2019 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+ Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think he's arguably faster. Thomas is a freaking BLAZER. Richards hasn't really impressed me all that much to be honest.

Hard to impressed when you are injured, and I assume you know that Ahmmon Richards career is over.  He had to retire because of that neck injury which is too bad, showed a lot of talent and upside as a freshman and even last year before the injury...  

11 hours ago, Danger said:

Penn State: 

Connor McGovern has not played all that well this season. He's a mid round pick if you ask me.
Juwan Johnson has very unreliable hands especially for someone of his size.
DeAndre Thompkins is garbage.

I agree Thompkins has not played well this season especially as a senior.  Showed flashes of return potential last year and playmaking, has not done much of that at all this year.  Hamler has greatly out performed all the other WRs on Penn State.  I also agree Johnson is some what disappointing, still is a impressive talent and has his moments but should be a lot more dominating than he has been.  

McGovern I like, there are not a lot of good interior offensive lineman out there, I think he is one of them and I really like he is back at guard.  Could argue a majority of the top rated offensive lineman are not playing great.  The Stanford OL has been wildly inconsistent and a big disappointment and at times Wisconsin's OL has as well, the clear #1 OL in the nation but do not always play like it and struggle at the OT spot and some guys have not developed as they should.  So yeah offensive line is hard and not many really solid guys are out there I feel.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Hard to impressed when you are injured, and I assume you know that Ahmmon Richards career is over.  He had to retire because of that neck injury which is too bad, showed a lot of talent and upside as a freshman and even last year before the injury...  

...I had no idea this was the case. Crazy...

11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

...I had no idea this was the case. Crazy...

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2018/10/6/17946782/breaking-report-confirmed-miami-hurricanes-wr-ahmmon-richards-career-over-due-to-neck-injury

Yeah it is too bad, impressive that Miami still allows him to be under full scholarship so at least he can finish out his degree.  Same thing happened to Malek Young on Miami as well in January, career over because of an injury.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2018/10/6/17946782/breaking-report-confirmed-miami-hurricanes-wr-ahmmon-richards-career-over-due-to-neck-injury

Yeah it is too bad, impressive that Miami still allows him to be under full scholarship so at least he can finish out his degree.  Same thing happened to Malek Young on Miami as well in January, career over because of an injury.

I knew about Young's injury, but I kind of always felt like Richards would be back. Sucks. But it wouldn't matter who was at WR with the two piles of dog poop that Miami has been trotting out at QB this year.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:06 AM, Ozzy said:

Cade Carney and Colburn on Wake impressed me running the ball against BC, but have not done as much later on especially Colburn.  But behind any good run game is a good OL so for sure I will have to check out Ryan Anderson later on this year, just on size I alone he is very interesting, I always like bigger taller centers.  

Henderson is an elite talent I agree and could be a fringe 1st round prospect by the end of the season maybe.  Will be very interesting how he does against Missouri later this week.  Has such a solid build to him and that kind of production is hard to not be impressed with.  Has played some crap defenses though but still that kind of production is really impressive.

Swift is a better all around back than Holyfield and is a better athlete, but liked the toughness Holyfield showed in that game and will see if he can keep that up.  Swift is a more dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hands in space though.  Oddly enough Georgia like Bama, no back can really succeed at a high level because they rotate so many, hard to get a good look when you only get 20-30% of the carries on the team compared to a guy getting 60-70% of the carries.  

WF vs Florida St. today. Not sure how good Florida States interior DL is, but watch the WF Center for a bit if you get the chance, and tell me what you think. He was manhandling Tillery at times when WF played ND. And check out the LG too. He supposedly one of those dudes who could put up 40ish reps at the combine.

Week 8:

*Andre Dillard SR OT Washington State: 
What a force out there, wildly impressed with his play.  I need to watch him more but kid looks like an absolute star OT.  Has a great first punch, strong hands and good feet.  Very solid in pass protection no doubt about it, really interesting in watching him play more.  Seems so solid out there with his footwork and ability to keep his hands on the defender and move them where he wants.    Could really rise up the draft boards and maybe be a 2nd or even 1st round pick.  I have to see him more however I say again, but first impression kid is a really solid offensive tackle no doubt.  

*Juan Thornhill  SR S Virginia:
Brought him up last week, impressed again in this game.  Such a rangy safety able to cover a lot of ground, cover TEs and has CB skills in terms of his reaction to the football.  Having an awesome year and is climbing up the draft boards I think.  Dominating game by him and that entire Virginia defense I thought.  Thornhill could make his way into being a 2nd or 3rd round pick I feel, is really showing out well his senior year.

*Jalen Thompson JR S Washington State:
What a game by him, has been a good player for awhile but has taken it to another level I think this year.  Amazing reaction time as a safety, was able to break on the ball and get his hands on it more than once.  Is a physical hitter as well, good athletic ability and range.  Brings aggression to his tackling and combine that with his ball skills the kid is an elite safety.  Could be a mid round draft pick if he comes out this year and potential 1st rounder maybe if he returns as a SR.  Awesome game by him, was just all over the field making plays for a defensive unit that is surprisingly productive and solid for Washington State.

*Josh Uche JR DE/OLB Michigan:
Really is coming on strong with Gary being out.  Is a big time speed rusher off the edge and can really bring some aggressive pressure.  Could be a potential 3/4 OLB I feel and has put on some weight which has helped.  Has shown up as a rush end though no doubt about it, really productive and is one to watch in the future.  Nice looking player taking the most of the chance he has got.  

*Zane Zandier SOPH ILB Virginia:
What a game by him, mentioned him last week and was even more impressed with him this week.  Is a really active and athletic linebacker who is a big hitter and has good quickness and speed for the position.  All over the field making plays and is a instinctive kid who is around the football.  Great looking prospects and is one of the more promising young linebackers I have seen so far, could be a good one.

*Bryce Hall JR CB Virginia:
Amazing game by him once more, showed some big time playmaking ability out there and plays a lot bigger than his height which is already solid.  I bet his wingspan is 6-4 or more, can really get around the receiver and knock down the football.  Like his potential last year and he is becoming quite a player, even playing at a level where he could maybe come out early for the draft and be a 2nd rounder or higher.  Big time prospect and again is playing some great football.

*Kenny Willekes RS JR DE Michigan State:
Really impressed rushing off the edge and got some big time pressure in that game and made a huge impact at times.  Coming on strong this season after not doing a ton earlier in his career.  Has good quickness and motor for sure, has enough toughness I feel to play in a 4/3 DE position as well.  Still has some work to do but is an interesting talent, hopefully he comes back another year and develops even more as a player.  

*Lucas Niang JR OT TCU:
Is a mountain of a man no question about it.  Is just huge out there and is a very promising prospect I feel.  Good solid base to him and long arms, could develop into a big time talent but I do feel he needs to come back to school again for another year.  Big time upside and potential though, nice looking talent.

*Gardner Minshew RS JR QB Washington State:
Is a wonderful QB prospect that had an amazing game I feel.  Has really come out of nowhere, I mentioned him earlier this year and he just keeps getting better and better.  Accurate player, great fundamental play, is awesome at checking down the football and taking the easy pass and what the defense gives.  Good game manager for sure who is a good leader and has really made this Washington State team into being a contender for sure.  Very poised in the pocket, can throw on the move but is not a run first QB at all, can make plays on the move but has good pocket awareness.  Awesome game by him, I believe he is a RS JR and could become a very interesting talent if he comes back for next season, huge win and one of the biggest for that program in a long time.  

*James Williams RS JR RB Washington State:
Absolutely love how he can catch the ball out of the backfield, that ability alone will probably allow him to be drafted in the NFL.  Is a good athlete, could get more rush yards if they ran if more with him but he does share time with another back.  Had a few huge runs in this game where he showed great balance and vision.  Really interesting looking prospect and is surprisingly comfortable at catching the football out of the backfield and is a huge weapon in that regard.  

*Markus Bailey JR LB Purdue:
I have talked about him for awhile, kid is a potential star linebacker and could easily come out early for the draft this season.  Great in space for his size, tackles well in the box as well.  Could play in a 3/4 or a 4/3 I believe, had a wildly productive game with a huge win against Ohio State.  Is surprisingly decent in coverage as well, tough kid and good leader, one of the better more solid all around linebackers in the up coming draft if he decides to come out early.  

*Rondale Moore FR WR Purdue:
Have brought him up more than once, brought him up week 1 actually.  Kid is an absolute star return man and star receiver.  So dangerous with the ball in his hands, is just ripping teams apart and it does not really matter who they play, he still is successful and with his speed and quickness gets open and makes plays regardless.  Is a super star prospect no doubt and will be very wanted at the next level potentially if he can stay healthy and continue to improve, sadly will not be for 2021 till he can come out.  Great for Purdue fans that is for sure.  

*Abraham Lucas RS FR OT Washington State:
Another very impressive offensive lineman for Washington State I thought, huge kid with really great footwork for his size.  Looked really solid in pass pro and has a huge upside because of his overall length and size in general.  Was surprised how comfortable he looked in pass pro and as a RS FR prospect he has a huge upside because he has a chance to improve a lot and become an elite player over the next few years.  And I expect him to do that, nice looking talent worth watching more.  

*Dru Samia SR OG Oklahoma:
Interesting talent and shows a lot of toughness when run blocking and is solid enough in pass protection as well.  Could be a great mid round draft pick at guard and is one of the more solid guards out there potentially.  Part of a very solid OL offensive line in general, with size and potential even as a RT maybe makes him a very interesting player, good athlete with good toughness as well.  

*Antonio Blackmon RS SR CB Purdue:
Another tough competitive game by him, really knows how to fight out there, play confidently and get his hands on the football in pass coverage.  Was huge with multiple key pass breakups, interesting talent for sure coming on as a senior, could be a late round draft pick I feel with what he has shown this year.  Great competitor and has the mental attitude of a corner that is for sure.  

*Max Borghi FR RB Washington State:
I was really impressed by his play, could be just the playcalling as well with such great weapons throwing to the RBs so consistently.  Still Borghi has the skill set to do it, is athletic enough to make some plays with his speed and quickness in the hole, and is great going out for short passes and making plays with the football in his hands.  Really interesting talent and is part of a fine offense on Washington State that really knows how to use their RBs in the passing game.  Both are very skilled at it and Borghi will be poised to take over that starting RB spot in one or two years from now, nice looking talent.  

*Bryce Perkins JR QB Virginia:
Is not a great NFL prospect but hard to not be impressed with his ability to run the team and play with pace and control.  Knows when to run and knows when to make plays on the move passing the football.  Very stable back there and again very under control despite his running around, it is calculated.  Is a fun guy to watch and a big part of that teams success offensively combined with that great defense of late.   Perkins knows how to play the game and move the football, that is for sure.

*Josh Metellus JR S Michigan:
I need to watch him more but has greatly improved off last year, last year he was kind of a problem in the backfield and did not always make tackles or correct plays on the football.  Now he is more sound back there, always has been a solid athlete and is playing well around the line of scrimmage aggressively tackling in space.  Great improvement by him where again last year he was a liability out there at times.

*Ben Powers SR OG Oklahoma: 
Part of a very strong OU offensive line, impressed with his athletic ability and quick feet for his size.  Made some nice blocks in motion when he was pulling and pass protected well and switched defenders easily and smoothly in the pass coverage at times.  Tough guard and could be a great mid to late round pickout potentially this up coming season.  

*Raequan Williams RS JR DT Michigan State:
Had a great game and really got some good interior penetration against Michigan.  Good quickness and power combination with him, is in much better shape and makes plays in the backfield a lot more consistently.  Not sure he is an early entry guy but will see, stocky kid well put together, has progressed well this season and has improved a lot off last year I feel.  

*Chris Peace RS SR OLB Virginia:
I need to see him more but looks like he could be a nice late round draft pick as a 3/4 OLB pass rusher.  Good thick build and gets good consistent pressure off the edge.  Does not have great size more length but is tough and strong at the point of attack, can get off blocks and make some plays.  Again is part of a really standout Virginia defensive unit and is one of the leaders back there no question.   

Others who impressed:

Donovan People-Jones SOPH WR Michigan   
Bobby Roundtree SOPH DE Illinois
Chris Westry SR CB Kentucky  
Marcus Applefield RS SR OT Virginia    

Disappointed:

Nick Fitzgerald SR QB Miss State - Is just having a awful year passing the football, some thought he could be a big time prospect based off last year.  Well that is just not true, maybe he could be a TE and make that switch similar to a Blake Bell maybe, because QB he is just not that good.  Wow Dan Mullen is a great coach because he looked like a different player with him calling plays, oddly enough it is a very similar offense with all the zone read action.  Is effective as a runner just not sure how great he is as an athlete, will see.  But really poor season by him and it is hurting the team because they have a great defensive unit for sure.

Justin Herbert JR QB Oregon - Another poor game by him I thought.  Was very off on a lot of throws, also I hurt rumblings that some believe he might stay for his senior year.  Could be a good choice because of late he has not been all that great and has been really inaccurate.  Same could be said for Josh Allen though, but not sure Herbert has that type of arm talent, great throwing on the run but not quite as strong or impressive of an arm.  Made some wow throws in the game but a lot where it was like what the heck was that.

Chase Young SOPH DE Ohio State - Is really missing Bosa and the attention he gets, is not all that productive and I questioned his power at the line of scrimmage before and yeah he can get pushed around.  Not very productive even getting home to the QB and against the run he is not very strong at all.  That unit in general is playing very poorly but Young for sure needs to step it up with Bosa gone the rest of the season.  

Note: KaVontae Turpin SR WR TCU is kicked off the team because of a domestic assault issue that is very serious and sounds terrible what he did.  Awful thing to happen in every way, he is easily the best return man potentially in the up coming draft without question.  Had a great game recently as well against OU where he made a huge impact and was key for that team, without him that offense lacks a lot and that special teams unit will be totally different.  Will see what happens with his stock come draft time, could really hurt it big time since it happen so recently but will see, has not for other players in the past.  

Jeezla - I did not get a chance to see Ryan Anderson on Wake, sorry I missed that game.  I will have to check him out soon though for sure.  Sadly FSU does not have that great of DTs I feel so it is not a great measuring sick.  Awesome DE talent there, not as much inside compared to years past.  

On a good note for once, the story about Purdue student Tyler Trent is flat out amazing!  Great for him and he was really the reason why Purdue played some inspired against Ohio State I believe.  Just a great story and a real inspiration!

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

*Bryce Hall JR CB Virginia:
Amazing game by him once more, showed some big time playmaking ability out there and plays a lot bigger than his height which is already solid.  I bet his wingspan is 6-4 or more, can really get around the receiver and knock down the football.  Like his potential last year and he is becoming quite a player, even playing at a level where he could maybe come out early for the draft and be a 2nd rounder or higher.  Big time prospect and again is playing some great football.

lot of people have been talking about him. Guess I should watch him

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

*Josh Uche JR DE/OLB Michigan:
Really is coming on strong with Gary being out.  Is a big time speed rusher off the edge and can really bring some aggressive pressure.  Could be a potential 3/4 OLB I feel and has put on some weight which has helped.  Has shown up as a rush end though no doubt about it, really productive and is one to watch in the future.  Nice looking player taking the most of the chance he has got.  

They initially wanted him to play SLB in this defense, which doesn't even get like 10% of the snaps and is still very much an off-ball role, but he's played so well at the LOS that they've used him as a rush specialist. I hope Don Brown can find a way to use him more next year. With Winovich being gone and a 99% chance that Gary leaves too, they will have the chance to play around with some different fronts. Kwity Paye looks like he can step in for Winovich at the defensive end position, but the ANCHOR position (where Gary plays) will be wide open. Carlo Kemp was supposed to be the guy there next year but he moved inside. Aiden Hutchinson is the likely starter there but he'll only be a 2nd-year sophomore. It would be interesting to see if they stick with the current front and just find more ways to get Uche on the field or if they'll try some lighter fronts that work with a standup EDGE.

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

They initially wanted him to play SLB in this defense, which doesn't even get like 10% of the snaps and is still very much an off-ball role, but he's played so well at the LOS that they've used him as a rush specialist. I hope Don Brown can find a way to use him more next year. With Winovich being gone and a 99% chance that Gary leaves too, they will have the chance to play around with some different fronts. Kwity Paye looks like he can step in for Winovich at the defensive end position, but the ANCHOR position (where Gary plays) will be wide open. Carlo Kemp was supposed to be the guy there next year but he moved inside. Aiden Hutchinson is the likely starter there but he'll only be a 2nd-year sophomore. It would be interesting to see if they stick with the current front and just find more ways to get Uche on the field or if they'll try some lighter fronts that work with a standup EDGE.

Yeah it is crazy, that defensive unit is without arguably the best prospect on the entire team in Gary.  And it is no big deal and they are still wildly successful and dominating.  Really impressed with Watson at the corner spot, he has helped giving them a third solid corner for sure and they are really solid all the way around against the pass and the run.  Winovich is really improved as well against the run and I agree Hutchinson should be a starter in the future no doubt, he has a great build and length, good upside potential with him.  Yeah Paye has played well also when given more time and Uche is filling a big pass rush roll for them right now I think.\

And yeah Bryce Hall is a possible stud corner, has 14 pass breakups in 7 games.  Stood out to me last year and this year has really taken it to another level overall.  Is listed at only 6-1 but plays like his has arm length of 6-4+ I feel.  That Virginia defense in general is surprisingly impressive, they have a few decent prospects on that roster.  

Week 9:

*Evan Weaver JR OLB Cal:
Who is this kid, wow was really impressive with his aggression during the game, all over the field making plays and made that huge pic 6 in coverage as well.  Love his size at linebacker, looks a legit 250+ out there and seems to run well and plays really hard.  Good at mixing it up against the run, wish he was a little better pass rusher but is a must watch player in the future.  Really interesting talent, I do not think he was even a projected starter but is now, tackling machine back there with his teammate.  Part of a very impressive Cal defense that had a great game, Wilcox should be paid more because he brought a great system there to Cal and they are played good productive football on defense that is for sure.  

*Ben Burr-Kirven SR OLB Washington:
The kid is having a crazy productive season, is all over the field making plays and is a tackling machine out there.  Undersized no question but with his quickness and speed combined with toughness as a tackle it is not a huge issue.  Can really run in space and that will help in the NFL being able to be a speedy coverage linebacker who can still tackle against the run.  In the right system he could be very good, really interesting talent and is rising up draft boards I am sure because of his play.  Was never all that impressed by him in years past because of his size and lack of productive, but now he is flat out balling out there making tackle after tackle despite not being surrounded by a ton of DL elite talent.  Kid can play and is a next level prospect no doubt, is a demon out there making plays.

*AJ Green JR CB Ok State:
Loved the kid last year as a prospect, excited to see him again this season and he did show up in a huge game against Texas going up against top WR talent as well.  Love his athletic ability and quickness as a corner, long lean athlete and if he played this aggressively and confident every game he would for sure be a 1st rounder.  An elite talent no doubt, just needs a little more consistent.  Is such a twitchy quick athlete, very promising corner in my book no question.

*Germaine Pratt RS SR OLB NC State:
Is part of a surprisingly poor defensive unit, but he himself is a flat out baller.  I liked him a lot last year and he has improved even more this season.  Is such a thick strong kid, big thick athlete and can make plays for sure.  Good at the point of attack to take on blocks no question, active as a pass rusher at times as well.  Rising draft stock no question and could maybe become a 2nd rounder if all things go well for him, played like a baller in this game though was all over making plays.

*Ryan Finley RS SR QB NC State:
Kid just ripped apart that Syracuse defense, is so calm and collected in the pocket and has a surprisingly good arm.  Is playing better than some other highly ranked QBs this year and could totally rise up to be a 1st round pick maybe and for sure lock 2nd round pick.  Just is a calm customer back there and throws a nice football and has very good pocket fundamentals and general QB awareness.  

*N'Keal Harry JR WR Arizona State:
Big time game by him making plays he normally does not make, was very impressed with his punt return for a TD.  I did not know he had that kind of speed or ability, impressive play for sure especially with how he cut completely back against the grain to the opposite side to compete the return.  Also did well in receiving and made that insane one handed catch, very impressive game on a big stage on the road at USC.  Very impressed by his play, I had him as a 2nd rounder to start the season but now he is showing more and more to be a 1st round talent with improved speed and conditioning on the field.  If he keeps making big plays like that no doubt he will be a 1st rounder come draft time if he comes out.    

*Kelvin Harmon JR WR NC State:
I liked the kid a lot last year and had a blow up game this weekend.  Showed off his speed for sure and has such good strong hands and is a natural route runner as well.  Good quickness and ability to get out of his breaks, fine looking player and his stock is rising for sure.  Had him as one of the top underclassmen WRs before the year and he is impressing even more this season.

*Tylan Wallace SOPH WR Ok State:
Really put himself on the map with this game, has had a very good year overall though but this was a big time game on a big time stage.  Love how aggressive he is going after the football, knows how to go up and attack it and get it in the air.  Nice quickness and speed overall, tough little receiver no doubt and has really came on strong.  Is the best WR in that group and is a big surprise, one of the biggest breakout players of the season so far in terms of just how productive he has been.   

*Lynn Bowden Jr SOPH WR Kentucky:
Love his return ability and big play potential which is huge for that offense.  Has been a big time explosive playmaker for Kentucky all season despite at times poor QB play.  Really athletic kid who can run effortlessly, nice lean build and quickness as well.  Could be a fine prospect in another year and potential early entry guy.   

*Zach Allen SR DE Boston College:
Had a great game, love his size and ability, big time motor and toughness as well.  Plays hard and is a solid pass rusher with almost ideal DE size.  Very good prospect I feel and no question 1st round pick, high motor guy with the size to back it up, having a good year and making big impact in the games he plays.   

*Devine Ozigbo SR RB Nebraska:
His stock is rising no question about it, is getting better and better every week and is very productive.  Love his size and has ideal size for a NFL RB, now he is showing that production to go along with it.  Has good feet and surprisingly good speed as well, could be a fine mid round draft pick for a team in need of a back but not willing to spend a 1st round pick on one.  

*Christian Wilkins SR DT/DE Clemson:
Had a great game I thought and was very active out there.  Even made that great play on offense as the RB which was impressive.  Love the energy he plays with and he has been a passionate playmaker for years, but gets over looked a lot I think.  Is thick, can play DT or DE in a 3/4 or 4/3.  Has a high motor, is passionate about football, there is a lot to like about him and however gets him will get a very good football player that is for sure.  He has been around so long people forget just how good he is and just how athletic and strong he can be.   

*Terez Hall SR OLB Missouri:
I like him, love his toughness at linebacker and his ability to rush the passer will help him a lot.  Could be a fine 3/4 OLB or better yet ILB.  Good solid tackler when given the chance for sure, could be a fine mid to late round pickup I feel with his aggression and ability to tackle.  

*De'Andre Swift SOPH RB Georgia:
Love how he ran the football in that game, now can he do that week in and week out.  Was aggressive and assertive as a runner, put his foot in the ground made a cut and was up the field.  Is a great athlete no doubt that can really make you miss.  Will see if he can keep up this level of play, obviously the kid has talented based on his FR year and this season, just has to be a little more consistently productive game in and game out.  

*Jordan Love RS SOPH QB Utah State:
Have brought him up before, the kid can play and is having a great year.  I would be surprised if he came out early but still, the kid is a talented QB and has a nice strong arm for sure and is leading that Utah State team to a very successful season.  

*Jabari Zuniga JR DE Florida:
What a stand he made on that goal-line for Florida, just made play after play off the edge crashing down on the runner.  Really impressed with that toughness and grit along the line.  Has had a great season overall no question, improved as a pass rusher and has such long arms is very difficult to handle.  Despite not being really heavy can hold the point of attack as well.  Will be curious if he comes out early this year or not, because he sure has the talent to do so.  

*Beau Benzschawel RS SR OG Wisconsin:
I am impressed with his athletic ability, that is for sure, how he can block so well down field and how well he can pull.  Before the year I was not a huge fan of his but he is quite technically sound and stable at OG.  Good in pass pro because he is such a good solid athlete.  Has been around for awhile and played a lot of football, is rounding out nicely as a senior I think and could be a great mid round pickup potentially.  I feel there are better more powerful guards out there in the up coming draft, but most are playing OT in college right now so hard to judge them against Beau game by game.  

Others who impressed:

Matt Colburn II SR RB Wake Forest    
Isaac Nauta JR TE Georgia  
Amari Rodgers SOPH WR Clemson  
Eno Benjamin SOPH RB Arizona State
Chuba Hubbard RS FR RB Ok State  
Stevie Scott FR RB Indiana
Jarrell Owens SR DE/DT Oklahoma State  
Carter Coughlin JR OLB Minnesota 
Peyton Ramsey RS SOPH QB Indiana  

Disappointed:

Jonathan Taylor SOPH RB Wisconsin - Hard to not be disappointed by his play and the constant fumble issues that are still a thing.  Said before this year, but at times other backs on the team are far more productive than he has been.  Things are obviously a little different once defenses key on what you do and what you do well.  Sure the OL has not been great and the passing game has struggled, much less them starting a new QB but still.  He looks worn down and not as explosive as last year, sadly over four years if he stays that long he could be really worn down as a back.  Will see if he can work on his fumble issues and overall conditioning in the future.  

Jake Browning SR QB Washington - Was a very odd game but he got benched in it and it was a very big deal and you could tell on his face.  Was a surprise but I trust coach Peterson and there had to be a reason for it.  He did not have a strong game but not like the guy who came for a few series at QB played any better.  Still will see how he comes back off this game and the message coach Peterson sent.  Was a big loss for them in a game they should have won.

Week 10:

*Quinnen Williams RS SOPH DT/DE Alabama:
What a show he put on, absolutely dominating on that DL and was part of a dominating performance overall.  So quick off the line and consistently got into the backfield and made plays.  On another post I was saying might be a little premature the talk of him being an elite pick right now, but if he keeps playing like this, as crazy as it sounds with the current DL class he could be right up there with those guys and a very high pick this year.  Really gets off blocks quite well and is wildly productive as well, was all over the place making tackles and getting into the backfield. Great showing by Williams and that DL really controlled that game completely.  

*Jerry Jeudy SOPH WR Alabama:
Wow that kid put on a show athletically, so damn quick and when the gets the ball he is flat out electric.  So well conditioned and strong, great looking athlete and in a solid SOPH class of WRs, he looks like he could be the best and will for sure be a future 1st round pick.  Played great against the games best corner right now in Greedy.  Beat him a few times with flat speed and that was impressive.  How he can make plays on slats and what he does after the catch is flat out awesome.  Amazing show he put on, fun to watch with the ball in his hands.  

*Greg Little JR OT Ole Miss:
He is such a damn good athlete, so solid in pass protection and moves so well out there.  I kind of underrated him because that Ole Miss team early looked so average, but if you just focus on him he is one heck of a player.  Is part of a surprisingly strong offensive line group but helps when you have a tackle like him who just walls off his side in the run game and does not get beat much at all in pass pro.  Awesome prospect and for sure potential 1st rounder if he comes out early for the draft, such a fine looking athlete and perfect in the pass happy NFL today with his pass pro skills.  

*Jedrick Willis SOPH OT Alabama:
Was a beast out there and is one hell of a tackle prospect, I liked what he looked like earlier in the year but now is rounding out into a big time player.  Very good athlete and good quick feet for a man his size.  Tough kid, stable in pass protection and can be a mauler in the run game as well.  Very top end offensive tackle prospect and should but another great one coming out of Bama, they have not had a OL this solid for a few years, they give the QB tons of time back there and are clearly still solid in the run game.  

*Irv Smith Jr JR TE Alabama:
Was a beast in that game, really impressed with his athletic ability and aggression going after the football.  Mentioned him before, is having a fine season and is a big time weapon on that offense.  Knows how to get open, solid hands and can even do some things in the blocking game especially on the move down field like a WR would.  Nice looking player and one of the big time weapons on that Bama offense.  

*Darrin Hall SR RB Pitt:
Big time game by him and nice to see him back being productive after a slow start to the season.  I liked him last year and good he is rounding into form as a senior.  Tough kid, good solid build and has some game breaking speed as well.  Could be a great mid to late round pickup in the draft, solid prospect with big play ability for sure.  Surprising speed and big play ability he showed, awesome game by him.

*George Aston RS SR FB Pitt:
I need to watch him more but wow what a game for him.  I love blocking full backs because they are so rare, he could be one heck of a one, or at least showed that in this game.  Was all over the field making huge holes to run though, just took the player he blocked completely out of the play totally.  Need to go back and watch him some more, is an interesting prospect and arguably the best true FB I have seen this season.  

*Yetur Gross-Matos SOPH DE Penn State:
One of the few bright spots for Penn State on defense, was a long lean athlete last year and is really breakout out this season.  Hard to deal with on the edge and keep off the QB, quick player who has great speed for his size.  Impressive talent having a fine season, will be one to watch next season for sure.

*Ross Pierschbacher RS SR OG/C Alabama:
Playing some great football, is kind of surprising how great he is as a center as well.  Very smooth and moves laterally well, is sound in the run game and in pass protection.  Is part of a extremely complete Alabama OL that has been great and one of the best they have had in years.  Will be interesting to see what he plays in the NFL, looks more and more like a center if he keeps playing this well, is probably the best center prospect in the up coming draft as well if he stays there.  

*Monty Rice SOPH ILB Georgia:
Another possible star LB for them, really like his quickness and athletic ability, compact powerful athlete who made a lot of tackles inside.  Can run well and has a decent amount of quickness.  Will see how he plays as the year goes on, is one of a few talented young linebackers on Georgia that they need to step up and play big this year.  

*Reggie Gallaspy II SR RB NC State:
What a freaking tank, have liked him for awhile on NC State but is not always that productive.  Such a thick strong runner though, good in short yardage and is just built like a NFL RB.  Could be a great mid to late round pickup come draft time.  Built like a tree and playing well with the opportunity to get the ball consistently this season. 

*AJ Bush RS SR RB/WR Illinois:
Brought him up earlier in the year, had a big time game and helped show that athletic ability.  Is such a smooth looking athlete I think he has a shot at maybe being a late round pick as a WR/RB type.  Has an awful injury history and or career outside of this season, but is a special looking athlete no question about it.  Nice to see him playing well and having success that is for sure.  

*Patrick Surtain Jr. FR CB Alabama:
Looks like they have another star CB on Alabama, kid looks legit and has taken to the starting position since Diggs is out very well.  Is not all that hard to look good though with that front seven playing lights out, still in coverage he is sound and has not been an issue at all.  Potential super star for them down the road no question about it.   

*Hale Henteges SR TE Alabama:
Was nasty as a run blocker and very productive and effective.  Is a disappointment in the passing game that is for sure, has not developed much in that regard.  But always like blocking TEs and he is one of them, like the aggression and toughness he played with, made some key blocks for some big runs.  Interesting talent as a blocker and has a chance to maybe be a late round draft pick, will see.  

*Deonte Brown RS SOPH OG Alabama:
Another very promising Bama offensive lineman, is a huge kid and moves well for his size.  Has really helped sure up that OL and make it arguably the best OL in the nation potentially.  Is just a massive kid, strong in the run game that is for sure.  

*Tua Tagovailoa SOPH QB Alabama:
Only worry about him is that injury issue, too bad Hurts is injured as well because really Tua should not be in there based on how he looked at times phyisically.  Still the kid makes plays and is part of a wildly impressive Alabama offense.  Helps that the offensive line is playing as good as any OL in the nation and you have arguably the best WR group in the country and best RB core as well.  Just having an awesome season and Tua is a huge part of it though, even in a poor game he still rips it up.  

*Will Grier SR QB West Virginia:
Great game by him on the road, impressed with his late game play no question.  Made that awesome throw on the move with such great touch, just dropped in right in.  Has been impressive all season long with his improved pocket mechanics and general control of the football.  Not as wild as he was before yet still can make some wow plays on the move passing.  Is the #1 QB prospect I feel based on his play and was a huge win for him and this program on the road.  

*David Sills V SR WR West Virginia:
Very sound WR prospect, really like his toughness and grit as a WR.  Is not a burner but has very good hands and runs solid routes.  Awesome hands as well, long arms and can go get the football, is a reliable target and should be a great mid round draft pick come draft time.  

*Noah Fant JR TE Iowa:
Monster game by him against, he is just so damn athletic at TE and long.  Runs so effortlessly out there, have been toying around with is he a 1st round pick or not, if he keeps playing like this he probably is.  Such a long athlete and so dangerous as a TE, could really do well in the NFL I feel no question.

*Scottie Phillips JR RB Ole Miss:
Impressive little running back, has good combo of quickness and power and taking advantage of a solid Ole Miss offensive line.  Productive back and having a real breakout season, will see if he can keep this up the rest of this season and next year.  Tough kid though and one to watch in the future.    

*Cesar Ruiz SOPH C Michigan:
Part of a very impressive Michigan OL group overall.  Has had a good solid season and helped bring a stable force to the middle of that line.  He has good mobility and is solid at the point of attack.  Does not get pushed around and has improved a lot off last season.  

*Saivion Smith JR CB Alabama:
Nice game by him, was beat a few times but played tough football and combined with Surtain they are surprisingly sound and stable in coverage.  Good tackler as well who showed that promise that he flashed early on at LSU, good to see him come back and play well against his old team.  Nice prospect and if he comes back as a senior he could really round out well as a corner.  

*Ty'Son Williams RS JR RB South Carolina:
Has flashed as a playmaker recently, nice looking talent and made some big plays in the run game and the passing game.  Plays really hard and is a tough runner with a second gear.  Does have injury issues and did in this game, if he can stay healthy could become a productive back for them.  Is part of an offense that is finally improving and starting to play up to their potential.   

Others who impressed

Ben Bredeson JR OG Michigan  
Jon Runyan RS JR OT/OG Michigan   
Anfernee Jennings RS JR OLB Alabama  
Christian Miller RS SR OLB Alabama   
N'Keal Harry JR WR Arizona State  
Mack Wilson JR ILB Alabama  
Charles Snowden SOPH OLB Virginia
Todd Harris Jr SOPH S LSU
Dewayne Hendrix RS SR DE Pitt
Mandy Alonso SOPH DE Virginia
Grant Carrigan RS FR TE Pitt  
Javon Patterson SR OG Ole Miss  
Bryan Edwards JR WR South Carolina
Martell Pettaway JR RB West Virginia
Reggie Corbin RS JR  RB Illinois  
Asante Samuel Jr FR CB Florida State 

Disappointed:

Grant Delpit SOPH S LSU - Was beat on that long TD against the TE and had that almost targeting call as well.  Did not make that many plays but most of that could have been due to them attacking Harris at safety.  Did not show up much though but he can only do so much out there on the field, that front seven played pretty poorly.  

Greedy Williams RS SOPH CB LSU - Was beat for the first time this year I feel, still an awesome prospect but Jeudy got the best of him in this game.  Still is the clear #1 CB prospect but was brought a little down to earth in this game as was that entire LSU team.  

Andrew Van Ginkel RS SR OLB Wisconsin - Disappointed by his lack of big plays this year, still a fine talent but has not taken it to another level this year.  Splashed last year but thought he could become the man this year, is pretty weak at the point of attack and struggles against the run at times.  Is not the dominating edge force Wisconsin has had on defense for the past three years or so.  Will see how he does as this season comes to a close the next few weeks.

Jachi Polite JR OLB/DE Florida - Disappointing play by him, was awesome a few weeks back but now teams know what to do against Florida, run on them and those edge rushers cannot hold up and do not get a pass rush.  Is not as productive and struggles in run defense when he is not asked to just rush the passer.  Thought he could maybe come out early for the draft but after his struggles in run defense would be nice to see him come back for another year and develop his game more.  

Chris Peace RS SR OLB Virginia - Brought him up last week, struggled in this game holding the edge and being a force against the run.  Was pushed around and got caught up in the wash a lot, not a good game for him.  Overall that defense looked a lot different when Thornhill got injured, will see if they can get back to form next week.  

Garrett Brumfield SR OG LSU - Might have been injured in the game but got abused by Williams inside.  Really struggled in pass protection for sure.  Showed some skill earlier in the year but this game might have exposed him against more elite competition.  Will see if he can improve on this poor showing but overall that entire OL struggled against Bama.  

Note: 

Rodney Anderson RS JR RB Oklahoma is coming out for the draft.  Was some what questionable on him as a prospect this year but did really impressive with his speed and quickness early on.  Then again look at the success they have without him, no big deal and Sermon is just as good as Anderson was.  Helps being in that offense with that QB and that OL which is as good as any around.  Anderson has a hell of an injury history, will be interesting where he gets drafted, most likely not till the 2nd or 3rd round.  Has 1st round talent but that injury stuff is a big concern.       

Quinnen Williams again, amazing play by him and is part of arguably the best down three DL group in Alabama history and for sure the best in the Nick Saban era.  With those three in that defense, they are very hard to block especially when they get up early which they always do in games with that great offense.    Williams is so hard to handle and helps that the two book end LBs in Miller and Jennings have stayed healthy all year and are playing well.  Then you have beasts in Davis and Buggs to the left and right of you as well.   Curious if he could be that successful if put on say the LSU front line with a lot less talent around him.  Regardless, in a Draft class that is basically the best DL group potentially in 10-20 years, then you add this guy to that group.  What a collection of talent for the 2019 Draft on the DL.  One has the massive monsters in Lawrence and Brown at NT potentially then you have a guy like this who can just beat blocks and provides a different element in a 3/4 defense.  He could play a 3/4 DE easily and that is what he would have played if Buggs and Davis were not around.  But as a 3/4 NT is very hard to handle especially with how he can get off blocks and penetrate.  Will see how he does against more run based teams in the future like Georgia and some others, because once they are put in a pass rush situation they are almost unblockable at times inside.

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

*George Aston RS SR FB Pitt:
I need to watch him more but wow what a game for him.  I love blocking full backs because they are so rare, he could be one heck of a one, or at least showed that in this game.  Was all over the field making huge holes to run though, just took the player he blocked completely out of the play totally.  Need to go back and watch him some more, is an interesting prospect and arguably the best true FB I have seen this season.  

This dude is as good of a FB prospect as you're ever going to find. He's elite in every area a FB needs to be elite in. I absolutely love him.

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

This dude is as good of a FB prospect as you're ever going to find. He's elite in every area a FB needs to be elite in. I absolutely love him.

Yeah I said that about Owen Marecic on Stanford a few years back.  That kid was an elite run blocker, super fun to watch and just destroyed guys but his career never turned out at the next level and did have some health issues and Aston has had some at Pitt it seems as well already.  Hopefully Aston can stay healthy, there is a need for the position and more than a few teams still use a FB.  It is hard though, a guy like Dimitri Flowers who was a great pass catching FB last year cannot even find a spot on a NFL roster, and he is a weapon as a HB or FB type, few teams use them as a receiver like they should.

Archived