton at guard they are so desperate and to me he is way out of position as a OG, they just need any solid player at that spot and the backups got handled it looked like at C.  Very shocking how they played when they were one of the most talented OLs in the nation.  I thought they could maybe even be the best, well no way after this performance unless they really improve as a group.  It is just week 1 though, will see what happens. 

Bryce Love SR RB Stanford - Hard to blame him, on the good side he did show great thoughness picking up blocks in the passing game though.  Did not have any space, was hit and when hit was brought down quickly.  Had little room and made almost no impact running the ball in that game.  Quite a shocker considering he was well over a 2000 yard back last year and that was being injured 1/3rd of the season.  At least did not limp in this game, be very curious how he responds in their next outing but at least they did win the game.

KJ Costello RS SOPH QB Stanford - Was in many ways the reason they won the game, with his passing.  But what in the world is with those mechanics in the pocket.  Those throws are so odd with that release.  Not tight at all and his footwork in the pocket was beyond questionable.  I thought he showed a lot last year but my opinion of him was taken back a little in this game.  Very awkward and strange release point and worst part is how he faded away after he threw the ball with his body, like a fade away jump shot at times.  Made some good throws but just did not look comfortable back there and really struggled if and when he was pressured.  Will see how he plays as the year goes on.  At least it is good for him he made some big plays and got the ball to JJ to win the game by making a variety of long throws.

Jalen Hurts JR QB Alabama - Is an outstanding leader no question about it.  Great teammate but yeah he is not Tua and he cannot throw as well as he can.  Improving yes but best case for him is to maybe be a RB in the NFL and even that is a stretch.  Most likely he stays this year, maybe wins another National Title, will graduate then play one more year on a team that wants him as the starting QB.  Great kid though just not really a NFL prospect at QB.  

sad_bama_couple-DMID1-5by5jqelh-500x270.

You will not be seeing many disappointed Alabama fans this year with Tua at QB....

Note: Sadly Mike Dudek had a season ending injury this weekend, third time he had a season ending injury in his career.  After a solid game and I think the kid had NFL potential, especially in terms of a tough slot WR who is a good route runner and has some return ability.  I assume that would mean his career is over, fine player when healthy that is for sure.  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24567822/illinois-wr-mike-dudek-suffers-third-season-ending-injury

Edited by Ozzy

Week 1: (Sunday/Monday)

*Bryce Watts SOPH CB Virginia Tech:
Dang that kid played impressive ball I thought, super tackling ability and filled in on the run a few times like a safety or linebacker.  Showed great hustle on one play running down a ball carrier.  Kid looks like another potential star corner for Virginia Tech.  Let us see if he can continue to improve where some corners of recent past for them flashed and just kind of stayed there level wise and did not get any better over the years.  Fine looking prospect though and part of a surprisingly talented VT defense.  

*Divine Deablo RS SOPH S Virginia Tech:
I liked him last year and wow he is an impressive looking safety.  Build really well, good length and weight, can tackle well and is decent in coverage.  Really good looking prospect and if he has a great year I would not be surprised if he comes out early.  Awesome talent potentially and upside, see what he does in the year.  

*Gerald Willis III RS SR DT Miami FL:
Lived in the backfield in that game at times.  Extremely impressive first showing for him and showed good power and ability to crush the pocket.  Will see how he does against different competition later on in the year.  Looks great coming off that injury though, will see if he can keep it up because he was sure impressive no doubt about it.  

*Yosuah Nijman SR OT/OG Virgina Tech:
Have been watching him for awhile, is just a big thick kid and that size and athletic ability is very impressive.  I liked how he played in this game, showed some good power in his hands on a few plays, able to use that length and keep the defender in control.  Good strong kid and could maybe make a great guard in the NFL with that type of power.  For sure a RT potential as well, nice mid round prospect who could easily climb up into the 2nd round with a fine season.  

*Grant Delpit SOPH S LSU:
Liked him a ton last year and yeah this kid could easily be considered the best safety prospect in the nation regardless of class.  He moves so well on the field, is great in the box and athletic enough in coverage.  Makes a lot of plays and will be fun to watch on that defense who have arguably the best ILB, CB and S on their team in the country.  Will see if they can live up to that this season because the potential is there.  

*Brian Burns JR OLB/DE Florida State:
One of the few bright spots on that DL for FSU, showed his obviously quickness and athletic ability off the edge.  I still feel he might be better as a 3/4 OLB because does not have the thickest build and at times cannot hold the point of attack well.  But as a pure athletic rusher not many better than him, for sure potential top 20 pick come draft time.    

*Ricky Walker RS SR DT Virginia Tech:
Played one heck of a game but could have been just bad OL play he was going against.  More than one VT lineman looked great in this game.  Still Walker was arguably the most productive in terms of getting into the backfield and causing big time issues to a number of plays.  Good looking athlete who could maybe be a great 3/4 DE.  If he keeps this play level up he will be a draft pick no doubt, good motor and power with him.

*Caleb Farley RS FR CB Virginia Tech:
Another corner who played really well.  Showed great makeup speed and able to run under and get a few interceptions.  Like his length and ability to run that is for sure, combined with Watts they have a really solid CB duo.  

*JaCoby Stevens SOPH S LSU:
Really like his size at safety and is one to watch this season.  Combined with Delpit could make one of the best safety combos in the nation no question.  I like his range and length for sure, nice to see him out there starting and getting a chance to make some plays.  

*Houshun Gaines RS JR DE Virginia Tech:
Was very hard for them to deal with in the 2nd half.  Quick off the edge and active, more of a linebacker body than a true DE that is for sure.  Will see how he does as the season goes on, if he can hold the edge at that size and be more than just a speed rusher.  Had a fine game though and was very productive.

Others who impressed:

Trevon Hill RS JR DE Virginia Tech 
Eric Kumah SOPH WR Virginia Tech 
Khalil Lader RS SOPH S Virginia Tech

Disappointed:

Levonta Taylor JR CB Florida State - Did not like how he looked out there.  Had a chance to make one big interception but just missed it.  But his size overall was a massive issue, was attack on the boundary and field sides and was out jumped or out muscled for the football more than once.  Was better I thought in the slot last year and that is where he could be his best arguably.  But they do not see to have enough CB talent to make that work.  Not a good first showing for him, see if he can be a little more quick and anticipation for the football as the season goes on.  Struggled as the out wide corner though, that is for sure.

Deondre Francois Florida State RS JR - I was really high on him after his RS FR year.  But yeah he still gets hit constantly and was pressured throughout this game and made some bad choices with the football.  Has a nice arm but that size is an issue and he either does not always see the field well or he gets balls tipped at the line.  Still has decent potential and could be a mid round pick with good upside.  But no where near this top flight finished prospect he looked like he could be as a RS FR.  Hard game for that entire team especially on offense, they could not block anyone and could barely run the ball either so that hurt Francois.  Hopefully he can stay healthy this year at least, but it will for sure be a test to his leadership ability at QB this season.

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why did Alabama start that running QB last year over Tua? That guy couldn't throw a lick.

Because Jalen Hurts is a great leader, good communicator on the sidelines and his teammates respect him.  He works hard in the weight room and throughout and is a big part of that team, the kid is a key and just how well he handled being benched in that championship game yet still being supportive shows a lot.  I think they just want him to feel apart of the team and not leave, so they can go after another National Title.  Tua even looked better than Jalen in the spring game two years ago much less this past year and now currently in a full game.  But they wanted to give Jalen a shot and technically he did not lose his job till late last year with how that offense played then in the title game was the final straw.  Jalen will graduate apparently in December so he should stay this year then he can transfer after this season if he really wants to as a grad transfer I feel.

47 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Huge blow to what was looking like the deepest top end T class in a while.  

That is too bad for him.  Be curious if he redshirts this year or not.  Honestly though the start of last year I was super high on him but then once he played he did not look all that great not to mention kind of struggling against Alabama as a sophomore in the bowl game.  Has potential no doubt and sure could be the first OT taken but with an injury like this that could change things big time.  Not sure this is a super great OT class, sure Jonah Williams and Dalton Risner are great prospects, but Risner might end up being a guard.  Then you have Hyatt who I still need to see him do some more out there in terms of power and Greg Little who is talented but again need to see a little more out of him.  Not to mention David Edwards who is talented but needs to take that next step and Jawaan Taylor who I love his size but has to be more consistent in how he plays.  So good group but not sure it is a great OT class unless some of these guys have great years and reach some of that potential they have.

The OT much less OL class in general is absolutely nothing compared to the talent on the DL group potentially, that is a fact

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That is too bad for him.  Be curious if he redshirts this year or not.  Honestly though the start of last year I was super high on him but then once he played he did not look all that great not to mention kind of struggling against Alabama as a sophomore in the bowl game.  Has potential no doubt and sure could be the first OT taken but with an injury like this that could change things big time.  Not sure this is a super great OT class, sure Jonah Williams and Dalton Risner are great prospects, but Risner might end up being a guard.  Then you have Hyatt who I still need to see him do some more out there in terms of power and Greg Little who is talented but again need to see a little more out of him.  Not to mention David Edwards who is talented but needs to take that next step and Jawaan Taylor who I love his size but has to be more consistent in how he plays.  So good group but not sure it is a great OT class unless some of these guys have great years and reach some of that potential they have.

The OT much less OL class in general is absolutely nothing compared to the talent on the DL group potentially, that is a fact

If he can get a redshirt year, he absolutely should.   No substitute for game film - plus, as a blessing, he can actually work to finish his degree.  While football will pay him more if he can be a 1st rounder, why not finish the degree.

The T class is nowhere near as good as the DL/EDGE class for sure - but it's still one of the deepest T classes in a few years.   2 years ago, it was basically Ramczyk/Bolles/Robinson, and that group fell hard (DEN reached purely out of need there even at 1.20).   This year,  pretty clear Kolton Miller was a guy 4-5 years ago you'd never dream would go top 15.     It's early, but I had 4-5 guys who could all go top 30 this year, not sure the last time we saw that - while it's a generational draft class for D-line, T is much deeper than in recent years.  No doubt a reflection of the fact the more talented players are being recruited to D.

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If he can get a redshirt year, he absolutely should.   No substitute for game film - plus, as a blessing, he can actually work to finish his degree.  While football will pay him more if he can be a 1st rounder, why not finish the degree.

The T class is nowhere near as good as the DL/EDGE class for sure - but it's still one of the deepest T classes in a few years.   2 years ago, it was basically Ramczyk/Bolles/Robinson, and that group fell hard (DEN reached purely out of need there even at 1.20).   This year,  pretty clear Kolton Miller was a guy 4-5 years ago you'd never dream would go top 15.     It's early, but I had 4-5 guys who could all go top 30 this year, not sure the last time we saw that - while it's a generational draft class for D-line, T is much deeper than in recent years.  No doubt a reflection of the fact the more talented players are being recruited to D.

I did not think 2018 was that bad for OT and OL overall.  Had McGlinchey, Miller, Wynn, Corbett, O'Neill, Christian, Rankin, Orlando Brown, Noteboom and Okorafor, Orlando Brown is a lot better than where he was drafted and O'Neill, Noteboom and Okorafor could have been all picked higher as well based on potential.  Then you have the OG class with Nelson who was a rare talent for sure and Hernandez, Braden Smith, Connor Williams who at times looked like a fine RT prospect also.  Sure one did not have super high elite guys outside of Nelson arguably but that late 1st and 2nd round range had some guys with first round potential I think.  

This up coming class will be interesting, again it depends on how Little, Hyatt and Edwards among others perform.  

But yeah OL play in general, is hard to come by great players. 2016 was solid with Stanley, Conklin, Tunsil, Decker, Ifedi, Spriggs.  But sure some get over drafted because of need or assumed potential, guys like Flowers on the Giants or Donovan Smith.  Just look at Michigan and Florida State, both of those lines got dominated in those games on the OL, and those are two completely upper end programs in the nation.  It is hard to play OL in college, that is for sure, all the undersized blitzing players not to mention the uptempo offense and spread formations with little TE or RB blocking help and the hashmark difference.  Great for the NFL though, can single out the good players easier that way.  I always remember Taylor Lewan, that final year in college he struggled in pass pro a few games and looked bad, now he is a Pro Bowl tackle in the NFL.  I am sure he was blocking an undersized edge rusher who rushed really wide, and they can be a little wild in college rushing the passer because sometimes the QB cannot pickup on things that quick and again little to no RB or TE blocking help at times.  There is a reason pro style offense is a good offense to run, it protects the QB a lot more.

30 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I did not think 2018 was that bad for OT and OL overall.  Had McGlinchey, Miller, Wynn, Corbett, O'Neill, Christian, Rankin, Orlando Brown, Noteboom and Okorafor, Orlando Brown is a lot better than where he was drafted and O'Neill, Noteboom and Okorafor could have been all picked higher as well based on potential.  Then you have the OG class with Nelson who was a rare talent for sure and Hernandez, Braden Smith, Connor Williams who at times looked like a fine RT prospect also.  Sure one did not have super high elite guys outside of Nelson arguably but that late 1st and 2nd round range had some guys with first round potential I think.  

This up coming class will be interesting, again it depends on how Little, Hyatt and Edwards among others perform.  

But yeah OL play in general, is hard to come by great players. 2016 was solid with Stanley, Conklin, Tunsil, Decker, Ifedi, Spriggs.  But sure some get over drafted because of need or assumed potential, guys like Flowers on the Giants or Donovan Smith.  Just look at Michigan and Florida State, both of those lines got dominated in those games on the OL, and those are two completely upper end programs in the nation.  It is hard to play OL in college, that is for sure, all the undersized blitzing players not to mention the uptempo offense and spread formations with little TE or RB blocking help and the hashmark difference.  Great for the NFL though, can single out the good players easier that way.  I always remember Taylor Lewan, that final year in college he struggled in pass pro a few games and looked bad, now he is a Pro Bowl tackle in the NFL.  I am sure he was blocking an undersized edge rusher who rushed really wide, and they can be a little wild in college rushing the passer because sometimes the QB cannot pickup on things that quick and again little to no RB or TE blocking help at times.  There is a reason pro style offense is a good offense to run, it protects the QB a lot more.

I liked the 2018 T class for depth...just not great top-end talent.   Interior OL was insanely good IMO (Corbett & Wynn I think end up inside TBH, adding to great class already there).    Developmental guys for sure.   Thing is, a guy like Miller wouldn't even sniff top-25 - classic Rd2-3 pick in the past.   Need is driving up the price.   2016 stands out in that end.     A lot of the 2018 guys aren't LT material, either, though - which matters less in today's NFL in some respects, but you like to have LT/RT versatility in early picks (and no doubt why Miller got upgraded, the tools to play LT are there....just nowhere near refined or ready).

2016 was the year to get a T if you had to early.   2019 looks like another, or at least, it does, provided more of the top 4-5 guys don't regress or go down hard.   I agree we won't see a lot of top 10 picks on OL - the DL/EDGE class is going to dominate there.  But if you aren't a top 10 team and you need T, 2019 is a good year to combine need with overall BPA (the perfect draft combo - sadly, didn't happen with us in DEN in 2017).    We'll see.

Edited by Broncofan

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I liked the 2018 T class for depth...just not great top-end talent.   Interior OL was insanely good IMO (Corbett & Wynn I think end up inside TBH, adding to great class already there).    Developmental guys for sure.   Thing is, a guy like Miller wouldn't even sniff top-25 - classic Rd2-3 pick in the past.   Need is driving up the price.   2016 stands out in that end.     A lot of the 2018 guys aren't LT material, either, though - which matters less in today's NFL in some respects, but you like to have LT/RT versatility in early picks (and no doubt why Miller got upgraded, the tools to play LT are there....just nowhere near refined or ready).

2016 was the year to get a T if you had to early.   2019 looks like another, or at least, it does, provided more of the top 4-5 guys don't regress or go down hard.   I agree we won't see a lot of top 10 picks on OL - the DL/EDGE class is going to dominate there.  But if you aren't a top 10 team and you need T, 2019 is a good year to combine need with overall BPA (the perfect draft combo - sadly, didn't happen with us in DEN in 2017).    We'll see.

Kolton Miller I feel was a super rare athlete at that massive size. So long and athletic, there is tons to work with and that is why they picked him.  Needed a tackle and he has a great upside.  I feel he had a very strong season last year and was greatly improved on UCLA.  Thought he was more of a late 1st early 2nd round guy but not shocked he went that high.  Sure Denver did the same with Bolles being a special looking athlete and someone one can possibly mold.  But sure that does not always work out, but great athletes will usually be drafted especially if they are big guys on the OL or DL.  

More bad news.  K'Lavon Chaisson who had a great game against Miami this weekend.  Sadly he is out for the year I guess with a injury.  Huge loss for that defense, he was easily their best pass rusher and was poised to have a breakout year.  

The film on Rodney Anderson's knee injury is really worrisome.  The way the knee buckled with planting and non-contact, really hope it's not the ACL, but that's got to be the concern.  That really hurts the top of the RB draft class (Montgomery is tops on my list, but Anderson clearly was a candidate to challenge him).

Hoping for good news, but bracing for the worst:

On 9/8/2018 at 4:15 PM, Broncofan said:

The film on Rodney Anderson's knee injury is really worrisome.  The way the knee buckled with planting and non-contact, really hope it's not the ACL, but that's got to be the concern.  That really hurts the top of the RB draft class (Montgomery is tops on my list, but Anderson clearly was a candidate to challenge him).

Hoping for good news, but bracing for the worst:

Refusing to watch the clip. But that sucks. Seemed like a really nice prospect with his running ability and physical attributes.

Week 2:

*Kylin Hill SOPH RB Miss State:
What a game by him, add another super SOPH RB to the list already there.  Kid just ripped it up in that game and was really impressive.  See if he can keep that up as the season goes on but is a thick RB, nice build and good athletic ability.  Has taken over the starting spot at RB for that team potentially beating out an already 1000 yard rusher from last year.  Nice looking prospect that is for sure, one to watch.  

*Kellen Mond SOPH QB Texas A&M:
Wow, what a game by him.  I honestly did not think of him as a QB prospect based on what he did last year.  His footwork was greatly improved, threw accurate passes and on time.  Made plays and no only with his legs like last year which is running was almost all he did well.  Never thought he could throw the ball like that, what a wonder proper coaching does.  Will see if he can keep this up, amazing game by him that is for sure.

*Laviska Shenault Jr. SOPH WR Colorado:
What a great game by him, big body guy that did a variety of things, played in the slot, in the wild cat and out wide.  Good physical receiver, wish he had a little more speed but if he gets bigger could be a hell of a TE or HB as well.  Still regardless is one to watch out for no doubt because of that size and showed some great hands in the game.  Made huge catches in very good tight coverage, big time breakout game by him and was really the reason they won the game. 

*KaVontae Turpin SR WR TCU:
Kid is easy to forget about with his lack of great pass catching numbers, but is a flat out star return man and that potential alone will get him drafted I feel in the up coming draft.  Has blazing speed and is really dangerous, nice to see him be active in his game in special teams and as a WR.  See if he can keep it up in the return game, that is if they even punt to him.

*Tyrel Dodson JR ILB Texas A&M:
Is a very impressive looking ILB prospect with some great range.  I need to watch him some more no question but very impressive looking athlete who can rush the passer and cover with great range in the middle of the field.  Part of a greatly improved defensive unit on A&M, one to watch as the season goes on.

*Adrian Martinez FR QB Nebraska:
Impressed for his first game I thought, his ability to throw on the move is very rare.  Being able to run and throw across is body very few can pull that off and he did it naturally.  Still long ways to go but in that system if he can get back to healthy after this injury, kid could rip it up no doubt.  Long term NFL prospect, not sure he is that but will sure be exciting to watch in college with that ability to run and throw on the run.

*Darryl Williams RS JR OG Miss State:
Just beasted out on the OL at times in that game, totally crushed the defensive line and pushed them to the ground.  Nice looking guard prospect who opened some big holes, will see if he can keep it up.  Is part of a very solid OL for Miss State, solid looking group for sure.

*Joe Giles Harris RS JR OLB Duke:
Was all over the field making plays in that game.  I have liked him for awhile and his ability in coverage and range is very impressive at OLB.  Kid can consistently make tackles in space and is a good solid athlete.  Could climb up the draft charts quickly this season if he keeps this level of play up.

*Chauncey Rivers RS JR DE Miss State:
Kid has big time rush potential as a DE or DT I feel, very nice looking player who is a fine athlete for his size.  Part of a great DL on Miss State and should be a real force this season and maybe beyond, but would not be surprised if he came out early with a strong year.

*Deandre Baker SR CB Georgia:
Really liked him last year, I think he should be a mid to high 1st rounder but wow awesome game by him.  So aggressive and strong out there, hard to be intimidating as a CB out there but he was with his ball skills and aggression tackling.  Tough in man to man cover skills and good strong hands when getting off blocks and when fighting for the football.  Awesome looking corner who has really round into form this year potentially.

*Jeffery Simmons JR DT Miss State:
Had a great game I thought after his awesome year last season.   Really pushed the offense line around and was great against the run and solid rushing the passer.  Is so athletic and strong, could easily play DT in a 4/3 or play DE in a 3/4.  Is an athletic talent and one of the best DLs in the up coming draft in a super group overall.  

*Greg Eiland RS SOPH OT Miss State: 
Kid is an impressive looking prospect and really played well I thought with that massive length of his.  Huge body and moves well, carries his weight well and moves a lot quicker than one would think a man that big should move.  One to watch for as the season goes on, I do not think he is an early entry guy but who knows if he plays really well this year does have some massive potential as a tackle.

*Tee Higgins SOPH WR Clemson:
Made some insane plays in that game which were very impressive I thought.  Big body WR with very good speed for a man his size.  Should have a great season this year regardless of who the QB is on Clemson.

*Andrew Wingard SR S Wyoming:
Kid was one of the few bright spots for that Wyoming defense.  Kid is a flat out hit man, very good open field tackler, really moves around on defense, comes up in the box then backs out, could cover the slot as well if asked.  Solid tackler and much more aggressive in his game making plays than earlier in the year.  Really like the kid and I think he has 1st round potential and have said that before.  If not will be a flat out steal in the 2nd round, kid can play and has great range as a safety, is all over the place.

*Emanuel Hall SR WR Missouri: 
Is a smooth looking athlete at receiver, good hands and is very natural catching the football.  A little on the thin side but is a nice looking prospect and should put up some big time numbers in that offense with Lock throwing him the football.

*Luke Gifford RS SR OLB Nebraska:
Was all over the field making plays off the edge for a very improved Nebraska defense.  Hopefully he can stay healthy because kid gives great effort and consistently can get after the QB from his 3/4 OLB spot even though he does not have ideal size or standout size.  Will see if he can keep this level of production up as the season goes on.

*Eyioma Uwazurike SOPH DE Iowa State:
Got to love that size for a DE, is a massive kid and carries his weight really well.  Is one to watch in the future because of that size, needs to be more productive and actually get home to the QB.  But he has talent and is part of a solid Iowa State defensive unit, Uwazurike is one to look out for as the season goes forward.  

*Duke Shelley SR CB Kansas State:
Showed off some athletic ability I did not think he had.  Impressive play out there and showed good confidence and aggression as a smaller corner.  Still a long shot and maybe late round draft pick but feisty for a corner and have to like that.

*Albert Okwuegbunam RS SOPH TE Missouri:
Liked him last year and wow he moves great for a big man out there.  Just on his size and athletic ability alone could arguably be the first TE taken in the draft if he keeps playing this well.  Can split out wide and make plays, sure would love him to be a little better blocker but could say that about almost all TEs.  Is a great athlete though and has huge upside I feel.

*Bryce Love SR RB Stanford:
Nice to see him back making plays that is for sure.  Was so shocking how unproductive he was in their first game.  Still needs to press the hole and be aggressive out there and showcase that speed.  Still not sure if he is afraid of injury but yeah his lower body sure is thin and that is a bigger concern than I thought potentially.  Still nice to see him play well and will see how the rest of the year goes.  

*Clelin Ferrell RS JR DE Clemson: 
Dang that kid has some good length and hands as a DE.  Very good at bending the edge and thick enough to hold the point of attack.  Thought he was a little up and down last year but looked really good in this game.  Has been a top flight draft prospect for three years now, would be shocking if he did not come out for the draft this year and be a top 20 pick potentially.

*Mike Rose FR ILB Iowa State:
Was flying around out there making a ton of plays I thought.  Very undersized linebacker but played bigger than his size and as a true freshman is an extremely promising young player for sure.  Part of a solid defensive unit for Iowa State and one to watch for, could be a playmaker in the future with that athletic ability.  

*Jerald Foster RS SR OG Nebraska:
Has a change to be drafted maybe, was a key part of that offense and most of the run success they did have went behind him.  Was able to wall off the defender and make way for some decent gains on the line.  Is a little limited athlete overall but played solid I thought and can hold his own at the point of attack well.

*Jace Sternberger JR TE Texas A&M:
Mentioned the kid already, is an elite TE prospect and arguably the best route runner with great burst and speed at the TE position.  Just hard to handle with his hands and ability to run routes, is an impressive looking talent no doubt.  Big time weapon who has really come on this year.  Must watch player as the year goes on.

*Mohamed Barry RS JR ILB Nebraska:
I liked him last year in the spring game, looked good this year and in that new system should have more ability to move around and make plays.  Good athletic linebacker who can hit in the hole and run.  Wish he was a little stronger and a little better at getting off blocks but when he is free he can make some things happen.  Part of a very improve defensive unit on Nebraska.

*Mecole Hardman JR WR Georgia:
Wow he is a great looking athlete, made some real splash plays after making his name known last year.  Great speed and is an explosive playmaker and return man.  Could easily come out for the draft this up coming year and be a factor as a mid round pick.  Will be interesting how he does this season in terms of production.  

*Greg Dortch SOPH WR Wake Forest:
Was not able to watch him totally in that game but was crazy good as a return man and made some really impressive moves to avoid defenders.  Is a big time talented based on last year and if he can be this productive in the return game he will be an even better prospect.  In terms of playmakers with speed and ability to make you miss, he is as good as they get in college right now.  

*Montez Sweat SR DE/OLB Miss State:
Is a very athletic looking edge rusher that is for sure.  Love his length and beat a few times a very promising offensive line talent in Risner.  Just love his speed and wingspan, could be a great potential 3/4 OLB I feel and for sure should be a 2nd round pick if not maybe higher with a good workout.  Great unit and great DL group overall.

*Garrett Davis RS SR S Houston:
I need to watch him play more but he was very active out there.  Moved well and got two INTs which is great.  Nice movement as a safety and smooth in coverage.  Will see how he does the rest of the year, could be a sleeper prospect at safety, nice pass coverage and ball skills that is for sure.

Others who impressed:

Khalil Davis RS JR DT Nebraska 
Austin Bryant SR DE Clemson 
Joe Gaziano RS JR DE Northwestern 
Jay MacIntyre RS SR WR Colorado 
Greg Ellsworth RS SOPH S Iowa State 
Leo Lewis RS JR LB Miss State
Stewart Reese RS SOPH OT Miss State 
Stanley Morgan Jr. SR WR Nebraska
Drew Jordan SOPH DE Duke 
Elijah Sullivan JR OLB Kansas State
Vavae Malepeai SOPH RB USC

Disappointed:

Nick Fitzgerald SR QB Miss State - Anyone that thinks of him as this great QB prospect is just off base on that.  The kid is not a good passer of the football and only times he can pass it is when he does a RPO and that defense draw in on it and he gets a wide open receiver.  When in pressure he simply cannot get the job done I feel.  Will see how he does in the SEC, but honestly I think he is a position change guy to TE possible, is a good enough athlete I feel to maybe get a shot in the NFL will see.

Justice Hansen RS SR QB Arkansas State - I was not impressed by his play against a big time defense that is for sure.  Could have really helped his draft stock doing well in this game.  Just did not play well and did not do well under pressure or throwing under pressure.  Still has a season to keep improving but not a good showing for him.

Dalton Risner SR OT/OG Kansas State - Did not have a great game, I said before I think he should be moved to guard in the NFL and think that even more now.  Did get beat more than once for pressures or a sack in that game.  Struggled on the edge a few times and has a hard time with length and speed around the corner.  Is a little too stocky possible for tackle but will see.  Still a possible 1st rounder but might not be the cream of the crop like I thought he would have been, will see how the rest of this year goes.

Ty Summers SR LB/DE TCU - I like him still as a prospect but kind of disappointed he was moved up to the DE spot on that defense.  I liked him more as a thumbing ILB and think he is maybe playing out of position on the DL.  Did get some pressures and a sack though, will see if they move him around or if he will stay on the line.  Not sure he has the length or ability to hold the edge as a DE but will see.

Youhanna Ghaifan RS JR DT Wyoming - Expected more out of him in terms of penetrating and making plays.  Still have yet to see him really dominate like he potentially should.  Still his upside is crazy high I feel, has yet to play up to that potential though.  Great feet and fine looking athlete but does need to get more powerful at the point of attack and be able to use that athletic ability and get off blocks better than he has.

Carl Granderson SR DE Wyoming - Did not impress in a big time game for that program.  Made little impact rushing the passer and did not bend the edge well either.  Not quite living up to the hype and could easily say that about the entire defensive unit.  Then again hard to play good D when the offense does little to nothing all game and puts the D on the field constantly after 3 and out.

Antonio Hull SR CB Wyoming - Another Wyoming defender that I thought struggled, is the main corner on that team and I like him physically how he is built but did error on a few tackles and in coverage he just cannot hold up.  Is a tick slow at times when is in position to make plays.  That entire group overall they need to play better but maybe I just overrated them from the get go, will see.  

Overall some surprising defensive units on big time programs that are in many ways lacked a lot of top end NFL talent I feel.  Could be just a bad week but still.

Clemson LB DB units -  Wow it is kind of shocking how bad that secondary and LB unit is in general.  This game they made very few plays and there are not many stars out there.  Really surprising for Clemson to have such a weak secondary, and either Mond is a great QB or that DB unit for Clemson is just bad.  Could be a massive waste of one of the best DL units in college football in years in this secondary is actually this weak.

South Carolina LB DB DL - Yeah that defensive unit is not very good.  The secondary is shockingly not that talented.  Will see if they can improve as the year goes on but they have one or two good LBs and DLs, but the rest of the guys leave a lot to be desired.  I was surprised by that especially with a Muschamp coached team.  That CB and S group really has to improve if they plan on doing anything in the SEC.

USC DL - Surprising how little talent they have on the DL.  Sure they have Gustin and Smith but they have been on that team for awhile.  Not much else shows up on that defense besides them in that front seven, not many DL playmakers at all.  At least in this game it seemed.

Florida State DB LB - They had some talent at DB I thought coming into the year but wow they have looked bad especially their upper end talent in that unit.   The linebackers are making little to no plays as well.  Just overall the group has really struggled and that defensive identity FSU usually has seems to be gone, at least for now.  Even the DL has not played great but that secondary has been just bad at times.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 11:48 AM, Jeezla said:

How has Miles Sanders looked through his first 2 games?

I have not got a huge chance to see him those first few games but then again look at the defensive competition level.  Sure he put up ok statistics but it will matter a lot more how he does against Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa.  Did already increase his rush total after two games and has more yards than he has ever had the first two seasons at Penn State which is good for him.