2019 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+ Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

On 4/13/2018 at 8:07 PM, Ozzy said:

Dexter Lawrence in 2017 was said to rep 225 31 times and run a 4.9 40 at 340 pounds

Been watching him, I don't really see 4.9, he hustles though. He's a monster in the mold of Shaun Rogers and is still an impact player, just not at athletic as some may suggest.

58 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Been watching him, I don't really see 4.9, he hustles though. He's a monster in the mold of Shaun Rogers and is still an impact player, just not at athletic as some may suggest.

I completely agree. People will knock him down a a bit and put him in his place over the coming months. His athleticism and potential as a pass-rusher have been exaggerated. Some have said he's the first overall pick, etc. I don't buy it. Rare player though. I just think a lot of people really haven't watched him much which is understandable.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I know there isn't a 2020 thread but Chase Young may be the #1 pick or if not, top 5. You hear it here first

That’s no secrect. Those whom have watched a handful of Ohio State games this past season would know this, especially when the broadcasters highlights it.

On 4/21/2018 at 1:20 PM, Classic said:

What do you guys think about Texas QBs Sam Ehlinger and Shane Buechele?

Ehlinger showed a lot of toughness I thought last year and is a good thick athlete.  Buechele does some nice things in the passing game but is not very big, if maybe one could combine both of them into one player then you might have something.  Overall though I think Ehlinger wins the job because of his run ability, leadership and toughness, still has a long ways to go to be considered a fine NFL prospect.  

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Article on Penn State QB Trace McSorley being compared to Baker Mayfield

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23246894/penn-state-nittany-lions-trace-mcsorley

McSorley is not Baker Mayfield, or at least I do not think so, McSorley is very limited in the passing game I find and struggles with it often.  Sure can make some wow plays but is not all that consistent.  Could argue McKenzie Milton is more like Baker Mayfield than McSorley is.  Then again Milton's success did have a large part to do with that offensive system I feel, will see how he does with a new group in there this year at UCF.  Mayfield I had in May 2016 as a potential projected 1st round prospect that year even at that young age, and now as a SR he is even better, I do not see that with McSorley at all.  He would be lucky to have a NFL career unless he greatly improves his game this year.

On 4/21/2018 at 9:21 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I know there isn't a 2020 thread but Chase Young may be the #1 pick or if not, top 5. You hear it here first

Will see what happens with him, obviously not all highly ranked players turn out and could argue Joshua Kaindoh on Florida State showed just as much potential and is a bigger longer athlete.  AJ Epenesa played big time I thought last year for Iowa, great athletic ability and should be even better this year, also could argue he made more impact plays last year than Young did.  And Jaelan Phillips of UCLA is solid, a little over hyped potentially but has a nice build and when healthy will see what he can do.   

Honestly though the only freshman from last year and next year going to be sophomore that should get big time elite level hype coming into the season in terms of a future high draft pick as a DL or OL is Trey Smith.  That kid was awesome last year and showed some elite level power and force for a young lineman, the rest really I need to see some more out of them, Smith to me is pretty obvious has big time potential.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Will see what happens with him, obviously not all highly ranked players turn out and could argue Joshua Kaindoh on Florida State showed just as much potential and is a bigger longer athlete.  AJ Epenesa played big time I thought last year for Iowa, great athletic ability and should be even better this year, also could argue he made more impact plays last year than Young did.  And Jaelan Phillips of UCLA is solid, a little over hyped potentially but has a nice build and when healthy will see what he can do.   

Honestly though the only freshman from last year and next year going to be sophomore that should get big time elite level hype coming into the season in terms of a future high draft pick as a DL or OL is Trey Smith.  That kid was awesome last year and showed some elite level power and force for a young lineman, the rest really I need to see some more out of them, Smith to me is pretty obvious has big time potential.  

Ok.....I didn't and am not comparing those guys. I said what I said....

Plus how do you figure Kaindoh is a "better athlete"? I implore you to do a little bit more digging on him before you make yourself look bad speaking on what you don't know about...

Moving forward, I stand by what I said...next

27 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Ok.....I didn't and am not comparing those guys. I said what I said....

Plus how do you figure Kaindoh is a "better athlete"? I implore you to do a little bit more digging on him before you make yourself look bad speaking on what you don't know about...

Moving forward, I stand by what I said...next

I did do a little digging, I know that Joel Klatt said that exact thing about Chase Young and the 2020 Draft and did it long before you did, so sure you want to go all profit called it on him but yeah it has been done.  Will see how he does this year for sure, seems talented but will be nice to see him produce not in a blowout against backups which is most of his production last year.  Did not beat out the likes of Hubbard, Holmes and Lewis but not many would.   Yes he had a solid Spring Game recently but so did Tim Williams a few years back, and he looked like a sure thing top 10 selection.  Young will have plenty of chances this year with the guys coming out for the draft and Bosa, Landers and Jones keeping blockers off of him during the season.  I would be shocked if he is a better player than Nick Bosa is though.  I like projecting as well but try to at least wait for the next draft cycle and do not go too far down the road yet.  

I like Kaindoh and I feel he is a damn impressive athlete, you think otherwise so what.  And I still say AJ Epenesa who is sure not as talented, but compare freshman seasons, made more of an impact on close tight ball games than getting stats in blowouts.  Will see how they all do this year, but still say this freshman soon to be sophomore group still has a lot to prove across the board on the DL.

Jadeveon Clowney and Joey Bosa  as freshman superstars, now those are lock type prospects who are no doubt top picks even after their freshman year.  Did not get that vibe from any this past season to project that far but could have been situational, will see.  So it is a wait and see for me.  

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I did do a little digging, I know that Joel Klatt said that exact thing about Chase Young and the 2020 Draft and did it long before you did, so sure you want to go all profit called it on him but yeah it has been done.  Will see how he does this year for sure, seems talented but will be nice to see him produce not in a blowout against backups which is most of his production last year.  Did not beat out the likes of Hubbard, Holmes and Lewis but not many would.   Yes he had a solid Spring Game recently but so did Tim Williams a few years back, and he looked like a sure thing top 10 selection.  Young will have plenty of chances this year with the guys coming out for the draft and Bosa, Landers and Jones keeping blockers off of him during the season.  I would be shocked if he is a better player than Nick Bosa is though.  I like projecting as well but try to at least wait for the next draft cycle and do not go too far down the road yet.  

I like Kaindoh and I feel he is a damn impressive athlete, you think otherwise so what.  And I still say AJ Epenesa who is sure not as talented, but compare freshman seasons, made more of an impact on close tight ball games than getting stats in blowouts.  Will see how they all do this year, but still say this freshman soon to be sophomore group still has a lot to prove across the board on the DL.

Jadeveon Clowney and Joey Bosa  as freshman superstars, now those are lock type prospects who are no doubt top picks even after their freshman year.  Did not get that vibe from any this past season to project that far but could have been situational, will see.  So it is a wait and see for me.  

Jesus Christ, what is your deal?  I wasn't even talking to you. I wish there was an ignore feature on this board. Second of all, If you did MORE digging, you would know that Larry Johnson Sr. doesn't start frosh over upper classmen regardless of how talented they are Adolphus Washington/Steve Miller started over Joey Bosa although he played a lot, which is another failure on your part, third Tim Williams???? Tim Williams is 6'3 240, has a funny build, has short arms, terrible against the run and has character issues, Chase Young is 6'5 265 chiseled out of granite, an athletic freak and has a super squaky clean character, the worst you will hear about him is that he is up too late playing Fortnite so again, help me understand the correlation between those two players, another failure.  Who cares about your "vibe", both of those players were unicorns on their team of course they played extensively, neither team had the DL depth tOSU has from top to bottom now so Young didn't have to play as much, he wasn't stealing reps from Tyquan Lewis, Sam Hubbard, Jaylin Holmes and Nick Bosa, all 4 of those guys are DEs. Geez.....before jump off the top rope, make sure its a soft landing below. 

If you like Kaindoh and Espenesa, good for you. Good day, Im on my way to find the ignore poster button.

Archived