2019 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+ Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

1 hour ago, Scout said:

I think Clayton Thorson is a QB prospect worthy of going #1 overall if healthy, and he would be neck and neck with Rosen as my #2 QB if he had declared. However, I appreciate the work on this list. 

Tearing his ACL at the Bowl game and getting his surgery in mid January makes him being healthy for 2019 a very iffy proposition.    And keep in mind even when he returns he won’t have full explosion and 100 percent of his new baseline until the 18 month mark (obviously earlier return to playing but it’s 18 months to get the full baseline function - whatever it is- back).  

A young player like him there’s no reason to be anything but optimistic for a full physical recovery long term but this injury’s timing will do a real number on his draft stock.   

Edited by Broncofan

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Chris Brown the RS SR should be a very solid OG, showed a lot of athletic ability and grit early last year I thought and could be a decent mid level draft pick.  I like Edoga but need to see him progress some more, has a very solid build about him though.

Gustin has a lot of potential as a pass rusher but has yet to really put it all together and last year really hurt with the injuries, see if he can finally put it together and stay on the field and be productive.  Cameron Smith I like a lot but he also needs to take it to the next level, really like his pass rush ability he has shown and ability to get behind the line of scrimmage and make plays, gives him another skill set potentially.  There are some ILBs I would take over him out there though, see if he can become one of the top guys with his play on the field.  I like Tell as well, he played very good last season and did indeed get a lot better from the year before.  Marshall I expected a lot more out of him last year and he did not really do it, will see if he can become that true lock down corner.  

Tyler Vaughns really came on strong late last year and will be a RS SOPH I believe, could be a early entry candidate but will see how he plays.  Will be interesting how Pittman does as well, he played great late last year.  Daniel Imatorbhebhe will be interesting as well how he develops, showed flashes but has to be way more consistent on the field overall.  I expect Carr to get a majority of the carries, not a huge fan of Ware just yet but will see.  

I could definitely see Vaughns leaving early if he makes it through the year healthy. He's been the unquestioned top dog during spring ball and he is one of the smoothest WR's ive seen. Everything he does is so just effortless and his hands are top notch. He can stand to put some good weight on but he's going to be a real good one. Pitman and both of the Imatorbhebhe brothers have huge potential it is just staying healthy that is key. Don't see Pitman or Josh I coming out early.

Overall USC is in a huge transition mode, kind of disappointed a little bit last year I thought.  Now with no Darnold they have a lot of work to do to get back to that elite level.  Darnold carried them to a lot of wins that I do not think they would have got without him.  He was a gigantic part of the success of USC, see what they do next.  

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Tearing his ACL at the Bowl game and getting his surgery in mid January makes him being healthy for 2019 a very iffy proposition.    And keep in mind even when he returns he won’t have full explosion and 100 percent of his new baseline until the 18 month mark (obviously earlier return to playing but it’s 18 months to get the full baseline function - whatever it is- back).  

A young player like him there’s no reason to be anything but optimistic for a full physical recovery long term but this injury’s timing will do a real number on his draft stock.   

When do you think he plays a football game next? 

34 minutes ago, Scout said:

When do you think he plays a football game next? 

Depends on the timing of his surgery.   Only reports were in late January that he was operated on earlier that month (had to wait for the swelling to go down before repairing no doubt). 

The best-case is 9 months and I think 12 is  conservative given there are young elite athletes.   I’d be guessing Oct-Nov is more realistic.  

On 4/9/2018 at 8:50 PM, Broncofan said:

Well a thin 2019 QB class could get thinner.   Ole Miss blocking the appeal not a great look for them, and obviously if it's successful, then now Eason and Patterson move to the 2020 draft class.

Ole Miss has to object to Shea's claims about what happened. The expectation is still that Shea will be eligible at this point

6 hours ago, Scout said:

I think Clayton Thorson is a QB prospect worthy of going #1 overall if healthy, and he would be neck and neck with Rosen as my #2 QB if he had declared. However, I appreciate the work on this list. 

I do not think Thorson could ever become the #1 overall pick unless he had a insanely impressive season next year.  He is a solid pro but to me no one has shown so far to be really that elite of a QB yet.  Will see what happens and who develops next year, but really doubt that many QBs come out of no where or improve that dramatically.  

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

This dude dominated in every Wisconsin game I saw of him last year. I remember laughing at his ridiculous look. He was built like a WR and looked like a female playing LB'er. And then I saw him play. The dude was everywhere. Made splash plays in both the run game and pass game. Got after the QB, dropped into passing lanes. Has excellent movement skills. Bendy athlete. I still feel like he's extremely undersized to be playing essentially DE in the NFL, but his tape is very impressive. He's going to be a star if he can add some weight.

Garrett Dooley and Jacobs were more productive OLBs for Wisconsin last year than Van Ginkel I thought.  Sure Van Ginkel made huge impact big plays especially late in the year but those other guys were far more consistent rushing the passer, getting pressure or holding the edge, especially Jacobs.  Van Ginkel is really talented, will see how he does with less talent around him this next year on the outside, and with far more attention on him.  Does indeed seem like just another fine Wisconsin OLB who is a terror to deal with on the edge.  Could easily be on this list and probably should be, I just want to see just how good he becomes next year before including him honestly, see where he might land.   Does help him a lot that Edwards and Connelly are still around, they will clean up a lot of the mess and allow Van Ginkel to rush freely and move around a lot more.

16 hours ago, Scout said:

Thorson has elite accuracy 

So I remember watching them against tOSU 2016 he made some really, really, really nice throws so I looked for a cut up of Thorson and couldn't find it so I went to the next best thing, a cut up of Austin Carr vs tOSU and like I remembered, he made some really nice throws. Box score scouters will scoff at his game but he went against the best defensive backfield in the country (Lattimore, Conley, Ward, Hooker) and a pass rush of (Hubbard, Lewis, Bosa, Holmes), he held up very well and has a lot of NFL ability.

23 hours ago, Broncofan said:

And keep in mind even when he returns he won’t have full explosion and 100 percent of his new baseline until the 18 month mark (obviously earlier return to playing but it’s 18 months to get the full baseline function - whatever it is- back).  

Assuming he returns around mid-season, the draft season would be around the 15/16 month mark no? If he doesn't show really poorly or have any setbacks, I don't think it does too much damage to his stock- though that depends on where someone valued him I suppose.

I had him as a 3rd rounder with a ceiling of the mid-late 2nd. I didn't think he would be able to work his way into the top 20, so even if he isn't able to really increase his stock, I don't see much less than a disaster doing it any damage. Where did you have him/how high did you think he could go? Genuinely curious because I really liked him the little bit I saw (which wasn't much). 

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Assuming he returns around mid-season, the draft season would be around the 15/16 month mark no? If he doesn't show really poorly or have any setbacks, I don't think it does too much damage to his stock- though that depends on where someone valued him I suppose.

I had him as a 3rd rounder with a ceiling of the mid-late 2nd. I didn't think he would be able to work his way into the top 20, so even if he isn't able to really increase his stock, I don't see much less than a disaster doing it any damage. Where did you have him/how high did you think he could go? Genuinely curious because I really liked him the little bit I saw (which wasn't much). 

If he doesn’t play for a good portion of the season it’s hard to see him at the top of any draft lists.   Especially if he plays in a more limited fashion as a precaution.   Hard not to see how that isn’t hurting his draft stock. 

22 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm calling 4.60 - 4.65 for Ed Oliver right now

It will be interesting to see how he does, in June 2017 it was said he can squat 635, bench press 415 and had a 34.5" vertical and a 9-6 Broad jump.  Would be nice to see him get home at the QB more often but he is not surrounded by much talent that is for sure.  Then again at that same time was said in June 2017 Rashan Gary at 6-5 287 apparently ran a 4.57 40 with a 31" vertical and had a 6.70 3-cone drill which would be one of the best DL cone drills at the combine in over 10 years.  So sure a lot of those elite DLs will perform quite well at the combine most likely.  Dexter Lawrence in 2017 was said to rep 225 31 times and run a 4.9 40 at 340 pounds.  Then again those are just numbers, what they really have to do is produce on the field and continue to develop and preform at a high level as players.

21 hours ago, couchscout said:

4th on Will Grier West Virginia QB SR?

I am not really high on him just yet.  Has a little bit of an odd release I feel and is obviously in a pass happy system.  Will see how he does this next year, kind of feel the same way about Sills his #1 WR.  Sure puts up great stats but need to see a little more out of him to consider him this elite NFL prospect.

On 4/14/2018 at 12:15 PM, Classic said:

Jarrett Stidham and Will Grier are the best QBs in this draft. Especially Stidham moves in pocket well and has nice mobility when scrambling. Grier has a nice deep pass too

Jarrett Stidham, yes could make that argument especially with his progression last year which was not a huge surprise.  Was a flame thrower with fine athletic ability at Baylor, got a great chance at Auburn last year and did well with it.  See if he can continue to progress next year and if so no question should be or could be the top QB in the draft 2019.  And lucky for him Francois is not off to a great start getting in trouble with the law just recently, I loved his toughness he showed in the pocket as a FR, just got killed back there and kept coming strong but still curious how he will be off that injury and if he is not the same then really opens the door for Stidham for sure. 

Grier, not sold on him just yet, has an odd release I think and seems really sloppy with the ball and turns it over a lot.  Could maybe become an elite QB but not sure I see it yet.