2019 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (+ Weekly Prospect Standouts)

Ozzy

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I am aware he was kicked off the team, I just assumed he transferred to another school.

Ryan Buchholz is a talented looking prospect but Miller by far is the best one on the team I feel based on what was shown last year.  Yetur Gross-Matos also has some ability and length as well but like Buchholz needs to be more consistent like Miller was last year.  As far as depth, sure it is ok but nothing compared to the likes of say Clemson, Ohio State or Michigan with straight depth and talent on the DL.  But sure some guys will emerge this year...  

I like Miller, and then Shane Simmons as the next one for Penn State DE's. Micah Parsons seems to be getting reps at LB.

1 minute ago, Classic said:

Matt Millen's way to early 2019 mock draft 

1. New York Jets - Nick Bosa - Edge

2. Cincinnati Bengals - Justin Herbert - QB

3. Chicago Bears - Ed Oliver - DL

4. Miami Dolphins - Drew Lock - QB

5. Washington Redskins - AJ Brown - WR

6. Buffalo Bills - Jonah Williams - OT

7. Arizona Cardinals - Trey Adams - OT

8. Cleveland Browns - Rashad Gary - DL

9. Indianapolis Colts - Greg Little - OT

10. Baltimore Ravens - Greedy Williams - CB

11. Tennessee Titans - Dexter Lawrence - DL

12. Detroit Lions - Clelin Ferrell - DL

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mitch Hyatt - OT

14. New York Giants - Clayton Thorson - QB

15. Carolina Panthers - Deandre Baker - CB

16. Kansas City Chiefs - Joe Jackson - Edge

17. Los Angeles Chargers - Shea Patterson - QB 

18. Seattle Seahawks - Michael Jackson - CB

19. Dallas Cowboys - Collin Johnson - WR

20. Denver Broncos - Josh Allen - LB

21. Atlanta Falcons - Jeffrey Simmons - DL

22. Jacksonville Jaguars - Nick Fitzgerald - QB 

23. Houston Texans - Sam Beal - CB

24. Oakland Raiders - Deebo Samuel 

25. Green Bay Packers - Terrell Lewis - Edge

26. Green Bay Packers - Ahmmon Richards - WR

27. Los Angeles Rams - Austin Bryant - DL 

28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Christian Miller - Edge 

29. San Francisco 49ers - Montze Sweat - Edge 

30. Minnesota Vikings - Christian Wilikins - DL 

31. Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Deiter - OT 

32. New England Patriots - Ryan Finley - QB 

Very odd list, especially considering Fitzgerald is a terrible passer and is only a big dude playing QB, he has a really long way to go to be considered an elite QB talent.  Same with Herbert, he has a long ways to go but is talented, a lot more talented than Fitzgerald is.  Would love to see Greg Little or Trey Adams that high but both have to improve a lot, especially Adams based on how he played last year before the injury.  And Shea Patterson?  What the hell, yeah 6 QBs drafting in the 1st round next year, horse S*$&%t that happens, it is not a good group and no way there are 6 of them worth a 1st round pick.  I agree with Greedy being that high of pick but now he has ton of expectations for next year, will see how he does with the pressure because McFadden looked like a future 1st round pick before this past season and now went undrafted, do feel Greedy is better but will see how he is played now that teams have seen him and have tape on him for a year.  And Deiter a 1st round pick, he is not better than Dietzen as a prospect and Edwards is a more talented OT potentially.   

It is a strange list and for sure is missed a lot of key prospects.  And that many QBs drafted in the first similar to this year and more actually than this past season 6 being picked when this year was only 5, that is flat out nuts and no way that happens.  These QBs are not near as talented as this past year unless they greatly improve, only one out of this list at QB who was pretty solid as a prospect this past year was Lock, the rest are still way up in the air.

giphy.gif

Noah Fant TE Iowa will be one to look out for. Awesome receiving TE that can block. Hands could be improved but the sky's the limit

I don't think he'll come out early for next year, but another name to check in on this year is Iowa QB Nathan Stanley. He still needs to develop and his stats don't jump off the page. He's also 6'5 230 lbs with a cannon of an arm. He can make most throws. His limitations are not necessarily his fault. Had a very bad WR corps and a very conservative offensive scheme

There were 2 games last year that they let him off the leash: ISU and tOSU

He went

vs. ISU 27/41 333 yards 5 TDs 0 INTs

vs. tOSU 20/31 226 yards 5 TDs 0 INTs

Had 2 good TEs to throw to but his WRs were baad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeyejam said:

Noah Fant TE Iowa will be one to look out for. Awesome receiving TE that can block. Hands could be improved but the sky's the limit

Albert Okwuegbunam from Missouri is only a 3SO, but man, I'm all over that guy. If you haven't watched much of him, give him a whirl.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawkeyejam said:

I don't think he'll come out early for next year, but another name to check in on this year is Iowa QB Nathan Stanley. He still needs to develop and his stats don't jump off the page. He's also 6'5 230 lbs with a cannon of an arm. He can make most throws. His limitations are not necessarily his fault. Had a very bad WR corps and a very conservative offensive scheme

He went

True with Fant, but need to see him do it when everyone knows who he is now.  Last year he surprised a lot of teams early and later in the year was easier to be taken out of the game.  Great looking athlete though and love his length for sure.  Stanley I am not a huge fan of him, he needs to progress a lot, and I would not call his arm a cannon either but will see how he does next year.  The offensive scheme is very pro style so if he cannot succeed in it I doubt he could in the NFL, so will see how he does this year.  As for that Ohio State game, sure Iowa played well as did Stanley but not sure that is indicative to their talent and was more just a perfect night and everyone on Iowa played extremely well it seemed.  

Caleb Wilson I have as maybe a 1st round TE, before the injury last year he was crazy good and very hard to handle, but the rest still have to improve and show consistency.  Albert Okwuegbunam has tons of upside no doubt but I have him as a 2nd rounder right now, but does have more size and weight to him than the likes of Fant or Wilson and is arguably just as good of an athlete.  But yeah let us see how they all do with more eyes and focus on them, see if they can still produce.  

21 hours ago, Hawkeyejam said:

He went

It's shocking to me people rave about Shea Patterson and nobody is talking about Nathan Stanley. I think Stanley has showed some nice flashes and based on just casual watching of him, the skill-set seems to be there. Patterson got to take advantage of having great weapons and has a below average arm. He just runs around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to mimic Manziel. Patterson has shown very little that translates to being an NFL QB. 

I would also keep an eye on Tyree Jackson of Buffalo, who should maintain the starting job, although Drew Anderson was pretty good when he filled in for a hurt Tyree last year. But Jackson is a giant with a strong arm.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

It's shocking to me people rave about Shea Patterson and nobody is talking about Nathan Stanley. I think Stanley has showed some nice flashes and based on just casual watching of him, the skill-set seems to be there. Patterson got to take advantage of having great weapons and has a below average arm. He just runs around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to mimic Manziel. Patterson has shown very little that translates to being an NFL QB. 

I would also keep an eye on Tyree Jackson of Buffalo, who should maintain the starting job, although Drew Anderson was pretty good when he filled in for a hurt Tyree last year. But Jackson is a giant with a strong arm.

I agree Tyree Jackson is one to watch no doubt at that size, but he still has a long ways to go to be a more complete passer.  Impressive looking talent though no question as a junior.  

James Blackman Florida State SOPH is another big tall kid that can really throw it of course, same with Armani Rogers UNLV SOPH who is a great athlete as well I think but still super raw.  Rogers will be his chance but Blackman will be back on the bench most likely did struggle last year but at times showed some potential, curious if they could maybe redshirt him this up coming year if Francois stays healthy.  

Brian Lewerke Michigan State RS JR I expect him to really impress this year, kid is a fine player and can do a variety of things from the QB spot and is super dangerous on the move throwing and as a runner and should be even better this year.  Jalen McClendon Baylor SR should finally get his chance to play and show what he has, is a nice looking athlete and will see if he can win that starting job and do some things.  Justice Hansen Arkansas State RS SR is a huge sleeper from the 2019 draft, kid can really throw the football and throws well on the move also.  Is built well, good accurate arm and has been crazy productive especially last season, could be a fine looking prospect by the end of the year.  

14 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This draft was pretty mediocre to begin with. 

Not even close.  The 2018 Draft will go down as one of the greatest in NFL history.   I personally haven't seen as much talent enter the NFL at the same as this year's class.  I think it will go down alongside the 1996 and 2011 draft classes as the best of the last 25 years.

I believe there are 4 franchise QBs in this class:  Josh Allen (Bills), Lamar Jackson (Ravens), Sam Darnold (Jets), and Josh Rosen (Cardinals).  In addition I also like Kyle Lauletta (Giants) and Logan Woodside (Bengals) as solid starting QBs as well.  The RB class is arguably the most talented and deepest in NFL history.  I can see at least 10 RBs from this class developing into solid starters in the NFL.  The WRs were underrated.  The guys in the first couple of rounds might not be that great but I believe there will be many steals in the late rounds.  The offensive tackle class was weak but there were many great interior offensive lineman.  Defensively, this draft had a lot of top end talent.  Guys like Minkah Fitzpatrick, Derwin James, Marcus Davenport, and Leighton Vander Esch will be among the best players in the NFL at their positions for years to come.  Plus I believe there will be many mid-to-late round steals.

I'm pretty sure we'll look back at the 2018 Draft as the best draft of this generation.

1 hour ago, VanS said:

Not even close.  The 2018 Draft will go down as one of the greatest in NFL history.   I personally haven't seen as much talent enter the NFL at the same as this year's class.  I think it will go down alongside the 1996 and 2011 draft classes as the best of the last 25 years.

I believe there are 4 franchise QBs in this class:  Josh Allen (Bills), Lamar Jackson (Ravens), Sam Darnold (Jets), and Josh Rosen (Cardinals).  In addition I also like Kyle Lauletta (Giants) and Logan Woodside (Bengals) as solid starting QBs as well.  The RB class is arguably the most talented and deepest in NFL history.  I can see at least 10 RBs from this class developing into solid starters in the NFL.  The WRs were underrated.  The guys in the first couple of rounds might not be that great but I believe there will be many steals in the late rounds.  The offensive tackle class was weak but there were many great interior offensive lineman.  Defensively, this draft had a lot of top end talent.  Guys like Minkah Fitzpatrick, Derwin James, Marcus Davenport, and Leighton Vander Esch will be among the best players in the NFL at their positions for years to come.  Plus I believe there will be many mid-to-late round steals.

I'm pretty sure we'll look back at the 2018 Draft as the best draft of this generation.

I'm glad you feel this way. I think its going to be pretty forgettable.

I'll have to remember this conversation years down the road to see who was right!! That'll be fun!

Dedrick Mills RB going to Nebraska, talked about that earlier but saw some other confirmation for that.  Awesome place for him, big strong back who can really run hard and play well in the redzone.  I bet they might sprinkle in some triple option stuff even at Nebraska or work him into the spread with some jet sweeps or unique plays to get him the ball.  Could do great things and be a real weapon for them, will see if he can get back to what he was as a freshman on GT.  

Nick Harvey going to South Carolina, former Texas A&M CB, feisty corner and will see if he can do well on South Carolina, will be given plenty of chances to make plays if he wins the starting job.   

Dallas Warmack OG is apparently leaving as a graduate transfer as well from Alabama, not quite the player his brother was so might be looking for a fresh start and a chance to just do that, start.   

Joe Burrow QB transferring from Ohio State as a graduate transfer and apparently has two years left to play ball.  Good for him, see where he ends up and should finally get a chance to play which would have been hard on Ohio state.  Nebraska or LSU are in the mix for him and I see his dad played for Nebraska.  

I try not to read too much into pre mock draft stuff, try to keep it fresh and ones own opinion early on.  But I did read that some have three Wisconsin offensive lineman drafted in the 1st round of next years draft?  David Edwards Wisconsin RS JR OT, Beau Benzschawel Wisconsin RS SR OG and Michael Deiter RS SR OG/OT.  Now I might be wrong but would that not be the first time ever one college team has had that happen?  Sure it happen to some degree with year with Nelson and McGlinchey both being picked from Notre Dame in the top 10, that was a 1st time ever especially two guys on the same line that played right be each other.  Still three would be impressive, yet Wisconsin has the most talented OL in the nation by far coming into next year but to call all of them 1st rounders is a little much.  And that does not include Jon Dietzen Wisconsin RS JR OG who I like more than Benzschawel at guard because he has more power, or the center Tyler Biadasz Wisconsin RS SOPH who is super talented as well.  Edwards still has a long ways to go and Deiter has struggled at tackle I feel, sure could be a better guard but at tackle he has a lot to be desired I feel.  Will see how they all play next year for sure but not quite positive on calling all 1st round talents just yet when they are still not totally proven or completely developed and odd to say because all are redshirted players in their JR or SR year outside of Biadasz who has the least amount of experience of the group.  Will see how they do this year no question, should be interesting to watch.

Edwards and Deiter aren't first rounders. They're just easy names to throw in this early because they're solid Wisconsin offensive lineman. Benzschawel probably doesn't end up a 1st rounder either, but he's probably the best of those three.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 8:23 PM, Ozzy said:

I agree Tyree Jackson is one to watch no doubt at that size, but he still has a long ways to go to be a more complete passer.  Impressive looking talent though no question as a junior. 

Tyree made incredible strides between his FR and SOPH seasons. I think staying through his junior and senior years will be vital for him to develop enough for the NFL level, but considering the relatively weak crop of draft QBs this year and Buffalo looking to have its best team in quite some time, I would not be shocked at all if he declares after this season.

17 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Edwards and Deiter aren't first rounders. They're just easy names to throw in this early because they're solid Wisconsin offensive lineman. Benzschawel probably doesn't end up a 1st rounder either, but he's probably the best of those three.

Yeah it seemed odd to me, maybe I just need to watch them play some more but based on last year sure they have potential but for all of them to be in a preseason 1st round Mock or top 32 players, no way they are there based on what they did last year.  Edwards maybe if he reaches his potential and again I think Jon Dietzen might be a better guard than Benzschawel but will see.  Honestly though I try to not put guys as 1st rounders who did not show that already to some degree, and these guys are all redshirted players so they have been around, those three Wisconsin lineman I think it is a little early to call them all 1st rounders.

Will see what happens, it is a super talented group no question, but Taylor might make them look better than they are.  Just like Penn State last few years, they were not very good on the OL outside of maybe one or two players, yet some viewed them as a solid group based on Barkley's production.  Will see if they can individually become those elite level prospects that maybe they could become.  Even Ryan Ramczyk a few years back, some hyped him up big time as this great tackle because he was on Wisconsin.  Sure he is a solid pro but in no way is he like Joe Thomas who some compared him to, good yes, Hall of Famer, no.  But even he was barely a 1st rounder, and not sure any of the current Wisconsin guys are at his level which was ok but nothing out of this world in college.   Will be interesting to see how they do no doubt.  

• Like 1