2019 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+ Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

Scouts already love LSU LB Devin White.

Read: "This kid could end up being similar to Ray Lewis. I'd take White over any of the linebackers this year. He's unbelievable. Unless he gets hurt or completely shuts it down to protect himself, he'll be the first linebacker drafted next year. He's the complete package. Great character. He's the signal caller of the defense with a super football IQ. He's big, sturdy, and stout enough for Mike - middle linebacker-. Swift enough for Will - weakside linebacker -, great athlete and coverage instincts. Stacks up the stat boxes, all of them. He's fast, an explosive tackler, and elite reactionary quickness.

"Right now, he's among the best, and maybe the best, I've scouted. Better athlete and versatility than [Dont'a] Hightower. More explosive, violent, and bigger than C.J. Mosley; same level of instincts. Better than Jerod Mayo at Tennessee. Bigger than Jonathan Vilma while being more violent and instinctive than D.J. Williams, same kind of freak athlete explosiveness-wise. Thumper like Sean Weatherspoon. Basically, [White is] a bigger version of Roquan Smith in the 240-250-pound range. He's FUN to watch. Unbelievable stamina and motor. He could be the best linebacker ever to come out of LSU." 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Scouts already love LSU LB Devin White.

Read: "This kid could end up being similar to Ray Lewis. I'd take White over any of the linebackers this year. He's unbelievable. Unless he gets hurt or completely shuts it down to protect himself, he'll be the first linebacker drafted next year. He's the complete package. Great character. He's the signal caller of the defense with a super football IQ. He's big, sturdy, and stout enough for Mike - middle linebacker-. Swift enough for Will - weakside linebacker -, great athlete and coverage instincts. Stacks up the stat boxes, all of them. He's fast, an explosive tackler, and elite reactionary quickness.

"Right now, he's among the best, and maybe the best, I've scouted. Better athlete and versatility than [Dont'a] Hightower. More explosive, violent, and bigger than C.J. Mosley; same level of instincts. Better than Jerod Mayo at Tennessee. Bigger than Jonathan Vilma while being more violent and instinctive than D.J. Williams, same kind of freak athlete explosiveness-wise. Thumper like Sean Weatherspoon. Basically, [White is] a bigger version of Roquan Smith in the 240-250-pound range. He's FUN to watch. Unbelievable stamina and motor. He could be the best linebacker ever to come out of LSU." 

Devin White is a great player but I feel he does have to improve his overall athletic ability a little bit and become more explosive out there.  Great talent, has been productive for two straight years now and is a thick solid linebacker.  With improvement this season and a great year sure could be a 1st round pick and maybe better than the likes of Roquan Smith but needs to get better athletically and Smith was more explosive and powerful on the field I thought.  In terms of ILB for this up coming draft Devin Bush is a better athlete than White but not as good in the box or in terms of production, but in the right system as a blitzing ILB in a 3/4 could be great but still needs to get stronger.  I also like Paddy Fisher but he is a long shot to come out as a RS SOPH, still has better size and length and just as good of toughness in the box and ability to shed blocks.  

To compare him to Ray Lewis is setting Devin White up to fail, honestly a Hall of Famer and one of the best inside linebackers ever, pretty high bar I would say.  White to his credit has been productive without having amazing elite DL talent ahead of him.  Can get through traffic and make plays despite LSU as a unit being quite down defensively especially at times last year.  Will see if they can pick it up this year and get back to form.  I would not say White is better than Luke Kuechly though in terms of flat out playmaking ability at linebacker, will see how he looks this year, again would be nice to see him more explosive and lose a little weight yet keep that strength.  

To me he is not more versatile than Hightower who played straight up defensive end with his hand in the ground on Alabama and 3/4 OLB as a standup, White does not do that.  He is bigger than Mosely but Mosely is far better in coverage and and has better range arguably.  Mayo is very similar to White but was arguably more productive with less talent around him.  Yes is bigger than Vilma but not as quick, and is similar to DJ Williams but not a better athlete though, Williams could have been a running back on offense, doubt White could do that.  Will be curious how White runs, not sure he is that elite of an athlete, will see how he looks this year.  Manti Te'o was similar build and wildly productive in college but not a great athlete and that has shown up in the NFL, see if White can improve his overall athletic ability.

In terms of him being the best linebacker ever at LSU, that could happen after this year but it is not a great group.  Bradie James was a fine player and pro and currently Deion Jones is a tackle machine and Alexander is good but there is not a ton of great LSU linebackers.  Most of their talent is on the DL and DB groups.   

On 5/4/2018 at 11:58 AM, Da_Ducktator said:

It's shocking to me people rave about Shea Patterson and nobody is talking about Nathan Stanley. I think Stanley has showed some nice flashes and based on just casual watching of him, the skill-set seems to be there. Patterson got to take advantage of having great weapons and has a below average arm. He just runs around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to mimic Manziel. Patterson has shown very little that translates to being an NFL QB. 

I would also keep an eye on Tyree Jackson of Buffalo, who should maintain the starting job, although Drew Anderson was pretty good when he filled in for a hurt Tyree last year. But Jackson is a giant with a strong arm.

Anderson just transferred to Murray State.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Groink said:

Anderson just transferred to Murray State.

I think it's funny I saw a few people saying Anderson was the better of the two and he ends up transferring.

Good for Anderson though. He does have talent to warrant a draft slot if he can carve out some more playing time. He just has to beat out Shuler Bentley and should have the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Da_Ducktator said:

I think it's funny I saw a few people saying Anderson was the better of the two and he ends up transferring.

Good for Anderson though. He does have talent to warrant a draft slot if he can carve out some more playing time. He just has to beat out Shuler Bentley and should have the job.

That's going to be a battle of two very efficient passers, I'm happy to have both.

Paddy Fisher is much more than just a great name. He's also a really good LB prospect.  I know pff loves him.

I want to see Khaleke Hudson play traditional safety.  Love how he plays, but he won't be playing spur on the eagles. 

Want to see Maxx Crosby against a draftable OT.

Want to see DK Metcalf look like a complete wr.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, Hawkeyejam said:

Noah Fant TE Iowa will be one to look out for. Awesome receiving TE that can block. Hands could be improved but the sky's the limit

I don't think he'll come out early for next year, but another name to check in on this year is Iowa QB Nathan Stanley. He still needs to develop and his stats don't jump off the page. He's also 6'5 230 lbs with a cannon of an arm. He can make most throws. His limitations are not necessarily his fault. Had a very bad WR corps and a very conservative offensive scheme

There were 2 games last year that they let him off the leash: ISU and tOSU

He went

vs. ISU 27/41 333 yards 5 TDs 0 INTs

vs. tOSU 20/31 226 yards 5 TDs 0 INTs

Had 2 good TEs to throw to but his WRs were baad

What's your thoughts on DE Anthony Nelson? I know he's big and graded well vs the run, but that's about it.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Paddy Fisher is much more than just a great name. He's also a really good LB prospect.  I know pff loves him.

I want to see Khaleke Hudson play traditional safety.  Love how he plays, but he won't be playing spur on the eagles. 

Want to see Maxx Crosby against a draftable OT.

Want to see DK Metcalf look like a complete wr.

I agree Paddy Fisher is a damn good player, really can get off blocks and get to the football.  Love his size and plays tough aggressive football, cannot wait to see how good he is this year and of course I would not be surprised with some improvement for him to come out early, he has that kind of talent.

Khaleke Hudson I view more as a potential linebacker in the future than Peppers was.  I have not see Hudson do a ton in pass coverage where Peppers at times earlier in his career played corner and slot corner often.  Maybe Hudson could become a safety but at Michigan in that 'viper' role he will never leave that spot till he graduates I think.  Sure they could find another one for that spot which I doubt, he was so productive there last year why move him to safety?  Be curious what they do, because they do need better safety play, just not sure they risk moving Hudson and that kind of production he had at the 'viper' position.

DK Metcalf physically is super impressive but a lot of the Ole Miss WRs are, would be nice to see him develop some more of course but physically the guy is extremely put together.  See if he can make a jump similar to what AJ Brown did last year from his FR year to his SOPH year in terms of production, see if Metcalf can make that kind of jump as a RS SOPH.    

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, Jeezla said:

What's your thoughts on DE Anthony Nelson? I know he's big and graded well vs the run, but that's about it.

Underrated pass rusher, has really good hands, not overly athletic but works really hard, Carl Nassib clone.

On 5/14/2018 at 6:12 PM, Jeezla said:

Huge frame at 6'8 270. Long arms. Can get his hands up to affect passing lanes. Strong against the run and overlooked on the pass rush. Can get around the tackle fairly quickly. As MSUracer said not overly athletic but technically proficient.

Won't put huge numbers up this season but Iowa has really solid depth at DL. Gonna be some platooning. I'm surprised with some of the 2nd round grades he's gotten. Got to figure it's predicting he takes a big step up. Just your normal lunch pail Iowa linemen. Will get the job done and provide a Nfl team with solid minutes.