2019 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+ Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah I said that about Owen Marecic on Stanford a few years back.  That kid was an elite run blocker, super fun to watch and just destroyed guys but his career never turned out at the next level and did have some health issues and Aston has had some at Pitt it seems as well already.  Hopefully Aston can stay healthy, there is a need for the position and more than a few teams still use a FB.  It is hard though, a guy like Dimitri Flowers who was a great pass catching FB last year cannot even find a spot on a NFL roster, and he is a weapon as a HB or FB type, few teams use them as a receiver like they should.

Marecic was too damn skinny IMO. He didn't have a lot of arse behind him, which Aston does have. That's the big difference for me.

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like a Gruden 5th rounder. He loooooves his FB's. 

Yeah he is the best FB available potentially, is one to pay close attention to as the season winds down.   Jacques Patrick is worth a look on athletic ability and size but played more RB in college so far and might be that in the NFL if he gets a shot.  Chandler Cox is ok and a good run blocker and arguably has been doing it longer than Aston has.  Winston Dimel is a long shot, liked him a lot early on K State, transferred to UTEP to be with his dad and not sure how well he is doing there.  Tyre McCants I love as a big body WR could be a good HB/RB pass catcher maybe but could also play WR as well, he should be a fine late round pick.

Week 11:

*Qadree Ollison RS SR RB Pitt: 
Um wow, what a game by him.  Is a freaking tank out there and ran all over Virginia Tech as did the entire team really.  Big strong back, has played FB for them and HB at times, has been around a very long time and has been in an out of the lineup.  Is putting together a great senior year though and if he can stay healthy could be a nice draft pick.  Easy to forget because he has been around so long but this game shows him up big time.  Thick kid and showed some real explosive running ability in this game.  Nice looking talent and massive game by him that puts him on the radar if anyone did not have him on there already.  

*Zach Allen SR DE Boston College:
Another awesome game by him, just made the blockers look silly at times.  Love his size, love his motor and is just a complete DE.  Has power and speed and I had him as a 1st rounder at the end of last season and is one all the way this year.  Climbing up the draft boards with his play in this game again.  Will be on the highlight clip when he is drafted that tipped pass, then the QB catches it and he still tackles him down.  Big time talent and is a big time prospect.

*De'Andre Swift SOPH RB Georgia: 
Another great game by him, what cuts he can make as a running back.  Just drops that foot and can snap right back the other direction as quick as anyone in the nation.  Big time showing by him and the last few weeks he has taken it to another level for sure.  Is rising up a talented SOPH RB class and is showing he is as good as anyone in that class.  

*Antoine Wesley JR WR Texas Tech:
Freaking huge game by him, brought him up already once this year.  Love his long lean build and is so aggressive going after the football.  Can jump up and get it, has great size and leaping ability, good acceleration for a kid that tall as well.  Really fights for the football.  Having an awesome season no question about it, might be a surprise early entry guy even if he keeps playing this well.  Usually that offense is QB based but this year it is WR lead no matter who they have at QB, Wesley and Vasher are two lean athletic guys who can go get it.  Wesley played big time in this game.  

*AJ Terrell SOPH CB Clemson:
Great game by him, showed he is easily one of the best CBs in the nation as a underclassmen.  Made some great big hits coming up against the run or on a short throw.  Really aggressive as a tackler and that was great to see.  Has helped that secondary big time and become a lock down corner with big time ability.  Sure he did not go up against great WR talent or QB talent on BC but the kid dominated like he should.

*Shareef Miller JR DE Penn State:
Good game, totally dominated the talented tackle Edwards on Wisconsin more than once and completely beat him for more than one sack.  Has been having a very solid season for sure.  Good athletic ability and flashed last year and has taken it to another level this year.  Could maybe come out early for the draft but if he comes back as a senior could really round out into being a fine pass rushing talent no doubt.  

*Alex Leatherwood SOPH OG/OT Alabama:
Another great game by him, is really dominating at guard and showing great ability for the position.  Will probably move back out to RT after this year potentially.  Regardless what he has shown as a guard makes him a legit guard prospect in the NFL and if he can hold up at tackle as well, even better.  Talented player that is really long and athletic, fine looking prospect on the OL.

*Gardner Minshew RS JR QB Washington State:
Kid is a star QB, brought him up way early in the season and he just keeps getting better and better.  Is so smooth and calm in that offense, does not make a ton of mistakes and knows what to take what the defense gives him.  Does not get inpatient and hurry anything, moves so well and throws well on the move.  Is part of a huge season for that University, will be interesting to see how they finish out the season in the big games coming up.  Minshew is a damn good prospect though, could even come out this year and be a mid round pick, but if he comes back just imagine how good he could get.  However there is not much left for him to prove other than consistency because would be hard to beat how well he is playing this year out of nowhere.  

*Dezmon Patmon JR WR Washington State:
Really impressive with his play in this game, such a long smooth athlete.  Very good route runner and a fluid player for sure, nice hands catching the football and just knows how to play the position.  Has become a legit WR prospect this year I feel, really promising talent and has great upside with how well he runs routes and moves on the football field.  

*Daniel Faalele FR OT Minnesota:
What a promising looking young player on the OL, has held up well the last few weeks and played some good ball in this game on a dominating performance in a cold weather game.  Is a mountain out there, rarely does one ever come across any player his size, and he is not slow, he can move his feet and completely engulf the defensive player on run plays.  Is not terrible in pass pro either and uses his length well.  Should only get better and better and could be a key part on that Minnesota run game in the future, one could build a offensive line around him and potentially he has a ton of it for the next level if he keeps getting better and improving.  

*Alize Mack SR TE Notre Dame:
I did not think he had that kind of athletic ability, wow he could get up and go get those passes in the end zone.  Has splashed at times all year and in terms of pure look, he is a thick wide body who can move people in the run game and has enough in the pass game to respect it.  Should be a great late round pickup at TE, kid has skills and showed them off on senior night for Notre Dame no doubt.  

*George Aston RS SR FB Pitt:
So much fun to watch play, I like how they use him as a mobile TE at times on the line of scrimmage and no always back in the I formation.  Is aggressive blocking of course but that ability to play on the line as more of a HB/TE is very interesting.  Is not the total reason for the domination in the run game for that Pitt offense but he sure helps.  Brought him up last week, is really an interesting prospect come draft time and is showing he could be easily the best blocking FB and FB in general in the up coming draft.  

*Kadarius Toney SOPH WR Florida:
Love what he showed in his run after the catch ability.  Was a big timer with the ball in his hands, showed power of a RB and had speed and quickness to make people miss.  Sadly they cannot get him the ball more often in that offense.  Will be very interesting how he does next season, is such a talented runner and is a dynamic playmaking talent.  One to watch no question, just can they showcase him more and more is the question.

*Stefano Millin RS SR OT Pitt:
Impressive game by him, could get down field and blocked very aggressively I thought.  I need to watch him more but he could be a nice mid round pick come draft time potentially.  Strong and quick on the line part of a flat out domination in that game running the ball.  Is one to watch as the year goes on and has some ability that is for sure.  

*Cameron Dantzler RS SOPH CB Miss State:
Really strong showing for him, I am going to have to watch him more.  Good long corner with a nice feel in coverage and is smooth against the pass.  Improving as a tackler as well.  Is part of a solid Miss State defense and is one to watch going forward.  Is a little light and thin but that length and athletic ability makes him interesting as a prospect.

*Deebo Samuel SR WR South Carolina:
Great to see him finally play big in a big game.  Showed that explosive playmaking ability after the catch and made some huge plays and run after the catch once he got the ball in his hands.  The injury history he has is a major concern no question but in terms of upside and potential he has a lot of big play ability.  Could be a steal mid round pick potentially, I had him as a 1st rounder or lock 2nd rounder but not so sure about that anymore, will see what happens the rest of the year.  

*Ryan Liam RS SOPH OG Washington State:
Really like him as a guard, solid at the point of attack and has athletic ability in pass protection to move and stay ahead of guys.  Can play with a little toughness as well, really nice looking prospect and is part of that very surprisingly solid Washington State OL.  I would be surprised if he can out early this year but next year the kid has big time potential and could be one of the better ones in the nation.  

*Blake Cashman SR OLB Minnesota:
Have brought him up a lot this year, was a great game by him and in terms of making big plays this could be his best game of the year.  Had the big fumble and return for a TD in this game.  Was all over the field making plays, is good in space and aggressive as a tackler.  Has good potential for the next level and should hear his name called come draft day.  

*Lil'Jordan Humphrey JR WR Texas:
Another great game by him, just keeps showing that great size and athletic ability, rare talent at that size with that kind of speed.  Really has improved a ton this year and will have a choice if he wants to come out early for the draft or return to school.  Will be interesting what he decides, because if he progressed this much during this season just think what he could be next year.  

*Darrin Hall SR RB Pitt:
Another big time game for him, awesome open field speed and is part of a very special and dominating run game for Pitt.  Is really rising up the draft boards with his speed and size no doubt.  Is in the 2nd tear group of RBs and has jumped a lot of guys in the RB rankings the past few weeks I think.  Great performance by him and that Pitt run game in general.  

*Willie Gay Jr SOPH OLB Miss State:
Played probably the best game of his career, was all over the field and made some big time pressures on the QB.  The lines were focusing their attention elsewhere and he took advantage.  Showed good solid athletic ability and has nice quickness and speed for a linebacker.  Will see if he can build off this fine performance on a big time stage.  Even got a INT in the game along with his two sacks, great showing by him.

*Tanner Muse RS JR S Clemson:
Was never a huge fan of his, I think he is out of position at safety but played arguably his best game of his career against BC.  Made some tough aggressive tackles and was making a lot of plays.  Will see how he develops coming into next year, I think he will be moved up to LB depending on who comes out early.  I do not think he can hang in coverage but it is interesting at that size, but more of a linebacker is what he looks like athletically.  See how he does as the year goes on.  

*Dexter Williams SR RB Notre Dame:
Really has impressed this his final year, was really not doing much up until this season so if there is any year to perform it is this one.  Shows good power and speed in the open field, can break really long runs throughout the game.  Good power as well for a back, has a chance to be drafted no doubt.  Sadly with Notre Dame a lot of that run success is the OL because no many backs have greatly succeeded in the NFL of late, just look at Josh Adams last year he was not even drafted after rushing for almost 1500 yards.  Williams is more compact and better with contact than Adams potentially, will see how he does the rest of the year.

*Joshua Jacobs Alabama JR RB Alabama:
Great game by him, showed such great make you miss ability able to get around defenders and gain yards.  Got the most carries he has received in the season and took advantage of it.  Talented player just does not get a lot of work or touches.  His versatility in the passing game and ability to move around and do a variety of things is very interesting.  Could be a sleeper talent come draft time and will have a choice to make if he comes back for a chance to be the man as a senior like Harris or if he comes out early.  

*Tyler Johnson JR WR Minnesota:
Such a good route runner out there, is very smooth in his releases and knows how to get open.  Had some drop issues earlier in the year but that has improved a little.  Has good enough speed and is very consistent catching the football and making big plays.  As a senior he should be one of the top receivers in the nation no question about it.  

*Mohamed Ibrahim RS FR RB Minnesota:
Solid game by him, has had a good season overall.  Is a compact back with good toughness and speed.  Quick in the hole and can make some big plays from time to time.  Has been huge for that run game down two starting backs with experience most of the year.  Will be interesting how he progresses in his career.    

Others who impressed:

Jonathan Ledbetter SR DE Georgia  
Kenny Willekes RS JR DE Michigan State   
Aaron Monteiro SR OT Boston College  
Amari Rodgers SOPH WR Clemson  
Kenny Pickett SOPH RB Pitt  
Will Harris SR S Boston College
Habakkuk Baldonado FR TE Pitt  
Jacob Huff SR S Minnesota

Disappointed:

David Edwards RS JR OT Wisconsin  - Is just not playing good and got beat for more than few sacks in this game.  Has not taken his game to the next step especially in terms of pass protection.  I think he should totally come back to school for another year since he can and work on his game.  Sadly the OL group is such a need in the NFL, he still might be picked higher than he should just on team needs.  But as a player he is not the prospect he should have become this season and still has to grow and improve as a player.   

David Blough SR QB Purdue - Did not play well in a big game on the road.  Was shocking how bad they looked on offense and how poorly he handed the conditions of cold and some snow.  Did not play well, did not throw the ball well and the weather really seemed to effect him.  Bad showing for him and that entire team in general, will see if they can bounce back from that big loss.

Deondre Francois RS JR QB Florida State - Has not had a good year, that FSU offensive line is terrible yes but even when given time he still is not making throws he should make.  Terrible season in general and has not taken well to the coaching change in terms of on the field success.  Showed such promise as a RS FR player but is so beaten down.  Still has a live arm and upside but hard to judge him behind such a poor line and he gets hit constantly.  Will be a project QB in the NFL and maybe could develop, that is where he is now compared to being a possible star based on what he showed as a freshman.  Be curious what he does if he still comes out early or returns to school.

49 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He was already one of my favs, but he really moved up a notch. That says a lot about the player when he raises his level of play to the level of the game, as I said before he is the ideal base end in this draft.

Yeah he is one hell of a prospect, I love his size, he is so large and could play DE in a 3/4 or a 4/3 I feel.  Great motor, comes to work, is humble and gives fine effort.  For a man that big he moves very well on the outside, heck if he put on a little weight or even at his current size could maybe even play a pass rush DT in passing downs.  Really great prospect I agree. 

Too bad that offense on BC did not have their starting QB, but even then they are so limited offensively, sucks because that defense is solid and could win some more games with a better offensive group.

Not the first bad game for Edwards. He's put a few bad games on tape this year. He's a fan favorite for the Browns but I'm starting to think he should go back. He's a waist bender and struggles with a variety of pass rushers. This makes me think it's mostly due to technique. Pretty good run blocker, though.

22 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Not the first bad game for Edwards. He's put a few bad games on tape this year. He's a fan favorite for the Browns but I'm starting to think he should go back. He's a waist bender and struggles with a variety of pass rushers. This makes me think it's mostly due to technique. Pretty good run blocker, though.

I agree, I have had him in the not impressed section for more than a few games this year.  This one he really got beat and it was pretty obvious more than once. I Even Beau Benzschawel who I thought has played better at times this year got completely laid out on his back but a rush, I think it was Miller that bulled him down as well.  I agree he should come back to school.

That entire team has disappointed considering most had them as National Title contenders to start the year.  For once in almost three years they do not have these demon edge rushers on defense to rush the passer and it has affected the defense a great deal and offensively they have not been great.   Especially in the passing game with returning QB and WRs on the team plus a solid run game, sure the backup QB in this game hurt but still.  One would think with that OL it would be easy but even they have struggled as I have mentioned a few weeks this year. 

Again even with his bad play, he could still maybe come out early and be a mid round draft pick just on assumed upside.  Will see what he does.  

Week 12:

*Jonathan Taylor SOPH RB Wisconsin:
Has had some struggles this year in terms of being a dominating player that helps win games and not just gain yards, struggled for his standards on the road two other games this year in losses.  This game is arguably one of the best of his career, was huge in winning this football game and gave it his absolute all.  Oddly enough at times there was no way Wisconsin should have won the game but things happened and he was put in spots to make plays and he did.  Is behind that solid offensive line for Wisconsin so it is hard to know how much of his success is the line or is the RB.  Will be very interesting how he does without those two SR guards blocking for him next season.  Regardless big time game by him, showed great power and ability to break tackles, was not going up against a great D but put it all on the line for a huge win for them in a some what disappointing season overall for Wisconsin. 

*Anthony McFarland RS FR RB Maryland:
Amazing performance by him, showed such speed and big play ability just running all over Ohio State.  I had him as the best FR RB in the class before this game and he is for sure without question after this performance.  Is a RS player though and might be part of that standout current SOPH class technically next year, will see.  If he keeps playing like this he will, awesome speed and is not a huge back but runs big in the fact he can get away from contact and is not afraid to run it up in there.  Big time speed, is one to pay attention to no doubt.  

*Joshua Kelley RS JR RB UCLA: 
Impressive game by UC Davis transfer, is not an overpowering back but has very good feet and quickness.  Good ability to make you miss in the open field and enough toughness to run through tacklers.  Crazy how the Chip Kelly offense has two to three tight ends and they are running the ball.  Sure they do some fast tempo but nothing like before, at least he is using what he has and it got that team a huge win for sure.  Great game by Kelley and helped put him on the map, will see what he does next year unless he comes out early which might be a mistake I feel at this point, would love to see him back again next year.

*Pooka Williams Jr FR RB Kansas:
Who the heck is this guy, amazing quickness and make you miss ability.  Really quick and great feet in the hole, can catch out of the backfield as well, return in special teams and even passed for a TD in this game.  Is going to be a possible star in the up coming years for Kansas.  Big time playmaking potential and showed up huge in this game, sure the OU defense is not good granted but Pooka was impressive.  Could be a fine 3rd down back or change of pace back in the NFL, low to the ground and size is becoming less and less important for backs as long as they can be versatile and catch the football and make plays in space, Pooka can do that.

*Alohi Gilman RS SOPH S Notre Dame:
I have liked him for awhile this year, showed up a lot but this was arguably his best game with the two big INTs.  Has very good range and when he arrives to the football he can bring players down.  Is a great tackler, good athlete and an intense player.  Wonderful move by him coming to Notre Dame and he has become a big time safety prospect.  If he comes back for another year he will easily be one of the best safeties in the country, a huge part of that Notre Dame defensive unit success.

*Travis Whillock RS SOPH S Northwestern:
What a hitter he is out there, really solid tackler and can drop players with his toughness and power.  Did not play till later on this year but I need to watch him more after what he showed in this game.  Stopped the ball when it got to him, played sound defense and was part of a great defensive outing as a unit with so many injuries especially in the secondary.  One to watch in the future, looks like he could be a player.

*Dre'Mont Jones JR DT Ohio State:
Dominating play by him at times in this game, just destroyed the defensive line more than once, either bull rushed the lineman completely into the backfield or beat them with his quickness off the ball.  Is having a really great year and oddly enough might be another great DL to come out for this up coming draft.  And with how he is playing could be maybe another 1st rounder potentially with the pass rush skills and overall athletic ability he has shown this year.  Is having an awesome year despite Ohio State being kind of a joke defensively and getting walked up and down the field constantly.  In terms of pure pass rush potential as a DT not many better than Jones has been this year, is one of the better ones in the nation.

*Trayveon Williams JR RB Texas A&M:
Quietly having a dominating season, really has improved his vision and has been a consistent big play making all year.  Good open field speed, can get to the edge and break it long and has no problems running up inside getting the hard yards.  Will have a choice to make this year, could possibly be a early entry guy I feel, will see what he decides.  Has out performed some other higher ranked JR backs this year no question, solid prospect and could maybe be a 2nd or 3rd rounder possibly if he came out.  

*Stevie Scott FR RB Indiana:
Is a freaking tank as a RB, love his size and physical strength.  Ran well against a fine Michigan defense, impressive game might have to go back and watch it again.  Has good leg drive and a few of his OL looked solid as well.  Fine looking talent, one of the best true FR runningbacks in the nation without question, has big time ability no doubt about it.  

*Caleb Wilson RS JR TE UCLA:
I had him as a 1st rounder before the year, then thought maybe he should come back but he has indeed had a great season overall.  Showing he has big playmaking potential no question and can really stretch the field as a TE.  Of course would like if he was a little bigger, and at times he plays in the slot as basically a WR as well.  But as a stretch TE, and pass catching TE he has big time ability no doubt.  Sure would be nice if he was heavier and thicker but kid is an impressive athlete who can stretch the field.

*Blake Cashman SR OLB Minnesota:
Another great game by a fine linebacker, stock is just rising up and up over the past few weeks.  Was all over the field again making tackles behind the line of scrimmage, getting into the backfield and finishing when he arrives to the football.  Good speed and athletic ability, rising up for being a late round pick to now a mid to hid middle round draft pick.  One of the better OLB prospects I have seen all season that is for sure, and like I have said could play ILB in a 3/4 as well.  

*Darrien Molton SR CB Washington State:
Very smooth in coverage, is not a very physical player but knows how to defend the pass that is for sure.  Good ball skills as well and just knows how to cover, is totally a draftable CB prospect and has a good amount of upside as well.  

*Andrew Van Ginkel RS SR OLB Wisconsin:
Good to see him produce and make plays like usual, made a few big time plays in this game that helped them win.  Has not always got consistent pressure on the QB like I thought he would have this year but his big play ability is solid.  He is around the football, active off the edge and can bend the corner and is smart in the passing game able to deflect balls and or intercept them, not to mention that great fumble case he got as well.  Solid talent, had him for awhile as a sound 2nd round pick and still might end up in that range come draft day.

*Danny Davis III SOPH WR Wisconsin:
Had those few amazing catches in this game that were giant for the team, did go up against backup defensive backs I believe but still.  Odd he has not done more of this during the season but was suspended early in the year and the QB play has clearly not been the best regardless of who was in.  Great hands he showed, will see if he can become more consistent in getting open and showing his skills in the future.

*Clayton Thorson SR QB Northwestern:
Does not have amazing statistics always but the kid knows how to throw the football and make NFL level throws.  Is not surrounded by great OL talent or WR talent but he wins football games and when healthy can be a very stable force at QB.  Love his pocket fundamentals, is sound and can get the football out of his hands and on time.  Will have some big time games coming up especially in the Championship game for the Big Ten, will be interesting to see what he can do.  

*Anthony Rush SR NT UAB:
I need to watch him a lot more but was an impressive big man in the middle.  Late round pick potential but at that size is interesting, totally blew up the line a few times in that game.  In general UAB apparently has a solid D, did not see many star players but they are worth watching again for sure, have some talent on the back end and on the DL as well.  Rush is key that defenses success no doubt.

Others who impressed:

Isaiah Bowser FR RB Northwestern  
Joe Gaziano RS JR DE Northwestern 
Earnest Brown IV SOPH DE Northwestern
Debione Renfro SOPH CB Texas A&M
Micah McFadden FR ILB Indiana  
Antonio Reed SR S Nebraska
Blaise Gammon JR TE Kansas State  

Quick add on:  Amazing piece about former NFL player Tim Green, is a must watch.

Click on this part titled below to view the complete interview, is around 14 minutes long. 

'Tim Green: Coping with the ALS he thinks was caused by the game he loves'

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tim-green-als-emotional-60-minutes-interview/

On 11/12/2018 at 7:21 AM, Ozzy said:

*Gardner Minshew RS JR QB Washington State:
 Minshew is a damn good prospect though, could even come out this year and be a mid round pick, but if he comes back just imagine how good he could get.  However there is not much left for him to prove other than consistency because would be hard to beat how well he is playing this year out of nowhere.  

I thought Minshew was a senior.

19 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

I thought Minshew was a senior.

I saw once on a roster he was a RS JR because of the transfer.  I see now that has changed and or has been updated.  Looking into it more he went to a JUCO 2015, then 2016 played at East Carolina, 2017 played there as well and now 2018 Washington State.  I thought there was a redshirt year in there but I guess not and is now a graduate student.  If he is indeed a senior and cannot play college football again that changes the up coming draft big time.  Not sure he would be a 1st round pick but could be in that discussion possible late round and for sure is in the discussion for the 2nd round, I would take him over McKenzie Milton 2nd round and Milton is a very good player as well.  

I am going to have to update somethings for sure, sorry about the apparent mistake by me.  

Minshew I love how he plays, he is so under control and accurate with the football.  Usually I dislike Leach teams and offenses but this year it is different to me because they have such solid OL play, are so unique in how they throw to the backs and so versatile.  It is very different and interesting, they are not as up tempo and are more ball control with how they pass to the backs and even have two RB sets in the shot gun.  Minshew is playing outstanding and is remarkably sound in running an offense.  Especially in the NFL of today where teams are more and more like college offenses are run, Minshew could have just fine success.  Think about him on say the Saints, yet he would be a great fit there for the future no question about it.  

On 11/19/2018 at 6:17 PM, Ozzy said:

*Stevie Scott FR RB Indiana:
Is a freaking tank as a RB, love his size and physical strength.  Ran well against a fine Michigan defense, impressive game might have to go back and watch it again.  Has good leg drive and a few of his OL looked solid as well.  Fine looking talent, one of the best true FR runningbacks in the nation without question, has big time ability no doubt about it.

He had a hell of a game. Usually, it takes a pretty special talent at RB to break so many tackles and look that good against a Don Brown coached defense. He's gonna be a problem for Big Ten teams for the next 2-3 years.

On 11/19/2018 at 6:17 PM, Ozzy said:

*Anthony Rush SR NT UAB:
I need to watch him a lot more but was an impressive big man in the middle.  Late round pick potential but at that size is interesting, totally blew up the line a few times in that game.  In general UAB apparently has a solid D, did not see many star players but they are worth watching again for sure, have some talent on the back end and on the DL as well.  Rush is key that defenses success no doubt.

I've been following him, he's got all the tools and traits to be a hell of a nose tackle, he just needs to play smarter. I'm hoping the Lions draft him to be an understudy of Damon Harrison. He's got the size, strength, length, and athleticism to be a hell of a player. He just doesn't use great technique at the moment, there are moments where his vision wasn't good enough and he didn't find the ball, and he needs to do a much better job at holding double teams longer to keep his LBs free. It isn't hard to see his potential though with the way he can stack and shed blockers with ease. He already shows the lateral quickness to get off blocks and move over into the hole to make the tackle as well. @MSURacerDT55 you should watch him if you get the chance.

@IDOG_det So I watched him a little bit, he's a girthy dude with good size and surprising athleticism. I just wish he were a little more consistent, not saying he loafs but when he brings it he overwhelms dudes. He did a few times during the Texas A & M game and was a force, that Snacks Harrison comp is nice, he just needs to have the same effort every snap.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

@IDOG_det So I watched him a little bit, he's a girthy dude with good size and surprising athleticism. I just wish he were a little more consistent, not saying he loafs but when he brings it he overwhelms dudes. He did a few times during the Texas A & M game and was a force, that Snacks Harrison comp is nice, he just needs to have the same effort every snap.

I agree, especially in that A&M game he completely crushed the pocket, then a few plays later could not even notice he was out there.  Not sure if it is just a weak A&M center or what, still worth another few looks.  Will be interesting how he does in the Conference USA title game, then again not like they are going up against great competition though, the next game against Mid Tennessee is on ESPN 3 so basically that is out for me...

Archived